Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Whoever is least friend will get sworded instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

IncendiaC posted:

Not only do your choices determine your Gold Saucer date, Cloud will loving stab the party member with the lowest friend points during his mental breakdown.

Including himself! That's right there's a hidden Cloud affection mechanic for himself and it's the hardest one to get of all because-

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
RE

For Resident Evil. That's why there's been no RE9 news, because Umbrella and Shinra were going through a merger.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The WEAPONS were to fight off any threat to the planet. Omega WEAPON was to be an ark of all the Lifestream if things got so bad the Planet decided "gently caress this poo poo I'm out" and CHAOS was to kill off any stragglers to get them onboard.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Mad Hamish posted:

I just looked up the plot to Dirge of Cerberus and 1) I don't remember most of this poo poo and 2) good Lord it sounds dumb as hell.

It really is exceptionally dumb.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It was apparently showing off one of her bikinis so, y'know, people are thirsty.

One? There's more!? You've ruined the game worse than spoiling the ending!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

So much for the rebirth of CDs.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

I think you could make the argument that Chadley takes after his dad more than he realizes.

Ah, so he ships Aerith/Red like a true man of culture.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Glide is right down in the dumpster with Crunches.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I didn't even bother max-scoring the three I found because it was too much torture.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is there a genuine use case anywhere in the game for the HP-MP swap materia?

It’s very funny to make a character have several thousand MP but there’s absolutely no reason to have that much MP ever and you won’t live long enough to even put a dent in it.

I haven't actually gotten to it yet but throw it on someone then have Barret pop Lifesaver to tank any damage that'd kill them and have unlimited MP for Curagaing him.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Oh sweet merciful heavens inverse controls in Glide de Chocobo.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

bewilderment posted:

Gilgamesh Island (tried one fight, "Come back at level 65" seems about right)

Oh, they're 65? That explains the one-shot Gigaflare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The plot is unironically the most interesting thing about Diofield.

So the big plot reveal is that the female lead is actually a horrible sociopath necromancer. Just like a total loving monster. And the protagonist keeps going after her and she empathizes with him and it is all strange.

Until you get to the ending. Where the ending is the protagonist having defeated the cause of issues... and then he promptly turns around and murders his best friend because he was actually a spy for the big evil empire and his entire purpose was to foster conflict and civil war until he could decapitate the leadership so they could sweep in and take over.

The end. That's it. That's the ending. Your protagonist and the female leader were both absolute shitbirds, and the only person they could connect with genuinely was the other shitbird in a tragic hosed up shitbird tragedy romance.

The protagonist doesn't question the monsters because he figured out super early on that the female lead was not the innocent waif she pretended to be and it served his purpose.

And then it loving ends rather than following through with the twist! It should have gone so much harder! Does he double-betray the Empire and use all his allies for more revenge or does he betray and slaughter them all in the name of the Empire and finish off the alliance? That scene was when I was finally invested in the drat game and then it just stops dead rather than push even harder.

Though Quin barely pretends not to be a monster so that's funny.