Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Am I the only person who thinks everyone who plans to focus on a single class is mentally ill?

Yes that's a bit weird to think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Weird thing to give a poo poo about, honestly

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

pmchem posted:

apparently some leakers have already beat the game and are in NG+. anyone worried this game will be kinda short?

Nah, a lot of people consume games like they're speed eating a meal

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

Excited to see how racist our pawns are preprogrammed to be.

:dafuq:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Yes and No. Because of the (bad imo) way that the armor system worked, it could be anything from that single digit to a hundred fold difference.

Like this video ostensibly sets out to show that stats are meaningless, but shows that even with the best weapons in the game reducing the effect as much as possible, a max strength build will do twice as much physical damage compared to a min strength one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIKi0uWGgMo

It's still not required to beat the game and definitely not what I would recommend for a first playthrough, but it's not nothing.

Max Str vs Min Str isn't really what anyone is talking about when they say "Just level and don't worry about it that much"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

It's almost certainly because these are scans of real people they used as bases. Do you think they would really bother changing nipple size and position if it wasn't baked in?

...What?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

Can we stop the "well if you don't like it, you can leave it" sentiment please? This is a discussion forum where we talk about video games. I'm voicing some concern over issues I could potentially see appearing down the road given the limited info we have. Maybe I'm completely wrong about all of it, maybe I'm not.

I'm going to buy the game because it looks awesome, and it probably will be awesome overall, but that doesn't mean every single thing in the game is going to be 100% perfect, masterful design. In fact part of the reason the first game was charming was because it was so janky and weird about so many things. But I think there's a fine line between good janky and bad janky, and I just like talking about it, even if some of that talk isn't lavish praise, and seeing what other people think. And that's ok.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

What's the rating on a i7 10700K these days I don't know jack poo poo about gently caress

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mulva posted:

It's not a loving brain teaser, the AI and scripting is a lot heavier than most titles, and it applies to every NPC in the game. Put a lot of them together, it slows the game down.

Do people not actually read posts any more is that the new bit?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yes, that's the official line. But absolutely nothing I've seen in my 25 hours is so next level poo poo that mere mortal computers just can't handle it.

Obviously it's a conspiracy then, instead of a simple magnitude issue /s

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 21, 2024

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Khanstant posted:

If denuvo were clever they'd make the download shared versions have denuvo but paying customers get the clean version.

Someone would have to buy it first to make a pirated copy so how would that even work?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Shyrka posted:

wtf is this gacha poo poo?

How hard is it gonna be to earn rift crystals in game if they're charging real life money for them?

Also someone should let you know that this isn't what gacha means

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

How early on can you change your look? I hate my dude.

Reach the Capital and find the Rift Crystal vendor

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Is there a way to actually assign specific items to the quick-use d-pad menu or does the game just decide for me what I want to have there?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Everybody shut the gently caress up the best mod is here

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/239

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ShadowMar posted:

the lack of any difficulty and unfinished nature of this game becomes very apparent when the wandering pawns that scale to your level can just go around soloing boss monsters at around level 70-ish so now you dont even get to play the game anymore lol

I've not seen this at all except when returning to low-level enemy areas after getting a load of levels under my belt, wandering pawns are constantly eating poo poo to anything that isn't a basic bitch cyclops

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Imagine thinking a Video Game has a ROI, what a loving world we live in

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

It's already something special and great for a lot of us as it is.

I'm getting to experience everything I loved about the first game all over again without the need for Eternal Sunshine technology. That's worth my money

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Magic spearman isn't for doing damage, it's for looking fancy and turning your team permanently invulnerable for some reason.

Without the bubble skill, it would be an absolutely worthless class

Unsure what game you are playing but this is the Dragon's Dogma 2 thread and we are talking about Mystic Spearhand which is a blender

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, a blender with a blade like a wet noodle

Skill issue, truly

Upgrade your weapon or something

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Kefa posted:

What’s the motivation behind exploring then? I’d get it if the caves all looked different but they’re all the same pretty much.

Seeing the world, filling out the map, finding set pieces and things that aren't a big treasure box

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Kefa posted:

That’s my problem with open world games I guess. Just filling out the map doesn’t do it for me. Or it does initially but stops being fun after 10-15 hours. But that’s on me I get that.

Well sure, the other stuff needs to be there as well.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

I have to agree with Kefa to an extent because when you look at an image of the entire thing filled out, there are huge areas that you just can't go into, like blocked off mountain tops or mostly ocean. When combined with a map of hidden items and chests there are large regions with nothing to see.

OK

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

If it doesn't stop, it certainly becomes inconsequential cause I think it's been a few weeks IG of me running around at this point without a single change

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

she got filtered

It's incredibly sad to see it happen

I know "haha youtubers lying for clickbait" and all but Sterling was one of the holdouts against that sort of poo poo for so long. Being intentionally caustic for attention, sure, but not bold faced lying about poo poo. She fell the gently caress off.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Not really. I stopped watching them when they blatantly lied in a video about Devil May Cry 5 and Shadow of War.
That's hardly the first time.

Hm, well that sucks

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

That shield for Spearman is so dumb, because it really is just an "invincible forever" button, as long as you remember to keep it up.
I have no idea how it made it past QA

Iunno about you but I like to play the game instead of having to stop to hit a shield spell every 5 seconds, that thing has MISERABLE uptime to be talking it up like that

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

It's literally "my character and every ally nearby is immune to all damage and all status effects" the competing moves other classes have are all "enter a stance and if something directly hits me from head on in the window I counter/block it," and/or massive stamina drains.

The bubble can fully negate the need to bring tanks and/or healers. I think all of that outweighs having to push a different button every 5 seconds in your rotation.
I can see someone saying it makes combat that's already not a challenge boring, or that it's completely unbalanced, but it's just bananas to say people are hyping it up too much.

It's pretty bananas hyping to me, cause you're making your gameplay experience complete poo poo in exchange for it

Endgame: Unmoored world really needed more of those Brine bosses to fight, they're the only things that gave a reasonable amount of crystals.

Also, what's the credit scene like for the Elf Town if you rescue it? My quest to fix their stupid tree failed as soon as I started it so I couldn't rescue them at all and MY credit scene was just an overhead shot of a completely empty Elfville

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Owl Inspector posted:

I reloaded my inn save at the slave camp after killing the guards since it didn’t change anything and it opened the possibility of breaking some later quest. the inn save loaded with the innkeeper (and only him) already doing the panic and cower routine, running around outside in a panic as if a fight was happening while no one else cared. I’ve seen things be slightly off after reloading non-inn saves too, like downed pawns appearing in a different place than they were when the save happened. haven’t seen anything very impactful yet but there’s signs that there’s something wrong with how they’re serializing the save data or restoring it.

They remember even though the world reverts. The NPCs live in a Hell of YOUR making

I would absolutely avoid the Mavorus set of mods, his methods of enhancing difficulty are VERY hacky and can get you trapped between a save that crashes cause it decided to load up too many enemies all at once and loading your last inn visit to uninstall the mod to stop the crashes.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 12, 2024