Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Tromph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Jimlit posted:

Honestly though gently caress joe biden. The way he handled Palestine / Isreal definitely cost him my vote and a number of other straight ticket democrats in my circle. You can ignore it or call out CSPAM all you want but the hemorrhaging is real.

:ok:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Serious_Cyclone posted:

"And I posted and I will continue to post until such time as" is SA worthy

It reads like the dude suing SA who keeps registering and getting banned.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

kazil posted:

That Trump Truth about Alina is fake

Well it really speaks to the state of things that I would believe it is real!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

tek79 posted:

What sorts of people are they? Are they full-on MAGA cultists just astroturfing or are they more sane/left and just want Biden nailed on his support for Israel? I think the latter can be reasoned with. Maybe.

I don’t talk politics outside SA or close friends/family, but it’s funny seeing deranged CSPAM leftists say stuff like “Me and everyone I know will never vote Biden after [issue]!” As though their 5 votes in NYC or Tacoma or whatever will bring down his vile centrism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Trump rose by just saying all the quiet parts out loud. Elon certainly believes all those things but he would just stand in front of a crowd and be like “We….uh…there’s a fundamental need to…..to increase our uh…space, to have the resources at magnitudes of order…uh, larger”.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

emSparkly posted:

If Elon could run for president the main worry I’d have is that he’d be able to straight up buy his way to victory, and even then idk how likely that is. He doesn’t have the savvy business man mythos behind him like trump did and lord knows he can’t lay down instantly attention grabbing bullshit like Don can. The boomers would look at him and think he’s a dumb millennial with a stupid voice. Instant loser with the voting public.

Yeah, it worked so well for Bloomberg.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

staberind posted:

Thats honestly a good question because the whole "they win" paradigm has shifted a bit since we were loving about online back then, here, the only blocked person I have on SA is Lowtax as I managed to slip that in entirely by accident, and because I am a weirdo, I've not touched my block list since. on discord and practically everywhere else, I have zero patience, and have large blocklists. its probably more the internet(/people on it) in the 2000's and now are/is just massivly different and comparison is almost meaningless. now we have scripts on say, twitter, that autoblock blue checks.
E: land of contrasts, etc.
likesay: :10bux: to learn from actual smart people & argue with idiots, occasionally the opposite.
best deal ever.

SA block list is pointless because there’s always some dumbass who takes the bait and quotes their post so I see it anyway.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

SA block list is pointless until you're that one goon that blocked so many people that it caused the forums to crash.

Was that the same issue as the “load bearing slur” or am I mixing up SA lore?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

LordSloth posted:

That reminds of Kaitlin Bennet aka gun girl aka poop girl.
What has she been up to lately? Wait, I don’t care.

If I remember circa 2021~ she got married and started trying to get off the grift train. But poop leaves a deep stain.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Seriously, if you honest to god think the election was rigged and the presidency stolen, what the hell are you doing participating in another election? It's time to actually have an insurrection! But they didn't... right? They say they weren't really trying to be insurgents, because they thought the election was stolen, oh hang on a sec...

I mean it’s the same with Christianity, which is deeply tied with this poo poo. I grew up in the Bible Belt and the amount of people who outwardly admitted they had never read the Bible blew my mind.

If you believed in God, and there was one book that was his direct words, why would you do anything but study it with every moment of your waking life?

The answer is because they don’t believe any of that it’s just a convenient identity to orient themselves around.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

There are somehow two furry avatar posters arguing about derails (one about sneakers and something about the Civil Ware era Supreme Court?) in this thread.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

People who go to Trump rallies aren't CHUDs, they just really love the convention halls and political discourse.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

All the hipster bars in Williamsburg are going to be feeling the financial pinch from this boycott! :colbert:

I was just in a hip coffee shop in downtown NYC, and I heard a bunch of liberals whispering into their lattes about how they think Trump is right and they will be boycotting the city soon.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Buce posted:

i'm getting reports that nyc looks exactly like the division right now. the conservative truckers have won.

The only survivors are those who have been using exclusively Trump bucks as a central currency system.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Was behind a Jeep today that had US MARINE CORPS stickers all over the back, and under the banner one across the top was just this evil fanged horror skull. Not a Punisher logo or anything like that, just straight up the kind of thing you would have as your logo if the one and only message you wanted to project to the world is "we are the baddies, bow down to us and Lord Dominator"

Those people live by that quote from True Detective S1 when Rust says, “The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door”.

In their minds, because they are righteous, the ends always justify the means. They can do all the evil stuff they accuse The Other of doing because they are on right side.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

On the Trump debt thing, didn’t someone say he would have to file for personal bankruptcy? He’s filed for bankruptcies on his businesses over and over, but that’s just a business play. Filing for personal bankruptcy, something he has never done, would be admitting he himself is penniless.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Let's put this generation argument to bed: [Decade I grew up and was young and carefree and the world was ahead of me and seemed less frightening] was objectively the best time period.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

I think KS has been drifting purple based on past results

I also think the GOP so utterly poo poo the bed in that state for a decade that people are pissed.

As a lifelong midwesterner, Kansas and Missouri have this weird dichotomy where they will often vote in absolutely monstrous leadership (Brownback, Hawley) with enthusiasm and then do referendums to strike down GOP policies like Right to Work and and vote for legal weed and abortion.

It’s such a strange thing to see happen when states say “we love the GOP but will actively rally against many of their staunchest policies”.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Every time Jon Hamm isn’t on the screen, people should be asking “where’s the remorse for being accused of setting a person on fire in the 90s?”

“In the 90s Yorkshire Pudding allegedly once put an unlit Black Cat (tm) firecracker down the back of someone’s hoodie and pretended like it was lit, and that person then freaked out and tried to quickly pull their hoodie off but it got stuck on their head and they tripped over a bag of mulch laying nearby and broke their glasses and their mom was really mad they had to buy new glasses. But nearly 25 years on, they seem to show no remorse”

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Anything is better than people posting polls and talking about that for 3 pages.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I have it on very good (S)Authority that Biden is going to lose the election because he didn’t do enough, or not do something, about I/P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Well yeah, he thinks Michael Scott is the hero of the story

I think he is more of a Robert California guy.