Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

The Tories are less verminous than Starmer's Labour. Amazing to say it, but it's true.

starmer's labour are tories though

it's like the different types of cultist in BLOOD: they're all out to get you, just with slightly different approaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

Yes? So the Starmerites are as bad as Tories but also less honest. You're not disagreeing with me here.

Not at all! I just feel that swapping 'conservatives' for 'tories' is a bit past its sell by date, as there is no real distinction between LAB/CON/LIB except for colour.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Runcible Cat posted:

Palette-swapped tories.

:hmmyes:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Rise of the Triad I believe, one of my favorite games. might have the original box left.

Also Terra Nova. That game ruled.

e: yes I do have the box

:nice:

that'd be worth a bit these days!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Blood is legit one of my favourite games. Knew nothing about it until Blood:Fresh Supply was released and loving hell it's a perfect game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCT80HJWQ2A

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Sex Arse goons

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

eleven extra elephants posted:

Michael Winner's restaurant reviews fall under this umbrella for me.

also the ending of death wish 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyXQp-HzLaE

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

:toot: The govt have rolled back plans to raise the salary threshold for foreign dependants

edit: oh it's still going up to £29k though, which is ridiculous

Convex fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 21, 2023

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Starmer posing white amongst the men in tactical blackface.

🎵 (they did the fash) they did the monster fash
(the monster fash) the whole economy crashed
(they did the fash) the migrants got bashed and smashed
(they did the fash) they did the monster fash 🎵

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 22, 2023

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Labour '24: No Hope is better than False Hope

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

:lol: and :lmao: are the correct responses for anything to do with the UK

also :piss:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:lol: thank you, that's the one I was thinking of :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
not sure if anyone posted this already, but someone recreated 'pages from ceefax'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3MuV1IeDf8

relax with ceefax

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Heads up for tonight:

They've just upgraded the amber warning to cover most of the UK

Re: inheritance stuff, I'm probably going to set up a trust and have the bulk of the money put into that, with the trust paying out for things like medicine costs, scooters and other items. I'm also going to be drawing up a couple of Lasting Powers of Attorney documents to give a close and trusted friend legal permission to look after my finances and make medical decisions for me if I'm ever unable to make them myself, and I'm also drawing up a will to give this person everything when I eventually go. At the moment, my brother is my official next of kin and, due to a lack of will, my current beneficiary, and that didn't feel quite right

sorry for your loss and congratulations on your gains :unsmith:

Mebh posted:

And the UK ends the only way it can. In a giant shower of piss.

:brexit:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

drat that map really does look like someone pissed all over the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Hey so I need a cheap, decent-ish graphics card as my current one seems to be broken. Is there any place you can buy these second hand without getting scammed?

CEX offered a two year warranty when I bought a second hand 1080 so they are probably worth a shot