Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Has anyone ever had a bug where you can't stay still at an objective terminal? I keep trying and failing the directional inputs because my movement hasn't been disabled. These feets just gotta dance :coolspot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hot take: the Punisher is more effective than the Breaker

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I just got the medals for my crucial role in the liberation of Heeth and Angel's Venture (looking at them on the mission map)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

i was expecting giant fireballs from space, exploding ice is boring :mad:

You can get fireballs, it depends on the planet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

speaking of dropships, is it actually even worth shooting them down? I call down an EAT the instant I see a flare go up, and usually score a hit before the bots start dropping, but then they end up on the ground walking and shooting just fine :\

Bring a grenade launcher & shell the underside before the bots deploy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hello everyone please stop playing so I can play, tia

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

can the mechs hug/high-five/etc.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do you stim someone else?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"mechs" is a stupid name for our bicameral legislation platforms

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

out of all the overwrought supernames in the requisition list, my absolute favorite has to be Stars and Suffrage

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if there's even the slightest chance of special capes I am not missing out

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

imagine if they did give me a special cape, though. *swoons*

Goons With Swoons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how do people get to level 15+ and still not know how to prepare for heavies, or avoid aggro

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

poor Patriot, thought about ants & died

I don't get the flamethrower; all I ever see people do is expend a whole fuel tank to kill a charger, or much more often set themselves on fire

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

It is very easy to just hit da bricks on a bad matchmaking team. Just return to your destroyer after you get shot in the face and see dude take your backpack.

I wish anyone would ever take my autocannon or recoilless pack for me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Yuri Lowenthal is definitely one of the voice options isn't he.

also Robbie Daymond I think

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

uninstalling

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there should be an extra stratagem slot, but only for the five or ten least popular stratagems from the previous week

let Shield Relay and Smoke Strikes have their day in the sun

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I said "least popular," not "bad"

Apple Craft posted:

Not arguing with your point, but I was playing solo. Also, I noticed some packs must have patrolled though my unexploded mines while I was in other parts of the map doing helldiver things.

Bile Spewers can definitely walk right through a minefield unscathed

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tfw you approach a SEAFART, survive all the patrols that come to ask about your car's extended warranty, only to find 1 explosive shell, 3 static fields, and 3 smokes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Why does no one use the assault rifle drone? I haven't tried it myself but is it really hard to keep enough ammo for it or something?

The assault Dog runs dry really fast, while the laser Dog never needs ammo and overheats so rarely that I think it might be bugged.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nexus6 posted:

If that's true, then how do your team extract back to it?

reinforcement destroyers in cryo storage

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does the whole squad get your ship module bonuses, or just you?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Fattest PI posted:

-Turrets are extremely more situational or straight up not worth it. Instantly gets stomped down by a charger.

EMS Mortar in a safe space nearby

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Just starting playing this on PS5, any good tips? The OP seems outdated. Specifically what should I be buying like guns wise, I can’t stop just getting cosmetic stuff and it’s probably holding me back. But none of the guns on the war pass or whatever it is called seem better than the basic assault rifle.

In the early acquisitions pages, the Punisher shotgun is very strong against terminids and the Diligence rifle is good for weaker automatons. The Redeemer machine pistol has low ammo but high burst damage.

In the early stratagem unlocks, Eagle Airstrike is one of the best calldowns in the whole game. The Stalwart is a more flexible LMG for bug killing, and the Anti-Materiel Rifle is decent against bots until you unlock the Autocannon. The Grenade Launcher and Supply Pack are always useful. The Gatling Sentry is a straight up improvement on the Machine Gun Sentry, and the Mortar Sentry can do a lot of damage but is also very risky.

As you progress into Challenging and Hard, you need to start worrying about heavily armored enemies like Chargers and Hulks. Somebody has to bring some anti-armor weapons like the Expendable Anti-Tank or Recoilless Rifle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I should do the highest level stuff I can actually compete on, right?

If you're going for XP and requisition, yes. If you're focused on samples, you can do the lowest difficulty they appear on--1 for common, 4 for rare, 7 for super rare.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Re: the punisher? shotgun. I really like it but I feel like I’m wasting practice if it’s only good in early zones.

Your target priorities might shift as enemy numbers increase and new enemy types(and weapon unlocks) turn up, but any guns that are good in the early game will still be good in the late game. The Punisher will always be great against Terminid Hunters and Warriors.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 12, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Aipsh posted:

So what exactly are we supposed to do with the chargers now?

Just shoot it in the face with anything explosive? Or are most explosive weapons still useless against it?

EAT the faces

EAT them

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Qubee posted:

Is there a way for me to aim and deploy a strategem without the need to throw it, for far away targets? The really explosive strategems keep on killing me because I can't seem to throw them accurately enough, I would much rather prefer designating the target with aim + keybind.

Nope. Throw it higher.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

anger at being teamkilled is just democracy leaving the body

let me keep my democracy inside me :gibs:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope it gets buffed cause in general its one of the coolest looking stratagems imo, throwing the ball and seeing the line of tracers moving away from you is dope. you can also use it danger close

Cluster Strike is like Strafing Run, but more so

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a way to stop the reload animation for the punisher/slugger so I can aim at something, aside from just firing off a shot

You can still aim in third-person or snap a shot in the middle of a rounds reload.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 13, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

imho a rocket or cannon Guard Dog would be more than useful enough to justify the slight risk of friendly fire

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you're absolutely right, a flamethrower Dog would be even better

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a flamethrower Guard Dog could be a Hot Dog

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do you even get a flashlight? I was playing a mission on the white planet and poo poo got so dark I could barely see anything for a bit, was so incredibly annoying I went straight to options and cranked up the brightness

Some guns have flashlights.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why is armor pen not a 1-10 bar stat like damage, capacity, recoil, & fire rate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

I still have to try the Tesla Tower!

It is very strong, just be sure to deploy it far far away from anything you do not want to hit. The outer ring of paths around a silo or extraction point is usually a good place.

slightly related: I slept on the Arc Thrower for way too long, this thing is seriously powerful...right up until it gets confused and starts arcing into a pile of dead Scavengers instead of the Brood Commander standing right behind them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Scythe is for that one achievement about completing a mission without firing your primary or support

harder to accidentally fire