Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

You fool, why would I give them my real name for credits? I provided a stock name to protect my privacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

qnqnx posted:

How do the japes keep piling up lol

You can't call them that anymore.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mycot posted:

Very natural behavior, typing out a stutter in your tweet about your pet dying.

The one thing they don't teach you at super spy classes is how to reanimate a cat. That knowledge is twitter's demesne.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kelly was also Shmorky's last name. We're through the looking glass here, people!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kurtofan posted:

should have made multiple pics in one post oh well

even Number 2 was shocked

Ben and Jerry going to put a hit on you if you're not careful

The right-side-of-history slant to his lies is what brings it over the top for me. Almost every single aspect of his lies has some social cause angle, it's absolutely ridiculous. Pay gap in the assassin industry, turning down death squad assignments from Nestle, beating up homophobes and nazis, fighting against Russian imperialism, saving animals by the dozen... I suspect playing Japanese games was also some form of fight against racism, hence the very ~Asian~ fake best friend. It's either a power fantasy or very mean and crude satire. Maybe he's a secret chud who wants to see how gullible the dang snowflakes are and how many obvious lies they would lap up if the lies were in support of *current thing*?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the mod has the same writing voice as them lol

That's what happens with best friends all the time, their writing voices synchronise. You would know if you had a friend.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kurtofan posted:

how are you both a japanese immigrant and also have family that was in ww2 internment camps

No-no-no. She's American and got her Canadian citizenship. Pay attention!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When I see a can of Coca-Cola Vanilla and remember how many people had to die to get that vanilla flavour in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

the sex ghost posted:

No he's dead. Keep up

Give him 3 days. I'm sure he will get better soon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's funny seeing Speedball come up again after years of not thinking about him, and having to have friends refresh me on how he used to post his transformation fetish comic in the webcomic threads for feedback at a time where people were trying to be nicer about stuff and everyone kind of going

And lol, also.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol this rings a weird bell

????

It was slightly before my time, I suppose, but I don't remember it from webcomics threads. And it's somewhat memorable, I would say.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wtf at that comic

It's great, actually.

E: And it wasn't before my time, it turns out, this update is from 2019.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol the cad thread went from making fun of loss.jpg to posting pictures of buckley's house and blaming him for his dog dying

Who was the big Buckley rememberer from that thread? I think they later moved on to remembering things about other topics but got banned for, well, remembering too much private data.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There used to be a guy in the webcomic threads who would just doxx people at random if you pissed him off and he was just kept around because this site used to be even stupider than it is now.

Maybe it's the same guy?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Star Citizen thread still exists?

It will only be closed when the game is out. So never.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Slotducks posted:

No photos though. Ever. Photos are what gives you away. Text only

Good lord it's all so insane.

There were stock photos of his daughter and pets, lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Like do you really want to spend even more time trying to reach a cliff in Assassin's Creed or Horizon or whatever. Who cares

I simply choose not to play Assassin's Creed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ArfJason posted:

i thought the yellow paint poo poo was stupid cause it popped up for re4r to highlight breakable item boxes and im like the og re4 had barrels and boxes unnaturally glow every 2 seconds lol

Glowing > yellow paint, to be honest.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

kenshi is great fun

Gaming in the Biden years.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm playing Triangle Strategy right now, and VA is subpar.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

to be frank, in a straight one on one street fight phil would destroy that vtuber child

Also, in a Street Fighter match.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Skill issue, I'm afraid. Simply learn some Japanese.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SirSamVimes posted:

the only time I have seen "hire a youtuber to be your voice actor" work well is SungWon Cho as Senshi in the dungeon meshi dub

He is in the game, too, I believe. He definitely voiced some small parts in Yakuza 7.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was someone's nephew.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DaysBefore posted:

drat I should play Thronebreaker at some point. Meve was cool in the books

It's... okay.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dongicus posted:

something really gay is happening. well bye

Something even gayer is about to happen, and you're going to miss it now!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pharaoh... 777?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pirate Radar posted:

At this point I feel like I need to check if Prince Edward Island is even a real place

Barely.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what on earth is going on at lets play lol

They play games and show them to other people. At least I hope this is what's going on in there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

yeah i dont think you guys understand no computer program that wasnt explicitly released as public domain will become public domain in any timeframe that matters. defunct ip rules will never apply because part of being designated as a defunct ip is the holder admitting they have no plans to ever use their copyrighted material again. you are never gonna get a company to ever admit that, on pain of death.

Pretty sure games are like books when it comes to copyright law. 70 (depends on the country) years after Bobby Kotik dies, assuming he will be the last of the team team to die, you'll be able to legally play The Lost Vikings for free.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When people talk about paladins around me, it always gives me a fright. Thankfully, it doesn't happen that often.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When I was about 12, one time, after playing too much Fallout 2, I stepped on a green rug in the hall and waited a couple of seconds for it to transfer me to the next location (it didn't). Glad I never touched Fallout 3.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Misterbibs, a goon semi-famous for being belligerently wrong about video games and almost dying via hot dog more than once, once got yelled at by Jack Packard and Rich Evans from Red Letter Media on a video game stream for, of course, being wrong about video games.

No, he was wrong about Star Wars movies for a change. He argued that box office numbers indicated that prequels were actually good movies.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leal posted:

Unicorn Overlord is so good

Basically trash, I have no desire to play it whatsoever. Unless they release it on PC.

I agree on the Prequel trilogy > Sequel trilogy but literally only cause Return of Skywalker was so unbelievably bad. How are you gonna make a worse Star War than Attack of the Clones?

Also I just remembered that the RLM thread used to be in Cinema Discusso before getting kicked to GBS. Am I remembering wrong or is that pretty much entirely due to Star Wars drama?

As far as I can remember, it was always in GBS.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I found it! The CD thread was closed in 2016 and it looks like a GBS version was opened then.

And it looks to have been entirely about Prequel drama.

Lol, I didn't know that. Makes sense.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A certified hood classic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Good soup! posted:

I like old school RPGs but I found Planescape Torment to be boring as poo poo

Updated my journal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RTwP is the best system for RPGs. Apart from turn-based. It's outright tolerable, in fact, and I completed Tyranny with almost no qualms about it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Arcanum had a big questline about the Gnomish Question which makes me lol.

It wasn't very subtle, lol.

This is when video games had gone woke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A war veteran who loved dogs... No wonder he is not popular in C-SPAM.