Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Alone with the twins today.
Dad was going to come over to help but his car couldn’t make it up the icy driveway and slid off.
Nanny was going to come in to help with the evening shift and then babysit while we finally went with friends to dinner that we’ve pushed off like five times over the last half year. Person in front of her had a chunk of ice fall off and it bounced up and broke her windshield. They kept driving.
Wife left work a little early to help bathe the kids and put them down. Her tire exploded on the interstate.

RIP dry January 1/2/2024-1/17/2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I used to make over 200k but that involved traveling every week, and that doesn’t work when trying to start a family. Sure beat when I was traveling for 20 days at a time making 90ish though.

I’m looking for a new job now though and it does sting seeing salaries at half of what I used to make, but the lifestyle should be much better.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Digital Jedi posted:

Shared this with a few discords and might well share it here.

For those in the US, if you don't know your state may have unclaimed property(mainly money) of yours. https://unclaimed.org/

I've done this a few times over the years. Got about $5k over the years (90% of it was a single item from some stock sale).
Pretty easy to file a claim. And, money is money so worth to check!

Got $200. Thanks!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The Human Centipede at the Birmingham Film Festival circa 2009 was elite

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

My mom and dad are very capable and cognitively 100% as they near 70, yet a couple years ago they got a call from the [county] sheriffs department telling them there was a warrant for her but they’d clear it if they gave him 300$ in gift cards immediately. When she asked for a badge number he started screaming that he was going to put her in jail so she hung up and called me crying and wondering if she was going to jail.

Like, no, and they’d just come arrest you. Also you’re a 68yo middle class white woman who’s never broken the loving law, take a breather. But they’re really good at getting people nervous and desperate.

I normally don’t answer for numbers I don’t have saved, but did this time. Got the fake sheriff bit. I got him with Hugh Jass, Ligma, etc jokes a handful of times over the course of a few phone calls. Surprised he called back after the first one since I pissed him off so much he started yelling lol

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

swickles posted:

Just on Mondays. He has already pissed off centrist liberals by lobbing the mildest of criticisms at Biden (he old). This has been taken by perfectly sane people as an endorsement of Trump and he is doing "both sides" stuff.

I saw the replies to a tweet with the video and yeah the centrists were super mad about it. Disgusting.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Bird in a Blender posted:

I meant we could've kept them as supplemental power. Yea powering an entire container ship with sails doesn't really work, but if you throw a sail on there and reduce energy usage by 10-20%, why wouldn't we want to do that? What's the downside to sticking a sail on a container ship?

Have you seen a loaded container ship? Where the hell are you gonna put them? How insanely tall are they going to have to be?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Checking in as the guy who goes skiing fairly regularly (1-2 weeks/yr for a southerner) who has never been injured skiing. It’s been years since I fell. My in-laws have a place in Silverthorne so we mostly do Copper, Keystone, and Breckenridge when it hits the pass. Leaving for a trip out there later today. We might check out Loveland pass if it’s gotten enough snow. I hit 58mph last trip. Maybe I can beat that this time.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Bird in a Blender posted:

I learned how to ski in high school and I did mostly fine, no serious injuries ever. I only ever skied in Wisconsin though. I would go 2-3 times a year, but about 10 years ago I stopped going. Mostly it was because I didn't have any friends that liked to go skiing, so there wasn't much of a reason to go. Now I'm afraid of how bad I would be if I took it up again.

I took a not quite as long but close break during/after undergrad. Picked it right back up like it was nothing.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Shinji2015 posted:

loving incredible.

Apparently there is a stipulation that you had to be selling bread as a stand-alone item prior to September of last year to qualify for the exemption, but I'm sure what "bread" is going to horribly defined and fast food chains are going to be arguing what counts as bread in court for the next several years.

Pizza chains are going to argue breadsticks count, just you watch

Love to add in loopholes that defeat the purpose.

Also breadsticks are absolutely bread. They’re like 80% bread 20% butter

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Looks familiar… Is that the new Bergman bowl at keystone?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah that’s copper bowl.

Ah. I jumped in around where the guy in the yellow is a handful of days ago. This trip was copper, Loveland, then keystone 2x. It was my first time at Loveland which was great. Independent, so you have to buy lift tickets but they aren’t bad if you get a four pack when they first come out. Food and drinks are (relatively) super cheap there. Free parking and shuttles. The lots were pretty much full on a Saturday and it still didn’t feel too busy.
I hit my top speed of the season on my last day, which is nice. Only got one real shot at it but hit 62mph off of the Ruby lift at Keystone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

I haven’t gotten political texts in awhile, since I double pigpoopballsed don jr or somebody

Tell me the secrets to pigpoopbalsing because I get at least a dozen a week (mostly dems)