Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotJustANumber99 posted:

From what I understand the laws around inheritance are very different in France where they dictate fair shares between siblings. Certainly with property.

I might be totally wrong, but that's where my parents live now and it's what they said. Although I wasn't really listening.

Netherlands is the same, you straight up cannot disinherit your children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"It'll mostly kill foreigners" one weird trick to increase support for nuclear power

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CarrKnight posted:

Childminders an option in your area?

I think we just went over child miners a few posts up

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Apraxin posted:

no, he still is - hasn't resigned and is hinting at Dark Forces being responsible for his current troubles

potential for some big/bleak lols if he stands as an independent in the byelection

Whoever defeats him will henceforth be known as the Bonecrusher

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Failed Imagineer posted:

Foundation is also incredible, for anyone who isn't watching. I put it off for a long time because it's different from the original books, but who cares it owns

Skipping two pages to respond to this because Foundation is not a good show. Unless the second season is somehow a massive improvement on the first which I doubt

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Our second was born just under a month ago, happy to do a bit of an effortpost with our experiences later on when I have a proper keyboard available. Generally the second one was much less stressful since you now know how a baby works generally, but the downside is that you also have a toddler to take care of at the same time. Baby 2 is spitting up milk at least once a day though which we aren't used to, as our oldest rarely spit up anything at all. Both were/are exclusively breastfed

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Josef bugman posted:

Quick none war related question, but does anyone know if Admiral is a decent car insurer? I only ask because the one I'm with at the moment has put prices up £150 for no reason and was looking around to see what is best.

We just moved away from Admiral because they put up their price by £150 for no reason :v:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hamish Falconer sounds like a villain from a YA novel

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Perfect Element posted:

Apparently Labour sources have leaked that they are abandoning their £28bn green pledge.

This has actually come as a real shock to me, cos I literally thought they'd abandoned it already.

Nah previously they were just watering it down. Otherwise they wouldn't have anymore policies to uturn on

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Queen was buried 11 days after she died so clearly it can happen faster if you're rich enough

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

smellmycheese posted:

Appropriately enough for poster CrispyX it’s to do with Normans in Ireland

Another piece of the NORMAN saga

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DreddyMatt posted:

You don't have to connect your smart TV to the internet

Some will automatically piggyback on any wifi signal in range, or at least that's what YOSPOS tells me

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey so I need a cheap, decent-ish graphics card as my current one seems to be broken. Is there any place you can buy these second hand without getting scammed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tesseraction posted:

Yes, but do you actually need a 'decent' gaming one or one that'll just not poo poo itself playing youtube?

Some gaming but not 4k ultra graphics or anything