Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I finished the game! I think Ethel and Raphael were the best parts of it.

Where's the best summary of the plot branches so I can see what happens if I do the things I didn't do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's the best build that synergises with the various Illithid powers you can get? Thief, maybe, and hope you get the Illithid powers as a bonus action from the Zaith'isk?

Most of the powers seem aggressively mediocre or detached from the rest of the game mechanics.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Remind me what that is exactly?

Presumably the volley thing

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Hunter

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

rojay posted:

God no. Larian apparently works best when they have some lines within which to color. This is far, far, far away the best game they've made.

You could put it down to that, or you could put it down to Baldur's Gate 3 having a budget many times higher than every other game they've ever made.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

The big thing in the Iron Throne is to not block the ladder with your own guys, that'll gently caress the NPC pathing up good.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

nm I found it

Gort fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 12, 2024

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I think the non-lethal toggle was a design mistake.

It would be better if they flagged any NPC you might want to talk to (IE: Not "goblin raider 6") as "knock-outable" and then whenever you get one of those to 0 HP it takes you to a dialogue screen where you get the choice to capture them or execute them. Pick execute and they die on the spot. Pick capture and they get teleported to your prisoner cage (for enemies) or hospital tent (for non-enemies) in your camp (to make sure they don't get blown up by a stray fireball) and you can talk to them in there.

Speak with dead is a similar situation. Instead of letting me attempt to speak to every corpse (and inevitably forget since most of them can't be spoken to), make it super clear when there's an opportunity to use the spell - an icon over the corpse or whatever.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Talkable corpses glow green as long as you've got speak with dead up.

I'm only going to have speak with dead up when I've used it lately. I'd much prefer for an icon to appear over a speakable corpse if I've got access to speak with dead at all (IE: If I have an item equipped that lets me cast the spell, if I own a scroll of it, or if I have a party member who has access to the spell)

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

wizard2 posted:

rejected being the Jesus of Murder for a third video game, turned into a psychic squid and flew off into the Astral Plane on a dragon with my space elf gf. the rest of my friends seemed happy enough

This was basically my experience except they hadn't patched in the dragon part yet

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Is there any quest timed other than the free the prisoner before she’s executed by Gortash one?

Yeah, there's a bunch. Like the underdark guy who gets crushed, that timed out for me since I long rested once at the wrong time.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I mean, the first time you see Minsc he is breaking out of a mimic with his bare hands and he doesn't seem smart enough to use a sword... so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

It's kind of remarkable how not-particularly-interesting the city of Baldur's Gate is despite this being the third game named after it