Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bobjr posted:

Hey Arnold holds up surprisingly well too, granted I had no idea it was supposed to be around Seattle and thought it was in New York instead

when they said that they were lying. they were straight up telling untruth. Seattle does not name schools P.S. 118, they don't have brownstone row houses, they don't have a subway. they don't have The Brooklyn Bridge. that poo poo is set in Brooklyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Do you people keep your phones shoved up your rear end at all times, who the gently caress ever just notices vibration without sound

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i see, so you're all apple watch freaks...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kobe Teeth's I Love This Bar & Grill Has Closed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Who else did it involve?

The squirrel who dropped the acorn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Also Jack Black is claptrap? Jack Black is fine and all but….why not just use the VA for claptrap???

the original VA for Claptrap was just like, a community manager who worked at Gearbox and like a year before Borderlands 3 came out he had a massive falling-out with Randy Pitchford and was fired from the company lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'm slightly less mean on Borderlands' story then most, but they put out 6 posters, for Roland, Lilith, Claptrap, Tiny Tina, Stanis and Krieg.

Add in Kevin Hart playing Roland and you're looking at a movie that's looking to be Cate Blanchett carting around 5 different comic relief characters.... I just can't see this working out.

and remember that it was directed by Eli Roth before it went through like 3 years of reshoots lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nalt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I think it's easier to draw a child as intimidating than it is to make an actual child intimidating.

Yeah you can just do what they did on the show and just draw them like 20 year olds lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sokka's actor is a white kid who lied about having Cherokee heritage to get the role lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

have you heard of a little game called Nioh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I gotta remember that the cocktails at most fancy places are meh. Food was great at leaat!

Thats why you gotta order basic cocktails off menu, if the bartender cant make a decent manhattan they arent gonna be making a decent anything else

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mission Hill originally aired on WB lol

and the version on youtube is hosed because it has most of the music ripped out and replaced awkwardly

you need to scour the russian piracy bbs' to find the version of Mission Hill that someone painstakingly re-edited the audio of the DVD release of to put the original music back in and includes animatics for 2 unfinished episodes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Tokyo Vice is so loving bad

its based on that book written by that Jake Adelstein guy who lied big style, mega obviously about absolutely everything he did and saw in japan lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm pretty sure this is speculation. The whole thing is he described his experiences without his exact names/places/dates with the actual Yakuza because he'd be dead as hell if he named actual names. So he wrote a story similar to what happened but not specific.

Now, if the original experiences actually happened has been questioned a lot but correct me if I'm wrong he's never been outed as a fraud for sure.

But he's a Missouri Tiger so I have my doubts.

You can tell everything he wrote is unbelievably fake if you have eyes and a functioning brain, op

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

one time i put The Firm on HBO Max to fall asleep to because i assumed it was a relatively sedate legal thriller and i did manage to fall asleep during it but i was half-woken up a few times by loud explosions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I care about bad things happening to the royal family and will consume as much info about that as possible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

Made some vegan corned beef using both frozen semi-firm tofu & regular refrigerated extra-firm tofu. Purple potatoes & carrots were from the farmers market, and the cabbage came from a coleslaw package I had left over. I did use one beet to "color" the water but I wasn't happy with the results so I added red food coloring... which still didn't do much.

Unfortunately I ran out of time to eat this so the entire batch I made will be delegated to meal prep for the week.

Going vegan for Lent was a poor decision on my part.

Bro the whole point of the Feast of St. Patrick is that Lent restrictions are lifted for a day lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

saintonan posted:

Edge runs on the Chromium engine, it'll have the same behavior.

every browser except Safari and Firefox are Chromium lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Now it’s Opera’s Time to shine!

Opera is also Chrome lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should watch Mushishi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

Delicious in Dungeon

hey gently caress you man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

New Road House was pretty bad. Like, sure Connor McGregor sucks, the actual fight scenes are a little lacking, it falls apart in the 3rd act, literally none of the side characters matter in any capacity, but Jake Gyllenhaal’s got plenty of charisma and the first half is okay. It’d be a halfway acceptable straight to DVD drunk movie, the biggest issue is it’s saddled with being the purported heir to an all timer, and for no discernible reason! Discard the name or pretend it’s Road House 3 and it’d be reasonable, but the pretense of being akin to the original is nothing but a setup for failure. Biggest personal gripe, this Dalton iteration supposedly being from Missoula is entirely the wrong vibe, he’s nowhere near hippie enough for that, way more a Butte kinda guy, Great Falls if I’m being generous. Overall review, goddamn whatever I watched the thing and survived, but rewatching the original probably would’ve been more rewarding even if I know it beat for beat

i saw a commercial for it in the multi-box on youtubetv while watching march madness and they showed a scene where he's beating up a group of guys just using open-hand slaps and they looked like, absurdly bad?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THEY'RE SENDING THEIR TALLEST, WHITEST MEXICANS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1774580799720861849

imagine being a texas senator and posting this poo poo

*james darnell voice*

what da helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I went to public school in new jersey and i dont remember taking that poo poo at all

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he should get that thing rebadged and turn it back into the Isuzu Faster it was born as

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Is Luck of the Fryish the one with the Pizzacato 5 song

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I knew it was one of the Emotional Futurama Eps

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh The Simpsons episode where Grandpa has a girlfriend who dies is on and that's a really early episode that hits me in the feels when the end comes.

the Simpsons got all their emotional episodes out of the way in season 2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Making me realize I never remember any of them because I never watch episodes prior to season 3.

season 2 was the only season of the simpsons we owned on DVD for most of when i was growing up so i watched those episodes a lot and most of them are still some of my favorite simpsons episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyTiT2rYgI

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, there’s a few old folk or blues songs where the original is semi obscure and there’s usually a far more famous rock version, such as Thin Lizzy’s version of Whiskey in the Jar, Van Halen’s cover of Ice Cream Man, or probably the most famous version of Crossroads being the one by Cream, to the point a lot of people don’t know it’s a cover.

the gently caress are you talking about, the most famous version of Crossroads is by Bone Thugs :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm watching Virtuosity since it's on TV.

I love this ridiculous movie.

hand me the crowd pleaser out the back

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's being shot with a strong anamorphic lens that blurs and distorts everything on the edge of the frame. There's also a vignetting effect being applied. But the worst part is the awful film grain that looks like total poo poo on any large 4K screen. If you're watching on like a 60" screen or smaller you probably won't notice the grain so much, but it looks absolutely atrocious on anything over 70".

oh no i feel so bad for you, watching on your 70" 4k tv lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

They all came from Ohio. And Jersey.

Also it’s tourist season.

lol you wish, you southern mfers all short as hell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the average height in an Alabama frat is 5' 8"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nice to see Paul Bearer is still getting work.

(Checks internet)

Oh he died in 2013.

he probably looks better right now than Mike Lindell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

So are the leafs like the Yankees of the NHL? I’ve caught their last two games. Just need to know who not to root for. I found myself rooting against the Bruins hard.

I know it’s the playoffs but the action is unrelenting. I love it.

We’ve got the Hurricanes in Raleigh that are relatively close by, so I could even settle into a regional fandom.

More the Cubs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hockey teams south of the Mason-Dixon should have their offices firebombed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kill that guy immediately