Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just named my ship SES Founding Father of Family Values.

I'm doing my part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is there a way to quickly switch between weapons using the mouse scroll wheel or am I just a stupid recruit?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is the game still hosed? I managed to get into the game and it loaded but when I access the galaxy map, literally no one is available to join up with. There's no one on any fuckin planets. What a POS.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So how do I unlock Strategem Hero on my ship?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Awesome. If they're adding 8-player action like I hear as well, this is gonna be a loving awesome game for years to come.

Why stop at 8? Let's Klendathu the poo poo out of the Termanids.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Re: Arc Thrower, anyone want to throw some hot tips my way? I've been running with it for the last few days and some things about it confuse me.

Primarily how sometimes, evern when I have full charge and I let go of the trigger the gun will just spark but wont throw any electricity out. I thought this was maybe because I didn't have a target lined up but this doesn't seem to always be the case.

Also, what is the technique to get rapid fire shots off with it? I saw that if you full charge and then release the next 2-3 can be fired at about 60%-70% charge and they'll come out as if they've been charged to 100%. Is there an exact number?

The gun is fun and has taken up permanent position as my goto secondary weapon I just don't fully understand the ins and outs of it like I want to.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

The arc will try to seek the center of the target you're pointing at, and if there is anything in the way like a small box or rock or something then the arc won't connect and will just spark like that.

You can still aim at weak points and it will do weak point damage, but it's not as reliable as a straight fire weapon.

It seems like only the first shot is slow, every subsequent shot that is taken charges quickly, which is very nice with its bottomless magazine.

The Arc thrower will do a flat amount of damage to the first target and then has a "bank" of damage that it will use to leap to additional targets, dealing damage up to the amount it takes to kill them, and arcing the overflow to another target until the bank is exhausted. Hitting tiny things like roaches means you can Arc up to five targets like this. The weapon is always capable of bouncing to at least one extra target past whatever you aimed at.

One strong benefit is that as the arc travels through several targets like automatons it will cause the entire group to either stagger or take suppression, causing their accuracy to dip. The weapon seems to deal damage regardless of armor, though killing a hulk or charger will take a long time and many hits.

Some testing: bounced arcs (ie: arcing from #1 to #2) don't seem to reach further than the distance from you to the first target, and will bounce up to 90° left or right. This can cause the arc to go around corners but if any particular jump is interrupted by a line of sight blocker then the attack will stop there.

However if you are quite far from your primary target the arc can on occasion go very, very far to the second. Lastly, the weapon can graphically appear to fire at extremely distant targets even though the connection isn't actually made and no damage is done.

Thanks for this electrifying effort post on the Arc Thrower :byoscience:

Do you know if Arc shots on Hulks cause any stagger or suppression? If I'm not mistaken they're the class of big Bot that don't suffer from those effects, right? I run Suicides and it doesn't seem to do much to them and I wondered if this is due to missing weak point shots.

Also, I've noticed shots seem to be more on target to specific weak points when aimed down the sights, is this the actual case?

And I find it hard to predict or prevent arcs from bouncing towards teammates. But now knowing bounces can happen at 90 degree angels I guess it's simply a matter of avoiding using the Thrower when a teammate is ahead of me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Are we the baddies?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looks like I had to fork over another 15 bucks to democracy to unlock the Cutting Edge equipment.

I can see this becoming a trend where eventually I'll have paid for the game a few times over and ya know what? I think I'm ok with it.

Liberty isn't free, it costs folks like you and me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thats cus Bots shoot back. A LOT.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Durzel posted:

Did anyone else find themselves back in tutorial mode when they played today?

I wasn’t thrown into the tutorial, but I’m getting tips on basically everything including advice on changing weapons when they run out of ammo. It’s getting quite annoying to be honest and can’t see any obvious way of turning it off.

Super Earth is trying to tell you something.

:getgud:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cimber posted:

I have come to the conclusion that the AX/AR-23 Guard Dog drone sucks rear end and should not be purchased.

There are no bad Guard Dogs, just bad Helldivers.
Both Guard Dogs are good bois.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This thread has opened my eyes to the EAT17. Thank you. Bless democracy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ah, so that's what the loading screen tip really means when it says the longer the mission goes the more enemies might appear.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I recently discovered two movement-related things that I didn't know about that maybe other goons aren't aware of but probably are.

You can do a neat little crouch slide if you press crouch as you're running. This is handy when you want to duck into cover against bots.

Also I bound Sprint and Climb together on the keyboard so I can immediately climb up scalable obstacles after running into them if able. Seems to work well and is pretty helpful.

edit: No Goon Squad gang tag for me? That sucks. :negative:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dyz posted:

Be careful if you want to use the jetpack, climb is the button that activates it.

Also you can do that sliding crouch right into an AC reload too.

Oh poo poo, I never use the Jetpack and just assumed activating it would be the same key bound to backpack. Good to know.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jokes posted:

Laser Drone is good because it can, other than slice my head off, tell me what direction the closest bugs are so I can launch a thousand bullets in that general direction

It also very perfectly aims for a charger's head which is cute. It's trying~! :3:

Ya, laserdog is great at telling me where the closest target is as it melts a hole through my head at the same time. Good boy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there a goon discord for single goon divers looking for fellow liberty lovers in their area?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I just had a game where a shrieker flew down, picked up an explosive barrel and then threw it at me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arrowhead please fix the Exo so I don't need to perfectly line up the target directly along the horizon line to land a shot from the rocket pod. Thanks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hope this means more divers will be bringing more EAT17s this weekend.

Don't forget your ABCDEFGH's!

Always Be Calling Down EATs For Goony Helldivers

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

Inerrant Justice, Killing, Liberty. Mighty National Operatives Provide Quick Reinforcement Strategems Toward Unwavering Violent Wild Xenoforms. Youthful Zealotry!

:patriot:

We need a salute emote holding a Super Earth flag.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Qubee posted:

I sure wish there was a vote system for public games when it comes to kicking people. I love committing 20 minutes of my time to a round only to get kicked for no discernible reason :)

Any tips on using the railgun? I turned myself into a pink mist when I switched off the safety function, so now I just keep it on safe mode. Can someone give a quick crash course on locations to aim for:

- Bile spewers
- Chargers
- Titans

To kill em dead quick

First of all, turn off safe mode.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just undo the exo rocket changes, the new exo sucks and it was easy to work around its previous problem :qq:

I feel like the problems they're having with the Exo and fixing it will go a long way to helping them correct any issues that come up with the AC Exo and the Warthogs.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hooo boy.

Answered a pubbie SOS on a Suicide Drop on Oshaune. Almost immediately one diver gets disconnected so it's a trio. The first guy says we aren't even the original team that he started the mission with him and the second guy who just joined becomes the host. We pick up all the super samples and run for extract. We survive until Pelican 1 shows up only to find out none of us can get in. Pelican 1 won't let us sit down. We get wiped and the mission ends on a 2 star with no samples.

If this game wasn't so fun I'd be more annoyed.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If anyone is looking for fun music to play in the background while you Helldive because the in game music gets kind of boring I suggest turning on any or all of the Metal Slug soundtracks. They fit remarkably well.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Broken Record Talk posted:

Anyone else finding it incredibly difficult to find pugs that give a poo poo about sample collection? I’m pretty well stocked on everything but ship unlocks, and for the life of me I cannot find a game with pugs that doesn’t result in a maximum of like 5 samples and a ton of frustration. Any time I’ve focused on getting them, I inevitably either get killed at the outskirts of the map and can’t make it back to the pile in time, or get friendly-fired right as the shuttle is about to depart.

Ya it's tough, you can mitigate this by just teaming up with friends, goons, or asking the randos and agreeing before you actually drop.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Would love a mod that changed the sounds of the Sickle and one that skips the cinematic intro to the game and just loads you straight to your ship.

Kind of surprised there actually arent more Nexus mods for Helldivers 2.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's getting a lot of forgiveness for the bugs just due to how much goddamn fun it's been and the potential for it to be even more fun as it evolves.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saw on all the "blue beam" talk and pictures on Reddit and thought it was a stretch. Then I had a game tonight where I called down an Exo during a mission and while I looked up at it to position myself to climb in when it landed... I watched in horror as it was zapped out of the air right above me by a loving blue beam from out of goddamn nowhere.

Felt like I just witnessed a UFO or something.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

hey mom its 420 posted:

I got the option to call in a hellbomb when I was near the mutalisk spire. is that always an option or only on certain maps I wonder?

It's always an option you just gotta be close enough for it to appear as a drop.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I asked for one but never got one :(

:same:

And that's ok, I don't need no stinking goon tag to drink and enjoy my liber-tea.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZWaKywWJ3s

quote:

This is just more proof that Pelican 1 is a legitimately good person.

He comes to rescue you if you fail the mission and the super destroyer leaves, he provides support fire when landing and if you are not in the extraction zone. He even shows how annoyed he is with his tone when he says "helldivers" in this video. Hes annoyed at you, but won't leave you to die.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Orbital Railgun used to dome Bile Titans in one shot right? Or am I misremembering because it never takes them out in one shot but maybe it never did and I'm thinking Chargers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

novaSphere posted:

lay down smokes first, then run from your problems

This is unironically THE pro tip.

Breaking LOS will absolutely save all of your rear end.

BadLlama posted:

My biggest problem with the SSD missions is the drat T-pose bug, that doesn't always work itself out until you die. Sometimes you can fix it by changing weapons, sometimes its just like Na dog.

I think you can also fix it by dropping and picking up the SSD again.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 25, 2024

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I consider myself situationally aware most of the time but jfc they need to up the sound design of the Charger. The fact that a tank sized rhino bug can fuckin consistently stealth stomp right through and ragdoll my rear end a football field distance away is ridiculous.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chargers are now wearing footy pads on their claws to make them sneakier.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BitBasher posted:

A problem is that there are still massive numbers of people that don't know that unsafe mode is a thing. That menu is never really explained in the game AFAIK, most people don't know it exists.

It really really needs to make you open that in the tutorial

With how many fuckin "TOP 10 THINGS TO MAKE YOU A BETTER HELLDIVER" tik toks and FB reels I get barraged with on the daily it's their fault for never learning how to unlock their railguns true potential at this point.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Am I right in assuming the only Ship Modules that take effect during a drop are the ones upgraded on the hosts ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

RIP HELLDIVERS 2 I GUESS

edit: Who am I kidding. I'll be siging up for whatever they want because I need to spread that Democracy.

double edit: Cool, turns out I already have a PSN account from when I rocked a Playstation to play stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 years back. EZPZ.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 3, 2024