Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is there any way to go back to solo play after hosting a mission other than either kicking everyone out manually or closing and reopening the game?

Crank up the difficulty and let God sort em out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I can't imagine having the option for a jetpack and not taking a jetpack. Have you guys tried the Jetpack? My gun is exclusively reloaded in the sky.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
While the matchmaking doesn't work I'm just treating this like a MGSV expansion. Can't throw empty mags but got the next best thing.

https://i.imgur.com/TdlHuG4.mp4

Fun game can't wait to play with people again.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Helldivers think they're special forces because the ship needs a way to target things on the ground and you may as well let the sensor array think it's in charge if things go smoother.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I agree with the ship exterior personalization requests. The SES Arbiter of Family Values demands it.

The SES Comptroller of Individual Merit wonders what you're trying to compensate for, Patriot.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The way the bots take forever after seeing you to actually open fire (if you don't shoot first) and keep shooting wildly in the direction they last saw you after they lose LOS reminds me of Vietnam draftees shooting high into the treeline because they didn't actually want to kill anybody but they couldn't go back with a full weapon.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The only time I've ever kicked anyone was a railgun shield guy who left me hanging for 40 consecutive seconds. He probably thought I wanted his lovely gear but I just wanted some goddamn human contact, Doug.

If you don't rock and stone you ain't coming home.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Insert name here posted:

I definitely used to do this with the regular Liberator but Brood Commanders will still crawl after you, while the AP Liberator will definitely put it in the dirt with less than a mag to the head and the sooner those things are dead the better (Brood Commanders can summon warrior bugs at its location independent of bug breaches, because they're jerks)

How is the AP liberator? Been wondering if it was worth buying, I'm still running my Knight from civilian life.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
This bomb is so satisfying.

https://imgur.com/6D69j6a

The first time I brought it on a mission was my first scrambled strategem. Ordered a jump pack and killed my entire team.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
You guys realize they are going to add more, higher difficulties as the war bonds cause power creep right? That's what they did with helldivers 1. Helldive ain't as hard as it'll get

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

JBP posted:

E: whoops it does come with the Knight SMG. I've never used it lol.

The knight is really loving good, it absolutely shits bullets. Recoil takes some getting used to.

But more importantly it's basically a p90 and makes me feel like a Stargate man.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

ijyt posted:

Plus it has a pretty damascus pattern! I prefer it a lot more in its burst fire mode.

That's no way to prevent devastator overpopulation.
https://i.imgur.com/8TWWwGv.mp4

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Tom Tucker posted:

Starting to hit a wall playing with pubbies at difficulty six I'm not good enough to carry folks.

My last mission ended with 0 reinforcements when a teammate's gatling sentry aggroed the bile titan I had successfully snuck past, so I dropped an orbital railgun on him, and as he died I was immediately stepped on by the other bile titan they had aggroed.

Wait for them to get embroiled in a fight then book it to the farthest objective. Can only be one reinforcement call on the map and it'll be on them, you'll have the smoothest mission of your life.

I throw the SOS beacon like snake throws an empty mag.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The laser cannon is great at bile spitter heads. They get maybe one spit off.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Bandire posted:

One bug I keep seeing is my title, emote, and celebration pose all revert back to what I had them set to a couple weeks ago. It seems to happen every time I spend medals. It's weird. Obviously not game breaking, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet. I did submit it to their Zendesk.

I kind of like this bug, it fits the random voice on respawn pretty well, but yeah I get it too.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Regarding stealth, bots have ears and different guns have different sound ranges. They also have different alert states, and they will happily suppress the last place they saw you or the direction of a gunshot even if they didn't see you yet.

They can hear you moving, the scout armor reduces movement noise alongside sight range. Crawling is quietest, then crouching, then walking.

Bots can see thrown beacons and follow the arc back to the source, but won't see beacons thrown behind them. Artillery will know where you're at the second you call any strategem within their range.

Most guns can be heard from 50m. SMGs, side arms (including the revolver), and the laser from 25 but they can see the laser and hear or see misses if they impact nearby. Going full auto seems to alert them much more easily. The marksman rifle is audible from 50m but sometimes they will let you get away with one shot closer and just sort of stare in your direction like they aren't sure it was a gunshot.

Hats Wouldnt Fly fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 5, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Quote is not edit.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

novaSphere posted:

The Knight SMG, only available in the supporter bundle, is so bad it's not even included in this list I see

(It's bad. Not necessarily because the gun itself is bad, but has ammo problems like the Slugger where it inexplicably gains less ammo per resupply or ammo box than other comparable weapons)

It's the second highest DPS primary and extremely accurate at range if you control the recoil (just crouch). It has a ton of ammo each mag so it can kill a lot of small weak poo poo but it also has an extremely high fire rate meaning it can mag dump meatier boys down super quick. It's an SMG so it's also quieter than other primaries. Every time I buy a new weapon I go about two missions before switching back to the knight because it's so drat good. I'm a little mad it's not available to everyone.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
If I was the devs I'd just block every US IP and go back to having a good community.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I think the bugs have part of their brain in their limbs it's cool and shouldn't be intuitive because they are aliens.

Please help I can't figure out how to kill chargers without railgun

https://streamable.com/cmlfpv

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Did some testing tonight:

GR-8 Recoilless Rifle Sight Ranges
Close range: use the inner dot
~100m: halfway between dot and bottom of outer ring
~200m: bottom of outer ring
~300m: halfway between bottom of outer ring and bottom edge of sight.
~400-450m: bottom edge of sight

This rules, you rule.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I've had better luck with the spear lock on by being high up and far away. It is not a close range weapon.

I've been wondering if it's lock-on doesn't use the same logic as enemy line of sight. It really seems to not be able to handle small hills or fog or spores or smoke.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so atm i think my least fav enemy type is just the jetpack bots who land right in front of you and if you shoot them the backpack careens toward you and explodes in your face, makes me livid

Cap them in the knee like they owe you money.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Guys I threw a beacon that shoots a light visible from space why are the enemies I've been killing this exact way for a month suddenly figuring out where I threw it from?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The best part of the redeemer is popping it into semi and one tapping up to 31 scavengers while they desperately scramble to find you and call for help.

Not today fuckos.

... Then when your primary runs dry later fighting anything else you switch back and fire a single pitiful shot before getting bodied.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

LazyMaybe posted:

Since the bile titan's sacs are, to my knowledge, the same as charger/spewer weakpoints in that they take 10% from bullets and 100% from explosive... I wonder if bile titans can take more damage from 500kg if their sacs are still intact to get splashed by the bomb.

This makes so much sense. Ever since I started running under them with my autocannon and busting their guts I've been seeing a lot more survive poo poo they didn't previously.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

3) SA backend crashes as 800,000 idiots queue up for gang tags

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Eason the Fifth posted:

Anybody have a low-key favorite stratagem that they think is underappreciated? That's the shield generator relay for me in bot missions. Short cooldown, great for tossing up around a keypad while you're typing in the sequence, blocks rockets, keeps turrets alive long enough for them to be effective in big skirmishes

Eagle strafing run. You get a ton of them, they come out quick and they start exactly at the beacon and go forward. They are great at choke points, bug eggs, and danger closing a conga line of dudes you've been running from without also taking out all your nearby friends.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Away all Goats posted:

Just had a bug where I couldn't reinforce at all. Two other people died and when the last guy reinforced us, the 3rd guy to die was the only one who came back.

I had this bug when steam servers went down for maintenance on Tuesday. Just three dudes watching me flail around and die until the game kicked me back to the ship 5 minutes later with a connection lost message.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Sometimes the maps have random lightning strikes, might let you survive that too!

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The plasma shotgun feels like it would be really good at clearing small enemies off a patrol or poi quietly, without a chance for them to call reinforcements. The two matches I had time for was everyone going crazy with the machine gun though so I never got to try it.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

sushibandit posted:

Unfortunately that would require either giving up +2 grenades and better crouching accuracy (on medium/heavy) or better stealth and infinite radar (on light) which are pretty much welded to my helldiver at this point.

The reduced explosive damage perk comes with reduced recoil too, so you're just losing two grenades. It's my goto for autocannon.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I will never use the sickle because it looks really loving dumb bouncing around on my hip. Needs a major aesthetics buff.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Spookydonut posted:

reminder that reloads are always faster as long as your gun isnt completely empty

Not true with the plasma shotgun, it's the same reload either way. Unsure about the plasma rifle but probably the same.

You could argue the revolver is a faster reload empty since you'll spend less time cracking it open and ejecting per bullet, but it's not really a reasonable speed either way.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Qubee posted:

TCS gamemode is a bit dangerous, I've died numerous times to the water pools near the TCS centre. I just had a game that majorly bugged out, we chose our landing spot (I was host) and my hellpod landed directly in one of the water pools. My stamina drained and I figured I'd die and respawn, but my character "died" but the game still considered me alive. I couldn't perform any actions, the only thing I could do was spectate other people and my dead/alive corpse.

After ten minutes, I think one of my teammates died and I got queued up for respawn. The game immediately hung when I stepped out of my hellpod and then after 1 minute, the game unfroze and the other players were booted from the server.

If this happens again get a teammate to shoot your corpse. The water didn't fully kill you, seems to be a bug from them fixing armor.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I want some kind of mobile shield generator so there's a bonus to stick close to teammates like darktides team coherency.

Unsafe mode shield backpack? Jeep with a spot on top to drop a sentry? Blood mister backpack that farts a stim cloud when you inject yourself? Just any carrot to make pubbies not wander too far.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

ninjewtsu posted:

how do you guys deal with the autonom cannon towers? pinpoint accuracy from a mile away with an aoe is brutal to even try to approach, and once you're there stratagems are fairly unlikely to actually kill it. i know about the weakpoint in the back that takes 10+ railgun shots to kill, just getting it exposed is pretty difficult if you don't want to wait on your buddy to circle around the long way all the way to the other side of the base and bumble into a patrol on the way. and then it requires the aforementioned 10+ charged railgun hits. i saw a base spawn with 2 of them and trying to tackle that even with a coordinated team sounds like hell, is there something i'm missing?

3 autocannon shots to the vent from 500m on my way to the objective before it.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Exodee posted:

After trying the laser pistol for a bit I gotta say I'm not a fan. I'm sure it's actually well balanced around its potentially unlimited ammo (though your dps would be terrible if you played around it) but ammo economy is not really a thing I look for in a sidearm and its lack of burst damage made me miss the Redeemer a whole lot whenever I pulled it out. Plus it has the stupid triangle crosshair thing that makes third person aiming harder for no reason.

I tend to use my sidearm for quietly taking out small patrols and the dagger is okay at that. It's base damage is really low but lasers seem to have high headshot multipliers. It also looks cool on the hip.

It's biggest strength, though, is that it's one handed with no recoil. Love lasering poo poo behind me as I run away.

It can't compare to the redeemer but that thing is a primary pretending to be a secondary.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Is strategem cooldown bad? What are you guys needing so many strategems for are you blasting through your autocannon ammo too fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The flamethrower rules with the new stun grenades. Pop a flash at a choke point or breach then start burning, gives you plenty of time to get the ground lit and the first wave dead and nothing else is gonna get close. Great way to murder chargers too.

I imagine orbital EMS or the stun mortar would be just as good, if not better.