Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Apparently folks have early copies now. I imagine the internet will be a minefield of spoilers over the next 10 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DalaranJ posted:

I mean the gamespot review section already posted contained the extremely unambiguous phrasing [at the end of the game] they robbed Aerith of an important character moment Whatever could they be talking about?

I don’t think I would have played them at all if they hadn’t reworked the character. What an awful person.

reading between the lines, it sounds like aerith dies but it's weird somehow. which, given the timeline nonsense we've already seen, isn't too big of a shock

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Gologle posted:

Does Vincent and Yuffie still keep the older brother and bratty younger sister vibe?

yes. google "yuffie bratty sis" to learn more

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

played the Junon demo last night and the world seems chock-full of stupid little collectibles and fetch quests. i can't wait

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i anticipate "working from home" on thursday

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'd heard somewhere that it would release at midnight on your PS5's time zone. sounds like it's 12am EST for everybody, so that's good news

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I managed to do them all in 2 tries at most but they're extremely annoying, I agree. There didn't need to be 7 of them

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Aerith Gainsbro is a primo username

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Did you actually beat him without him using Zantetsuken? I had to cheese it by equipping everyone with revival earrings

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

they want shady posted:

Something weird happened so I gotta ask, (beginning of chapter 13 spoilers) went to the northern village but decided to do the pirate treasures first since I got the warning that I couldn't go back if I disembarked and that sounded pretty final. Anyway, after clearing at least two of the four monster parties the game sort of froze like it was looking to go into a cutscene but after a few seconds it just let me move around like normal. Was Cait Sith supposed to chime in or something and the game's not dealing well with him not being there (tbf neither am I lol)?

Probably just a bug. My game full-on froze during a battle and I had to force-quit. Luckily it only happened once

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

for consistency, john dimaggio should have voiced the obnoxious robot instead of heidegger

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

having a bunch of goofy poo poo follow an emotionally wrenching moment is just staying true to the source material

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I like new Cid. He's still a little cranky and rough around the edges without the domestic abuser bits

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

lines posted:

I feel like Part 3 almost wants to be a different genre? Like this is the one of the three that wants to be an open world exploration type game. Part 3 could do something wildly different, I don't know quite what yet.

shadow of the colossus knock-off where you fight all the weapons

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i play piano irl so maybe that's why i didn't have too hard of a time with using both hands/sticks. gently caress the battle theme, though

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I have a feeling that Yuffie and Cid's dynamic is going to be really funny

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

If I'm remembering right, OG Yuffie steals your materia like right after you meet, right? Before she's even a full-fledged party member? I can't see her doing it now, it doesn't fit her character and she's got too much trust with the group.

no, it's only once you get to wutai

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

it took me a bit to figure out but i didn't think chocobo gliding was all that bad. i'm definitely not going to try to get more than the minimum passing score on the courses though

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Books On Tape posted:

I think I’m just getting old. Combat already looks like a mess of spell effects and enemies jumping around all over the place so I end up just button mashing with cloud and using triple slash until things are dead.

Switching characters nonstop just makes me dizzy.

just change to easy mode. that's what i did, no shame. i don't have the patience to die to bosses over and over or learn split-second blocks anymore

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

They kind of had to make Cid different. It wouldn't have gone over well if they made him basically a domestic abuser like the original

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

holy poo poo I just realized I never even went in the honeybee inn in ff7og

lol you should look it up on youtube if only for how weird it gets. there are a couple moments that are ripped straight from twin peaks. and some casual homophobia, of course

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think ive already said this itt but it bears repeating, aerith and tifa becoming besties almost immediately is one of the best character beats in these games on par with wedge being genuinely scared of tifa

in the original a lot of their interactions are love triangle bullshit. this game executes it much better by having tifa and aerith join forces to pick on cloud instead

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

they absolutely need to add a way to transfer all of a character's materia to another character at once. transferring materia is clunkier than in the OG

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

JBP posted:

I didn't find the boxes that annoying, I just used the press square to throw system. When it rolled out the multiple box thing at the end I just went lol and waited for it to end.

i think i hit 2 boxes at most. if that had been more than just a bonus game i would have been upset

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

RatHat posted:

You do need to hit 10 or more boxes for the platinum trophy

oh, well i wrote off getting platinum in this game long ago, gently caress that noise

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Wtf instant death protection doesn't do anything against zanzukten? This Odin fight is a huge struggle lmao. Any tips? I'm not above taking it off dynamic if need be but it seems like a cool challenge rather than a wall to bang my head against. I feel like there's better characters than what I'm using ATM. Barret seems good with some magic on him

equip everyone with revival earrings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Vincent and Kujata are both things I didn't get on my first playthrough of ff7 so sometimes I just forget they both exist. I'm picking up my save game on switch I abandoned to start remake back in February and I don't even remember where Kujata is. I assume gongaga adjacent?

You can find Kujata in the sleeping forest on the way from Bone Village to the Forgotten Capital