Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Once again reminded that GSW's 1st-rounder this year (top-4 protected) goes to Portland via the Holliday trade, which is even sweeter after that bullshit Toradol stunt the Warriors tried to pull after getting GP2 back. That could wind up a top-ten pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

quote:

DRAYMOND: I just can't anymore...so many obligations - basketball dribbler, podcaster, multi-millionaire, conscious and sentient being existing in this reality - it's all too much for this prison of the flesh. I must relinquish my authority
SILVER [dropping to knees in supplication]: Dray you can't. This game we love, the passion that keeps the blood surging through our hearts...it's bigger than any podcast or flagrant 2. You can't give up now
DRAYMOND: ...and if some Euros should be hospitalized? Or rendered comatose? (a startled dove bursts into flight, ivory wings captured in glorious slo-mo) What then, commissioner Silver? What price too dear, what sacrifice too desperate?
SILVER: Well,

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

quote:

Both LA teams finish the regular season outside the top six in the West.
tbf did not see Kawhi and PG missing six games total between em as we near the halfway mark

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Editors Are Going Crazy Over This One Weird Trick You Can Use To Turn Any Sentence Into A Important And Fancy Headline

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Crazy stat I just read: Luka Dončić has assisted on 42.2 percent of his teammates’ made baskets? I have zero basis for comparison but that seems maybe historically high? dang

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Long gone are the halcyon days when we could rely on our civic-minded sports journalists to defuse these misunderstandings professionally and in the traditionally accepted fashion

2004 posted:

Portland Trail Blazer point guard Damon Stoudamire took a drug test for a Portland newspaper columnist on Friday in an attempt to clear his name, the Oregonian reported Sunday.

As Coach Maurice Cheeks held open the bathroom door, Stoudamire urinated in a cup, fulfilling an agreement he made five months ago with Oregonian columnist John Canzano.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
loving incredible, and to be completely honest makes me like him as much as you can possibly like someone you fundamentally dislike. How can you not respect at some level.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

soggybagel posted:

Its my daily "the refs are not fair to my precious and poor timberwolves."

https://x.com/Timberwolves/status/1752172900361138434?s=20

No foul called.
OK but those T-Wolves announcers were hilarious moaning about it like Ant got mauled or raked in the face or something, it wasn't that bad

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Thanks "Brett" but I get my intel from real insiders like Pingalore, guys with two fingers firmly on the pulse of an organization

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
As terrific as the Thunder have drafted these last few years, obligatory check-in on those picks they got back from Houston for Şengün

quote:

The pick from the Pistons was top 16 protected in 2022 and top 18 protected in 2023, so it hasn't yet been conveyed. If it's not conveyed in 2024 (top 18 protected), 2025 (top 13 protected), 2026 (top 11 protected) or 2027 (top nine protected), it will turn into a 2027 second-round pick.
The pick from the Wizards was top 14 protected in 2023. It also didn't convey. If it's not conveyed in 2024 (top 12 protected), 2025 (top 10 protected) or 2026 (top eight protected), it will turn into second round picks in 2026 and 2027.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Metapod posted:

They used those picks to ensure they got jalen Williams and Ousmane Dieng the next draft. I'd say it worked out for everyone
I thought Jalen was one of the Clippers picks from the SGA/PG trade. Wonder where Dieng/Şengün stacks up in the rankings of all-time what ifs tho, sec lemme get House's .02

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
𝓐 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓯 𝓼𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓼
𝓣𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓵𝓪𝓹
𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I thought about throwing together a trade deadline quiz/survey but honestly it seems like this will be a pretty quiet week?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

WhyteRyce posted:

Big name moves kind of happened earlier

Also apron worries
Yeah, that plus the Embiid/Lavine injuries. It seems like a lot of the league falls into two buckets

1) We are good enough and playing well enough right now to feasibly make a deep playoff run if things break right, so why gently caress w that
2) There is no move that would reliably put us into Group 1, and limited incentive to do anything now vs this summer

E: Additional factors: purportedly weak draft, top 4 lottery slots already effectively out of reach, uncertainty re how new cap structure and second apron will impact things

rivetz fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 6, 2024

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Begun the Olynyk Wars have

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Sometimes it's like the headlines just write themselves

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Really Good Deal for a guy whose game seems likely to age well and is a pretty important piece for them on and off the court, espec with their salary crunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

big boi posted:

"Getting it right, no matter what" is a decadent fetish at best, deceptive cant at worst.