Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol kind of unrelated but after the last presidential election I kept drunkenly calling up the trump fraud hotline to report that I saw Gritty running down broad street with a box of ballets and after a bunch of calls some worker burst into tears and just yelled "I'm trying to save America" into the phone

I did upload goatse as photographic proof of voting fraud on one of their websites. Pretty sure I posted about it ITT or the previous iteration even.

E: gently caress that's the new thread so definitely one of the previous ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My feet aren't hosed up at all, which is how I can tell that flip lops are horrible. Just wear real shoes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

We keep losing our majority bit by bit and this is somehow causing a negative impact on our speaker's ability to control outcomes?

But what if we elect (after 50 votes) an even bigger loser and extremist to the role?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SRQ posted:

but 1998 edgy is still topical and cutting comedy right

If that's the last time you watched the show yeah

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

:siren: Mod challenge time :siren:

Person who guesses closest without going over Trump's fine for his NYC civil trial with the RACIST IG Letitia James gets a gift cert.

People who is closest while going over gets a special one-of-a-kind handmade 6er image courtesy of me.

$420 million

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Noooo

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

No loving way loooooooooooool

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's what I'd do if I had a million dollars

e:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 11, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

Yeah, that's been the thing, there's no real point in Dooming; everything in the whole complex system has been punched around so much that it's in a state of irresistible-force flux.
Trump should be at 0% after everything that's happened. That he's not is extremely concerning.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol: big brained MAGA

Ahhaha how does this loving guy manage to keep breathing

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

Beating the Dems, sure, but how did he get nominated?

Behind the Bastards had a few episodes on him fairly recently, and if I remember it right, he had good credentials (Harvard, lawyer, veteran) and was pretty good at playing the game it seems, and also much less (visibly) insane before Trump.

There's a transcript here that I tried to quickly scan but I dunno if it's computer generated or something becasue it's a bit difficult to follow, but you can also listen to it:
https://podscripts.co/podcasts/behind-the-bastards/part-one-ron-desantis-florida-man?scroll_to_words=desantis

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimlit posted:

Honestly though gently caress joe biden. The way he handled Palestine / Isreal definitely cost him my vote and a number of other straight ticket democrats in my circle. You can ignore it or call out CSPAM all you want but the hemorrhaging is real.

Good job, Trump will definitely protect the Palestinian people :thumbsup:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oh hi I'm a survivor too!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

lawyer bad

Holy poo poo she's a terrible lawyer

E:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I guess it's relevant to the amount of damages one should receive. If there were a lot of death threats you should get more damages
Wouldn't gmail likely retain some information even if she "deleted" the emails from her inbox?

If she was told to retain evidence and deleted it then than's pretty bad but if they just need this information it can probably still be found.

Also ,

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This is stuff she deleted before there was ever even a trial
Ok then that's not really a problem and trump ranting about deleted evidence is, as always, way off the mark

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kdrudy posted:

With a hog like that? No way.

There's president precedent

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

rotinaj posted:

Meh, I used to like RC Cola before it got all trendy

Now I only drink vintage cans of OK Cola

Have you tried the Royal Crown cola?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Is this the one where Habba befriended the victim and convinced her to take a really lovely deal?

Yes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So that's correct but not the entire outcome - the motion was denied in part and granted in part.

https://bsky.app/profile/kenwhite.bsky.social/post/3kjbjzyrwrs2n

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I acknowledge this is a stupid question an idiot would ask, but please be gentle.

Why would Johnson get removed over this? Yes, I'm sure he wants it to pass, but wouldn't enough Republicans also vote for it to render the HFC's tantrum irrelevant?

I think if the dems decide to vote against him, the HFC crazies would be sufficient to kick him out. But unless I missed something, the dems should be pretty ok with this version so they probably won't do it, even though it'd be pretty funny.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

Oof, this vote is splitting Republican votes hard. Johnson might actually not be safe

Cool I hope the dems do the funny thing

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dementropy posted:

I know the Trump brigade has been glomming onto this, but I need some help from the legal folks in this thread.

1. How was this leaked in the first place if it's been under seal?
2. How does this have any bearing on Trump's innocence or guilt?
3. (And this is not a question) - I really hate the recently passed legislation to challenge and remove prosecutors in GA.
4. If she or he is removed, does their discovery evidence still remain for the second string to build upon?

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/1748120424993407019

IANAL but

1. No idea, maybe some chud leaked it or knew about the affair and they dug up some info
2. It doesn't
4. I think so, it doesn't seem like the case can get dismissed over this or even result in a mistrial, the DA and prosecutor just get replaced. Possibly with chuds.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blurred posted:

You're not going to get absolved of a crime just because your prosecutor potentially committed a crime as well. If the prosecutor is unfit to take the case to trial, then it just gets handed over to another prosecutor. For this gambit to work, they'd have to demonstrate that they're only being charged with a crime because the DA's office is corrupt, but I think the evidence against them is rather more robust than that. You can get the prosecutor thrown off the case, you might even be able to get the current case dismissed, but I don't think that would be enough to prevent the case from being litigated at all by a different prosecutor.

And I'm not sure there's anything illegal that's taken place here anyway, even assuming the allegations are accurate. It's bullshit that this kind of nepotism can go on, and it should rightly lead us to the conclusion that the world is run by self-serving assholes on behalf of self-serving assholes, but I don't think there are any laws about having a relationship with someone you work with, or giving a plum job to someone you're in a relationship with (even if there should be) so I'm not sure why this should have any legal bearing on this case. I think propriety demands they step down if the allegations are true, but I don't think there's any world in which it means that the case might get thrown out.

This would be a pretty clear violation of

quote:

Officers and employees shall avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest. An appearance of a conflict of interest exists when a reasonable person would conclude from the surrounding circumstances that the ability of the officer or employee to protect the public interest or impartially perform a public duty is compromised by financial or personal interests in the matter or transaction. The appearance of a conflict of interest can exist even in the absence of an actual conflict of interest, which exists whenever the officer or employee knows or should know that he or she has an interest that may be affected by his or her official acts or actions.

No officer or employee shall by his or her conduct give reasonable basis for the impression that any person can improperly influence him or her, or unduly enjoy his or her favor, in the performance of any official acts or actions.

The concern from internet lawyers seem to be that if Wade and Willis are removed from the case, it could be assigned to some chuds or just a team not experienced with RICO cases and they'd blow it either deliberately or through incompetence.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

that is not the best case scenario at all, and it is not at all a foregone conclusion that the case is hosed or delayed.

even in the case that the allegations prove completely true and willis is dirty (wouldn't surprise me), there's a critical unanswered question there: the gently caress does this have to do with the case at hand?

habba has broken every rule known to lawyerkind and is still up there arguing unrelated cases like nothing's happened while the wheels of justice move slowly. why is it such a foregone conclusion that everything willis has touched is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED because she's loving a co-worker? what does it have to do with trump, directly? what does it have to do with the charges? the reasoning for removing someone from a case has to go to the case itself or it's just an internal disciplinary problem. if i've missed something that's fine, tell me that and i will apologize, but i will absolutely call out dumb doomerbrains for assuming that justice is swift and sure when it favors trump, but slow and ponderous when it works against him. that's loving ridiculous.
What it has to do with the case at hand is that Willis and her fuckbuddy are the prosecution team on this very case. If they are removed from the case for the corruption (which isn't guaranteed I suppose, but a possibility), they'd have to be replaced. Which will cause delays and may result in some chuds taking over. The case isn't dooooooooooomed but it's a huge risk and an unforced fuckup.

It doesn't mean that Trump is suddenly not guilty. But if the prosecution fucks up their case, even a super-guilty rear end in a top hat can walk free. See also: OJ.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kw0134 posted:

The basic problem with "what if" on the bombings of Nagasaki/Hiroshima is that the alternative was either massive American casualties on the proposed invasion of Honshu, or massive Japanese casualties (we're talking millions) with a tightened blockade and bombing of food transports that would have ensured famine. There's no universe that sees both a political ending of the war that would have been acceptable to the Allies at the time, to the Japanese high command, nor would the continuance of a conventional war suddenly stop resulting in more civilian deaths. This also completely downplays that Japanese forces in occupied lands weren't exactly holding Sunday picnics with the locals, and prolonging the war also prolongs their suffering as well. Real world politics isn't always Manichean black and white to every choice, people think every decision is some Bioware dialog option or something.
Speaking of "what if", they probably would've surrendered anyway. The nukes weren't even the worst thing that was happening to Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCYcgOnWUM

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Logic Probed posted:

I don't remember if it was Venezuela or not, but I do remember some SA country making a super-prison for the mass amount of gang members in the country and basically placing them there, forcibly if needed. From the footage, it would be a GOPers wet dream with the amount of human rights abuses the guys suffer in there, clearly taking inspiration from places such as Guantanamo Bay. Of course, the citizens were all for it, because these were excessively violent criminals that effectively ran the country until then.

Somehow, I doubt that country would want to create a diplomatic incident by dumping said prisoners into another country, especially one with the means and motive to pull some retaliation down the line!

El Salvador

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Froghammer posted:

We have the largest military on the planet, an unfathomable amount of soft power, and routinely sell Israel guns. There are a million things he could be doing.

You want Biden to invade Israel?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok, write it in under russia then

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

If I were Biden I would simply diplomacy and solve the porblem: no death and everyone gets along

Do you have a nepo baby son in law you could assign to the problem though?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Uh-oh someone's going to be very mad!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Yeah this is why I was calling out the "six million" claim yesterday. Like I mean come on, you're talking a Los Angeles size city moving into the US over the past three years? This doesn't even pass the sniff test and nobody's pushing back on it. I'd thought the immigration numbers were on the order of like 40K/year
Six million is almost certainly bullshit but lol 40k isn't even the same order of magnitude

I would only fly private too if I could, tbh.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Way to announce that you'd be a piece of poo poo if you weren't too poor, I guess
Yeah absolutely would be :colbert:

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah, but you'd be sharing that plane with Ron Desantis.
OK maybe not at this cost :barf:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TVs Ian posted:

Wow, that note on the chart. Basically, 2021 is the highest ever because they’re including additional things that didn’t used to be part of the total.
The more detailed chat here shows the increasing trend starting before this change

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/01/13/monthly-encounters-with-migrants-at-u-s-mexico-border-remain-near-record-highs/

The "additional things" are expulsions, which seem to only decline as a % of the total over time:

68% of 206k is 140k in one month or 1.6 million per year. Of course these are the ones that are caught. So it might be possible that only like 2% actually make it through but I kind of doubt it.

CommieGIR posted:

Again, its important to keep in context - while a large portion may be seeking citizenship, another large portion just makes up seasonal workers who used to come up on migrant visas.

Would probably need some sort of net migration number for that here but I doubt everyone is just going to walk back to Honduras or Venezuela after harvest.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:suspense:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NoiseAnnoys posted:

depends, german-style european-ness sucks.

German-style is the only true european-ness and is clearly superior

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

A lot of those are used by the Department of Defense for things.
I'm not seeing an issue

kazil posted:

https://ak2.rmbl.ws/s8/2/D/b/P/w/DbPwp.caa.mp4?b=1&u=ummtf

A minute long rant about the E Jean Carroll trial. Closing arguments are today, and deliberation. There's a good chance it wraps up today. I hope they clear his rear end out.

can you introduce new evidence before closing arguments?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nocheez posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a defense attorney get so much leverage and continue to push the boundaries. The prosecution really doesn't want to lose any appeals that will surely follow this.

There's no prosecution, it's a civil defamation trial

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Taeke posted:

lmao my first thread title

Sorry to burst your bubble but isn't it Carroll's attorney's title

Three Olives posted:

Can they not just award a billion dollars? Like, if the courts decide that that is too much, it doesn't mean the judgement is thrown out or there is a new trial, it just means the judge uses their own discretion to reduce the award, right?

Why not just say a billion and let the judge figure out what the absolute maximum they can take from him is?

You should ask this guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

didnt they make a video with the rick and morty characters of some dude talking poo poo to a judge and getting like 20 years for contempt?

yes it's incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0