Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Very frustrated that the patch has caused me to CTD pretty consistently now so I went from not being able to get a game with people besides those i invite to getting games but not being able to get through a mission...

i just wanna helldive!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Some people on reddit have suggested turning off discord hardware acceleration and then global illumination and anti aliasing in the helldivers game settings to reduce crashing. I havent been able to play since reading that but maybe some of you crash prone folks can try it out. I just wanna helldive...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
FYI whoever said you didnt need to extract to get samples thats apparently not the case anymore. Lost a ton of rare samples because my team was too cowardly to wait 10 seconds to extract :argh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

JBP posted:

I've seen people say they didn't get samples despite being alive with samples while missing the extraction.

Yea this is patched out or whatever. my team full extracted and left me behind while I was running to grab some rare samples we dropped and we got 0 samples.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

wilderthanmild posted:

Anybody else notice medals not being properly deducted when buying stuff at the warbonds shop? Like I spent from 10 down to 0, get 5 on a mission, come back and have 15. Seems like it's happened a couple times to me.

The main warbond page doesnt update sometime but your accurate medal count will show up when you go into the individual warbonds.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/ZHZd8dGK0vQ?si=wC7cMweONuk_ZQmE

this seems good to know vs chargers

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I like to solo play because i hear the comms from my 3 doofus teammates "bug breach detected! reinforcements incoming! orbital launched! helldivers never die! reinforcements incoming!" and wonder what theyre doing or thinking as they see a string of "nest eradicated\stalker lair destroyed\samples collected\seaf artillery online\radar destroyed" etc as i go be effective before rejoining them

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

doing SEAF artillery solo sounds miserable

you can quick carry the shells by spamming use on them you will walk fast while picking up and dropping a shell. Makes it much easier to do solo.

I like doing it solo because my teammates did it once and MAYBE it was bad rng on shell generation but they loaded all smoke \ static field so it was useless

Gimme dat control

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Legit Businessman posted:

Do you like playing team based games?

I love playing team based games, but I like completing the mission / being effective more than anything in the world. If the other divers are good and are operating with a brain (hitting secondaries, focusing the right stuff, getting POIs) I will squad up and bro down. If they're noobish and lost I will go make better use of my time so we can complete the mission and get PAID with freedom bucks.

Also if you're going rambo in HD its likely because your teammates are not doing the right thing or else they'd follow you. If someone follows me I dont TK them or whatever. You can naturally split into pairs or become the IGL by just doing stuff with conviction.

You learn a lot about your team the first time a bug hole opens, if they start dropping turrets and preparing a protracted engagement i hit the bricks

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 26, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

People going Rambo can be a huge pain in the rear end and imo it's kind of an annoyingly selfish way to play. If it's well communicated why they are going to run off and there is a game plan it's fine, but some people like to run off and just start doing objectives alone, which causes very little enemies to spawn around them and a boost in enemies for the rest of the team to deal with. These same people always seem to think that they are the only ones who know what they are doing and everyone else is just taking on engagements for no reason when in reality their team is just getting swarmed and they are not helping at all.

Going off solo does not cause more enemies to spawn on your teammates. Starting objectives can cause enemies to spawn at the objective, but its not going to punish your teammates. Not sure why you are thinking that. If the main party is dealing with endless swarms its because theyre not disengaging / aggroing everything, which is why that other guy went rambo to begin with.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

This is counter to everything I and everyone else I have played with has experienced playing the game. I can’t prove it tbh, but I doubt you can either. If you can objectively show me I’m wrong have at it though and I’ll rethink my position.

AFAIK more players ramps up the bug spawns so being down a player who is off doing their own thing is going to just make it harder on everyone else.

The spawns get more intense based on difficulty and mission length. The longer the mission has progressed the more crazy stuff gets. AFAIK its not based on players. I think shooting the bugs is really fun too but theres infinite amounts of them and you dont get anything for doing it outside of eradicate missions. You get to squash plenty of bugs even when you're being a ninja.

Edit: If you're in discord and gonna actively kick ppl why not just make it private or get on the ingame VC? If someone chats at me in game when I'm not playing with friends I will respond and group if they ask. But how is any pubbie supposed to know what you're doing if you're on private discord lol

I got in a pub game where they were obviously showing a new player the ropes/grinding XP for them (2 level 20+ and a level 5 grouping) so I just went and did my own thing to help clear objectives and get them XP since they were going pretty slow. Worked out fine :shrug:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 27, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I think groups just pull more enemies due to the divers being more spread out.

Darox posted:

It does have a heat sink on the back you can shoot just like tank turrets, though it's near impossible to actually hit without someone else to distract it. It's pretty hard to hit with calldowns too just because of how high up it is. My go-to answer is orbital lasers.

I once killed one in 2 impact grenades, the very first one i encountered. Have yet to replicate that or kill one easily with a call in after that. Very annoying.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They should adjust patrol spawns so they have to come from out of los and a certain distance away. It feels bad whenever that happens or at least add an animation for the bugs like burrowing from underground or something.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dyz posted:

I think they do, Ive had a bug patrol unburrow next to me. Its like a mini bug breach almost.

Its not consistent then because I've had a huge patrol just blink into existence ontop of me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Play vs Bots and use it like a bolt action rifle on the walkers and big stompy guys and you start to feel the power. Then use it on the big stuff and while it takes a few shots you realize none of the other options would do any better and most would be markedly worse.

EATs are such a bummer calling in 2 single use rockets and they dont even kill a charger with a headshot like wtf

edit: being able to kill 2 things every 70 seconds if you land your shot should not be too much to ask

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

LuiCypher posted:

Conversely, I hate when people join your party and they have a hot mic, so you hear either their breathing, their controller vibrating, the random crinkle of them reaching into a bag of Cheetos, and any combination of those things.

I had a guy hold an entire conversation on the phone with his gf\wife about paying the mortgage and asking why she spent 200 a week on vapes if she cant pay the bills

i told him thats too much money to spend on vapes a week then called in an airstrike

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ijyt posted:

curious new weapon

any time ive seen this in game its someone using a trainer

had a guy with pink question mark throwing orbital lasers like candy

but its really just a missing or unloaded asset so could just be a bug

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
If you have your FPS displayed universally like with nvidia you could see it going to 600 or whatever during loading screens and stuff. Absolutely hard limit your fps with this game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers...hare&utm_term=1

Looking respectfully at the boltgun rifle

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I prayed to joel and all i got was a lovely, rainy bug planet with zero visibility full of bile spewers

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

The Shame Boy posted:

I wish the minefields were represented more they are actually pretty decent! The flame mines need a bit of a buff though but that's just kind of a fire thing in general i guess.

Yea minefields are great, I love it when we have to do an objective that requires moving between various points at the POI and a teammate has mined every last inch. I want to helldive into a super earth ninja warrior obstacle course that kills me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They should balance fire and EMS based on the clear lethality. Napalm/Fire should be debilitating and have high DoT but its obviously lethal to your teammates. EMS should not affect helldivers but also do no damage. So you have a safe hard CC and a very volatile hard CC

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Eediot Jedi posted:

whoever said the game spawns enemies when you look away is full of poo poo.
https://i.imgur.com/VLELViS.mp4

Yea I would be surprised if everyone didnt have at least 1 experience of a patrol appearing on top of them. I kinda wish they'd fix that.
Also I know people have been debating about patrol routes and stuff but in my experience I've found that even when nobody is on alert patrols will generally head in your direction. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is nudging patrols in your direction to drive action in the game. I don't think they will hunt you blindly, but I do think the game sets patrol paths that intersect with where ever you're hanging around.

Way too many times have I been minding my own business doing a SEAF or something and have an entire squad of bugs or bots just wander right over top of me.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

man played for almsot 2 hours tonight all on level 7 and could not get a single purple science, gently caress this is a goddamn grind

By far my worst experience with this game was the other day when a guy TKed everyone \ we died and they didnt pick up the samples and extracted without reinforcing. I wasn't sure if they did it on purpose or not but it felt insanely bad. It sucks because the guy who had the super samples picked them up after I dropped them at extract before I could get them and the only reason *I* died was because I was guarding him to get on the shuttle. I wouldn't have given our other idiot teammate the chance to kill me if I had them myself. Maybe I should have Tked him and picked them up 🤔

Also whats up with the samples being in groups of 3 but all the upgrades being 10 or 5? I'm at 9, I just want more eagle airstrikes!!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 6, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I play like 80% with pubbies on quickplay and theres just no controlling for loadouts the other people are bringing. I think there should be a loadout which is GENERALLY effective vs all comers even if you can't always engage. Needing to depend on the guy who brought 4 turrets to the "run around a massive map" mission is not it. I also think gate keeping people who don't want to specifically voice chat group from the higher difficulties is lame.

Edit: and i say this as someone that very rarely ran railgun/shield, I usually run 2x eagle, railcannon or orbit laser, and autocannon, the fact that every POI on 7+ has 1 to 2 chargers is asinine

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Retro42 posted:

Asking here because I'm more likely to get a sane answer than other forum options.

Anyone else having issues adding friends between ps5 and pc? Trying to add my partner to play together and the request is just sitting there pending no matter how we try to do it.

The patch notes mentioned a known issue with PS5 friend adds

Worf posted:

does the HP of mob change with difficulty level or just the frequency of the bigger ones/overall quantity

The HP is not supposed to change between difficulties, but I don't know if this is actually true

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

Why, though? A coordinated, experienced team is always going to be more effective than a random group of pubbies, saying you don't want difficulties unless you can tackle them solo is saying that what you really want is for coordinated groups not to have a way to play that they feel is appropriately challenging. It literally has no impact on you at all, and yet you think it's lame for them to be able to do it. That's... I genuinely do not understand that mentality, where someone else having something they can enjoy makes your experience worse.

Because I am good at video games and I like to be able to challenge the hardest difficulties but I am also old and have responsibilities and can't always coordinate friends to play games? There's quickplay in this game, I would like it if I could quickplay on the hardest difficulties and have a reasonable chance at victory. I don't think thats unreasonable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It's kind of unreasonable. If theres a difficulty you can beat with random pubbies, then coordinated teams will want a difficulty above that.

Its absolutely not unreasonable? The only thing having a known group does is give you preknowledge of the skillset of your teammates, but nothing about a PUG means they have to be unskilled or uncoordinated once playing. I play/played a lot of Darktide and its absolutely possible to challenge the highest challenge tier of that game with a PUG. As long as the population running the difficulty is sufficiently skilled. i don't need to win 100% of the time but getting neener neener'd I cant do helldive because I don't have time to coordinate friends is bad imo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

Asking that the hardest allowed difficulty in a 4 player coop game be the difficulty you can solo carry at is absolutely, 100% unreasonable, like... extremely so. It is the single least reasonable take I've heard all year.

This literally gets you nothing except the knowledge that no one else is allowed to play more difficulty levels than you, at the cost of those people not being able to play the difficulty levels they enjoy. How can you possibly think that demanding other players not be allowed to have the fun they want to make you feel better at the game is reasonable?

I didn't say it should be solo carryable? I just don't think the game should be balanced around needing a dedicated group to beat. If I get grouped with skilled players we should be able to beat the hardest.

Turin Turambar posted:

Don't worry, they aren't gatekeeping anything, anyone can try to play in public games. Some already do. It's all an entire difficulty gradient. 7 is harder than 6, 8 is harder than 7, 9 is harder than 8.

It is unreasonable. Because as good as you are at video games lol surely you can imagine how much better a team of four people like you, that they know each other and use voice comms would be in a coop shooter like this. And similarly to you wanting to 'be challenged', this hypothetical group also would like to be challenged and play a hard match. So said group need a higher difficulty level than you playing with pubbies. If you play at dif 9, then dif 9 cannot be the highest one because they need difficulty 11, in comparison.

And that's only imagining a team at your skill level. If we go beyond that, it's unreasonable in another way:

It is unreasonable because even if we go ahead and imagine there is no voice comms in the game and people somehow can't communicate with any third party tool, the post seems written with the assumption YOU should be able to play at the highest difficulty for the challenge, but at the same time said challenge shouldn't be high enough that you can't win. It's all written thinking you are somehow the pinnacle of gaming skills and there are no other set of people who is even better at video games than you, and said set of people also needs an appropriately challenging difficulty for them.

But I am the pinnacle of gaming skill? I just don't wanna talk to nerds on voice chat. I don't think dedicated grouping is such a huge population that the highest difficulty should be balanced around it. I don't care if 4 people dedicated gaming this are not super super challenged by the hardest difficulty. If they want they can handicap themselves to make the highest harder. I want this game to be challenging at a pickup level because thats how I play.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 7, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

LazyMaybe posted:

you can already beat difficulty 9 in uncoordinated teams you randomly join without voicechat, so what exactly is being debated here

Great, I don't have any complaints about the current state then, but some posters in here are like "yea yea make it so only dedicated groups can beat the hardest difficulty!" and I disagree with that philosophy. I would also hope the devs would not balance around that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

Why not? You can always just turn the difficulty down one lol

If you read that devs post he said he was" horrified" that people were beating helldive so

Yea and thats an incredibly naive opinion to have for a developer. Raids get beat nearly instantaneously, challenging games get defeated quickly. You can't be "horrified" people are beating your game when hundreds of thousands of people are playing it. A percentage of them will be highly skilled!

I also do not want to "turn the difficulty down 1" - I would like to challenge every aspect of a game, its what I enjoy and devs should not cater to premade groups. You could similarly just play with the worst strategems and weapons as a premade and increase difficulty that way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

That doesn't make any sense... Why wouldnt you design your hardest difficulty around the best most organized teams? What's the big deal why does every random need to be able to select 9 on the difficulty lol

I'm not a random, I'm the protagonist. Higher difficulties should be gate kept by skill, not by ability to group.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

Lol I'm an elite gamer and deserve to defeat difficulty level 9. No I will not communicate with my team and will exclusively leave it up to chance who they are.

Communications are built into the game, I should not need to go onto some rando discord.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Kly posted:

yup. the tagging and com wheel are enough.
im starting to think jerkface hasnt actually tried playing on lvl9 with randoms yet

I'm arguing with a guy who thinks that shouldnt be possible, I'm not complaining its not possible.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

deep dish peat moss posted:

I don't think this game is even particularly enhanced by voice comms, other than being able to laugh with and shoot the poo poo with your teammates. You can convey more tactical information with pings than you can with voice comms, you can tag multiple enemies which visually relays their exact position to your team in a way that voice comms can't, you can mark objectives and locations on your team's compass, etc.

You don't even need to use text chat to communicate anything important.

The dynamic tagging is also really good, it gives direction and distance for whatever you tag

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Worf posted:

consider making friends & playing with them in a group part of the challenge that you refuse to step up to then

No

Elendil004 posted:

It feels like stalkers got worse in the patch. I don't remember the short range boop attack they do that ragdolls you all over.

They've always had that, but I did have a stalker eat like 4 autocannons to the face which was interesting. I assume that was lag/desync though. The stalker lairs got severely nerfed so you can pretty easily blow them with 1 eagle airstrike now which is great. Havent had a miss yet across 3 missions.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 7, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

turn off the TV posted:

it should be illegal for video games to have difficulty settings that are too hard for me

It should be illegal for video games to have a difficulty that requires me to make a friend as a 40 year old man

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Isn't this what's already happening to you? :psyduck:

No, im able to PUG just fine, right now. I just don't want the balance to move towards what people like Flashman want, which is a difficulty that requires extra ordinary coordination. I am told this is an unreasonable request. I disagree with that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Tonetta posted:

what if you chose the difficulty you liked, and it didn't have to be the maximum difficulty

well tonetta what if i want the max difficulty what then :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
i hope they release a jerkface only difficulty and its the hardest one. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Worf posted:

you wouldnt be able to do it anyway lmao

ill have you know i graduated top of helldiver training and have over 1500 confirmed teamkills to my name