Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Veryslightlymad posted:

What the hell is that thing that's flying? And did it come from his shoe or is that in the foreground?

It’s just something floating down in the foreground.

Welp, Knicks had a good run. Was nice while it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Can we just get an OG, Randle, Brunson series vs the Celtics and see what loving happens?

Randle turns back into a pumpkin, Brunson averages 38ppg but Knicks lose because he can’t win a series by himself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Glad his mom wasn’t here to see this

Real classy

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If LeBron is still committed to playing with his son some team will absolutely spend a first on Bronny if it means getting his father too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That would mean letting whatever team that drafted him hold him for ransom though. Then things get muddy because they can and should ask for much more than he’s actually worth. I doubt LeBron is gonna allow the possibility of them not playing together because a trade doesn’t work out. (If he’s really dead set on playing with him)

If he just makes it known that he will sign with whoever drafts him, then it makes things easier and it makes his son look better by being drafted higher.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

i honestly can't decide which part of this is the most impressive

I’d say it’s the pass

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Knicks game was rough. That no call on Brunson at the end really hurt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Randle ranges from invisible to actively hurting the team in the playoffs. :byewhore:

Bum rear end

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 4, 2024

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I don't think Julius Randle is a player you want on a 30+ million a year deal. Maybe I'm imagining it because I don't watch tons of Knicks games but it seems like they perform better without him slowing things down on offense. There are much better ways that cap space can be used.

He’s ok at times but is absolutely terrified of the spotlight in the playoffs. Also when he plays badly on offense he immediately gives no fucks, standing around and moping and refusing to play defense. The Knicks would definitely be better off with a different player in his place.

He reminds me of Melo a lot, just settling for terrible fadeaway long 2’s instead of actually trying to create a better shot or use his size to get to the rim.

Edit: He also looks like someone’s uncle who rolled out of bed and showed up to the local pickup game in sweatpants.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 4, 2024

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can’t imagine what trying to sleep on an air mattress as a giant person would be like. It’s terrible for a normal human.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did I miss the postseason prediction game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Are the Lakers officially the undisputed champs of the play in? Feels like they've been in every play in since they implemented it.

It’s usually them underperforming all year and having a good matchup, so yea, sounds about right.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Knicks baby love da Knicks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Loving the 76 fans grasping at straws for why they blew a 5 point lead with 45 seconds left 😂

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Papercut posted:

They'd be easier to root for if they didn't have a stadium-wide Christian prayer before every game

Wait what

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rick posted:

That sounds pretty terrible. Compulsory amazon prime to be an NBA fan sucks.

It’s exponentially cheaper than paying for cable to get ESPN/TNT so I’m all for it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Logo rocks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finally we find the reason for the Suns woes

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can’t wait for LeBron to hand pick his own super team again and still lose every year

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A Perfect Twist posted:

Lebron should retire. There is no shame in the way the Lakers season ended and he has achieved everything anyone could have ever asked of him in his career.

Guy never even won a dunk contest

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Gotta be honest, I'm genuinely shocked by how good Brunson has been

I thought that signing was an INSANE overpay, but gently caress me I guess, because holy moly.

Yea I thought it was a big overpay as well. Can’t believe how good this dude is though. Love the guy.

Randle on the other hand……….

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Giggs posted:

Luka out there kicking people what's that about
e: obviously a bad call to make that a jumpball, pretty embarrassing stuff

Completely unbiased and seeing this play for the first time, a jump ball isn’t a terrible call here. It should probably just be a no call, but they both have a hand on the ball for the exact same amount of time and they both lose control as they fall. :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

I was always under the impression that a jump ball was either

a. They've both got the ball and the ball isn't going anywhere (obviously not the case here because Thunder came away with the ball after less than a second) or
2. There's definitely a call to be made here but it could go either way (imo not really the case here)

I think it’s simpler than that. It’s basically just when two players possess the ball at the same time. I think there’s a lot of leeway for them to call it, and I’m not against it being used in a situation like that where two guys are dangerously falling because they both have hands on the ball.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

If these fashion statements lead to the finals nobody's gonna be laughing anymore

There’s a better chance of everyone in this thread accidentally meeting each other in person while all wearing that shirt than the Pacers making the finals.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

big boi posted:

Yeah, well, Go Knicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I fully expect the Pacers to shoot 69% from 3 Thursday

They can shoot whatever they want from 3 on Thursday, since they play the Knicks on Friday.