Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

IndestructibleCat posted:

Funny you should mention, "Hikkiari" once claimed to be one of the localizers for the original Nier and when a bunch of us looked in the credits to disprove this easy lie. He got really pissy. He even brought it up once again like 3-4 years later after we all cut him off (feel free to look it up on his discord, it's probably still there)

They had the titular line in Nier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Voxx posted:

whose line prompt: things you can say about hitler and lowtax

Ended their careers in basements

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Nickelodeon's Aggro Craig

Someone should tell Craig to calm the gently caress down.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dave the diver rules

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Al! posted:

didnt nord have a huge breach not that long ago

You mean this one?

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/?guccounter=1

Apparently it didn't really get any user info, but the far worse thing to me is that timeline:

March, 2018: Breach occurs
October, 2019: Breach announced

Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

my dumb sleep deprived rear end spent like a solid ten seconds trying to figure out the joke behind censoring "ssris" like a slur before i read the rest of the sentence

Not even sleep deprived and did the same.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

adult jaguars meow anyway. Fearsome kitties.

Learning pumas purr really hosed me up because it just makes me want to pet them more.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

When I was in kindergarten I couldn't understand the plot to phantom of the opera so I just assumed the phantom was a hero who fought putties

No I'm pretty sure that's the plot.

It's been a while since I saw the Wishbone episode, though

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There is no such thing as normal. Any therapist or psychologist can tell you that. And if the majority of the people on this rotten planet are really of the same mindset as the people in the sagas thread then I am more than happy to go through the rest of my life being abnormal because I will never behave the same way as they do and I will never find their toxic morning radio shock jock humor funny

Somebody call the Waaahmbulance!

*Smacks button on soundboard. Track of an infant's cries auto-tuned to be a siren, complete with Doppler effect plays*

All right, let's take a look at traffic.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Japanese companies making exactly 3 or 4 wildly unrelated things is always very funny to me.

Mitsubishi: maker of fine automobiles, air conditioners, and attacks on US Naval bases

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

selec posted:

i remember, vaguely, a saga about a dude who was absolutely convinced these things were advanced roman technology for producing the perfect sling stone or something weird like that

I've heard they were for sling stones, making gloves, or looking through for surveying and the proponents of those theories will violently defend them despite everyone having absolutely no idea what the real use was.

at this point I think the romans just made them to gently caress with the future

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nuns with Guns posted:

(all excellent movies btw)

*Mashing the Police Squad! floor button on the elevator till it breaks*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they wheeled a TV into our French lesson to show us what was going on

I wasn't really paying attention so I thought it was a really bad taste French exercise

My physics teacher only told us "A plane crashed into the world trade center" so my brain went to "Oh, it's probably some dipshit in a Cessna. Sucks to be their dumb rear end."

Then by the end of the day my friends and I were figuring out who was turning 18 first and going "Welp, have fun in the draft" because I think we all thought that was still a thing with how much we got told we had to sign up for selective service.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

a perfect game! no-one will ever forget this day!

the only American who didn't let bin Laden win that day....

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RCS protruding, absolutely disgusting

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tezer posted:

I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art with a cop buddy of mine and he had to excuse himself to go talk to security because he brought a gun with him to the museum. It was that moment that I realized we were drifting apart culturally.

gotta be ready if the Rocky stature comes to life

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

lmao all the "Oh no my original avatar" stuff, was the entire gun forum just like trapped in 2004 or something? Did we open a time capsule?

Look, $10 is a LOT of money to drop on frivolous purchases for some people! *Buys five more boxes of ammunition*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If you just want to drive (as opposed to race), get one of the GTAs or Saints Rows or Sleeping Dogs or even a Forza Horizon so you too can swerve into oncoming traffic when you're all grumpy gussed because someone bought you an av, imho