Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Or just google leg pillow/knee pillow.

I've found that an anime body pillow makes a world of difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

happyhippy posted:

I'm a vegan. This £50 challenge gonna be a piece of piss!

I'm going to take this vodka drinking challenge!

Except I don't like ethanol, so it's just distilled water for me.

Outcome: I'm the fool because I took part in any sort of "challenge"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:fry:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I doubt things have naturally improved by themselves over the past 9 years

looks like nature is healing

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rishi should look into bribing human smugglers to hide people in lorries heading to Rwanda instead of UK. Might work?

e: or direct small boats to Ireland somehow

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

This is the first one I've been able to actually laugh at though in a long time, as hopefully it might kill the policy and it's not really making things worse for everyone else.

*monkey paw curls*

"The failed Rwanda deal was the last straw that broke Sunak's support among the party, paving way to Suella Braverman's entry to Downing Street 10."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgpjpr35nko

Godspeed to him on the road, but in the article what really caught my eye (apart from how well British teens were fed in the 1940's apparently) was this quote:

quote:

"When I was younger, I looked at my great grandad's prisoner-of-war diaries and I just love everything about the period."

I wonder what his voting preference is

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Archeology has been woke ever since Germany declared war on the Jones boys.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Cameron has officially now said he 'would like' a ceasefire. Germany has also now called for one.

The pig fucker has gone woke. I hope Rishi fires him before he sends membership application to Brussels or something.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Will Keir pledge allegiance to the Jewnion Jack? Reportedly Jeremy wouldn't.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Apraxin posted:

kind-of-good news in itself, compared to what was potentially on the table, but god, the undertone from presumably badenoch et al

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/dec/18/schools-in-england-will-not-have-to-flag-pupils-asking-about-gender

:unsmith: 'we couldn't put the boot into trans kids as hard as we wanted this time, but at least we can litigate their existence as an election wedge issue'

I'm glad that trans kids get to be used as a wedge issue in the next election, I'm sure this bodes well

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The Evergiven was only stuck for 6 days, now a bunch of the biggest shipping companies have all stopped sending freight through there, for a longer period of time, this is going to be even worse in terms of sex arse shortages.

This is not as severe because the canal is not closed and even for the companies that have announced that they will avoid it, their ships that are already past the Yemen coast will keep going. The Evergreen crisis was different in that the halt was abrupt, total and there was no information of when it would be cleared.

Although this time there's a chance that your lust bum will arrive with extra holes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tigey posted:

Finally they stopped the boats

Your sex arse is now in Rwanda

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Me, after wandering through jungle for months and finally setting my eyes on a familiar figure:

"Dr. Lustbum, I presume?"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tedsville posted:

Are you telling me I'm going to have to spend Christmas this year without my sex arse?

Here's to them
Underneath that burning sun
You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless
Give a little arse to the arseless
Do Houthis know it's lust bum time at all?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Amiga games with a box the size of a shoe box, containing a single 3.5" floppy disk and A5 size manual with like 4 pages.

Microprose games all had big manuals. I had Knights of the Sky, Gunship 2000, F-15 Strike Eagle II and Civilization for Amiga and those manuals felt like encyclopedias.

I don't know if physical copies of new Civilizations are sold anymore but if they are the manuals are prolly that 4 pages instructions of how to install and start.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:ohdear: y-y-yes mr. templar...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm sure this facial-recognition system will be able to tell black people apart

It will! Just not from other black people.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Somewhere further up the chain is a Mr Big who supplies all the sweet shops and is tumbling the real cash - Pablo Candybar

Let's go outside, mister

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

But enough about Elon Musk, there are dedicated threads for that!

"Pop Song 89" is the opening track and third single released from R.E.M.'s sixth studio album Green. It peaked at number 86 on the Hot 100, and in the UK "Stand" was re-released instead.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

I like the West Wing. I watch it semi-regularly (roughly every 4 years I wonder why). I understand it's flaws.

There is absolutely no reason to create a UK version in the Year of Our Lord 2024.

Make a Yes, Mr. Prime Minister/Veep style show about Liz Truss. Mini series are popular these days.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

e: ^ Oh cool, what are you planning with the 8051?

Put it in the bottle of cava (c code), obviously

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

AI still can't do hands properly.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1741782514270671194

:toot:

(Imagine bragging about this as the first thing you do in 2024. What a oval office, eh?)

I'm betting that this has been a massive problem and the streets of British university towns are flushed with families of international students. One thousand years from now men will still say: "This was Rishi's finest hour, too bad that he didn't stop the small boats, inshallah."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jakabite posted:

I’m going to assume this is a joke. It’s a joke right?

Threadban this goon!

You just can't get better than Torchwood.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Bab 5 is the best TV show ever made

Take a look at this no-life nerd who has watched every tv show ever made anywhere, including the German adaptation of Queer Eye "Schwul macht cool"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Many of the adaptations are called some variation of Fab 5.

:gowron:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

kecske posted:

UKMT: he might be a pedophile but he is spot on

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Or foreign cars driven by migrant workers and dual citizens? Not sure what the point is though. Like if you go on a road trip to Spain across France, I don't think that Johnny English is going to buy separate French and Spanish insurances to his car, his own insurance company will handle the paperwork.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

josh04 posted:

I assume Johnny English has insurance through work.

For his private car?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Johnson the Christ killer

Give us Boribbas!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah we know, Santa Claus is called Joulupukki in Finnish, literally "Christmas Goat"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Chubby Henparty posted:

Most disquieting moment: When the health visitor probed my wife about domestic violence because apparently those early months are when it's most likely to happen :(

I hope she got away with a 6'er :ohdear:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Scientastic posted:

I’m sure that wood burning stoves contribute to horrible particulates in the air and significantly impact air quality, but I’m not convinced they massively impact climate change or hasten the end of the world: for the same reason that planting trees as offsetting for burning coal doesn’t materially make a difference, because it is short term carbon storage (turning CO2 into trees) vs. the transformation of long term carbon storage (fossil fuels turning into CO2).

Trees to firewood to CO2 is just the short term carbon cycle doing its thing, albeit while killing asthmatic children. The thing that is hastening the end of humanity is the movement of carbon from the geological timescale cycle to the short term cycle.

Fake edit: I would like to caveat all this by saying that I still think wood burning stoves are a bad thing.

We can affect the length of that cycle, though. And it sure makes sense to stretch that cycle as much as we can right now. Not saying that wood burning needs to end full stop, but we should use that energy as efficiently as possible. The same goes with peat.

Using wood for construction, furniture etc. is very recommendable for this reason, as long as the wood comes from a sustainable source.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

It worked with the Falklands I spose, worth a shot if you're out of any ideas for making your party electable

Time to make Aden a protectorate again!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The sex arses must flow.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Houthis are doing this in solidarity to Swedish IF Metall union :cheers:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm not sure what Sunak or Biden think they will achieve. Saudi Arabia have been bombing them for 10 years and still lost.

Probably track and destroy their missile stocks and launchers so the ship attacks dwindle. It's not hard to spot and track big missile launchers moving around desert to launch positions and then back to get a reload when you can surveil everything from air and from satellites and have complete air domination. It doesn't mean that Houthis will necessarily lose the capability to attack shipping, but they will need to figure out more covert tactics and spread out their assets and accept losses or just keep heads down for now.

KSA tried to defeat the rebels on ground and to bomb them into oblivion, which is a completely different type of mission and much harder to accomplish. Especially because the Saudi army is so poorly led and motivated, but that would be a hard nut to crack even for the best armies.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

He did nearly once drown for the world's press

He's more of an air elemental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

How are they helping themselves here?

They need an external enemy to justify their rule.