Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Punished Turtle posted:

starting over for new thread:

01. Alexander Hamilton

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
spot in the Caribbean by Providence impoverished in squalor
grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

The Ten dollar, founding father without a father
got a lot farther by working a lot harder
by being a lot smarter by being a self-starter
by fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Tara Reade texted STOP but Biden wouldn't quit.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

this was all in a goldmined thread, here's where he tried it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021673&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post529063985

then on the next page willa figures out that leon edited her name out of his posts and the thread rockets into the stratosphere

i missed this and it is loving incredible.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

that stupid p.o.s. chait nymag piece proves me correct on everything I've ever said about secret government control of social media bc he's making the case that petitioning the government for redress is not only breaching :decorum: but comes close to what he defines as domestic terrorism.

that has nothing to do with trump or musk & you've got to be a loving idiot to not see the signs around you that the government is making a case to control online speech, and that leftists are as much of a target for it as the right.

Yep, the internet is pretty much dead at this point. Pretty sad tbqh.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

but it goes beyond the internet bc chait is talking about the NERVE of protestors to interrupt high-dollar fundraisers & the important business of legislating & then he attempts to link the anti-zionist actions with Jan. 6 protestors--er "insurrectionists"--which as I've pointed out was a fortuitous op to criminalize & punish all protests & brand them as "domestic terrorism."

oh agreed, the internet part just bums me out the most

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

literally the only two times in recent history goons have said I'm too old to be spending my time owning goons are lyin' leon & mcmagic, who happen to be the two goons I've most often owned. :iiam:

People have been calling you old on this site for so long they're all now all around the age you were when you first started posting here!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

No one actually likes the new Beyonce album. The good reviews are out of touch liberals and the hoi polloi are mostly clowning on that Jolene cover.

The good doctor just won my vote

It reminds me of when Garth Brooks inexplicably decided to be the brooding Chris Gaines and the media was all infatuated with it while normal people at best tolerated it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1777875666483998879

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Clip-On Fedora posted:

There is no point and there's nothing to understand, it's just stupid drivel.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [Succ] There is no point and there's nothing to understand, it's just stupid drivel

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Gore would have 100% invaded Afghanistan. I don't think he would've invaded Iraq just because he wouldn't have had the project for a new american century neo cons in his administration who had a hardon for Saddam for the previous decade.

Gore wouldn't have invaded anyone because he would've been immediately impeached and maybe executed for willingly, recklessly, and negligently allowing the American's homeland to be attacked.

Lieberman would have attacked Afghanistan and Iraq and probably Iran.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

VitalSigns posted:

I remember the argument also went something like: there's no naturally-occurring blue color in the world, so ancient people were never exposed to blue and thus never developed language for it or even the ability for their brains to process it. Like the experiments where you blindfold a baby monkey or whatever and then it's never able to see properly because it had no visual stimulus when its brain was developing. So humans only gained the ability so see blue once blue pigment was invented and we started painting things blue and so on.

But...like...there is blue in nature. Bluebonnets, bluejays, blueberries, turquoise, sapphires, lapis lazuli, the sky?

If people didn't see blue, why were blue pigments from Afghanistan so prized in the ancient world, wouldn't they just look like any cheaper wine-dark pigment you could get at home? How did rare expensive blue pigments even get invented in the first place if no one needed them or could distinguish them from wine? Why do we find evidence of blue paint on ancient Greek buildings like the Parthenon (OK it was 5th century BC and Homer was 8th century, so were those 300 years the critical ones when people started seeing blue?) But even then you can find blue tiles from the 30th century BC in Egypt soooo

That type of bullshit is interesting to think about, like the plot of Pontypool is interesting to think about, but lmfao that people would actually consider it as a real theory or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Wow, she must have been saving almost every dime from her congressional salary to be able to give over a quarter of a million dollars.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If inflation would be worse with Trump as president that implies the President has the ability to influence inflation. Thus the terrible inflation we are enduring under Biden is a choice on his part not something out of his hands.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nanomashoes posted:

Imagine if Kamala inherits ww3 from Biden.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'd like to announce that I am also closely monitoring the situation in the Middle East via posts in C-SPAM while I play Elder Scrolls Online. I, along with the rest of the citizens of Tamriel do not stand with the people of Israel and would like to add dti and dta. Thank you. Watch this space for further updates.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bernard! Don't be a tuna head!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

americans think back to 2020, year of the pandemic, and say to themselves, those were our *good* times...

In 2030 we'll look back at 2024 as the good times.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nichael posted:

even if we elect "the right" (blue team) people:

What you don't remember the massive outrage of the american people and protests breaking out in every major american city asking-- no, DEMANDING-- that Congress act immediately to ban TikTok in order to safeguard our freedom and privacy?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

WampaLord posted:

https://twitter.com/demorants/status/1779715388298650046?t=RV5hIRsNhS6O6sCThdJKoA&s=19

LOL so many Americans are brain poisoned in this incredibly specific way where they think every vote is the one that decides the election.

Can't even vote third party in NY, what if that's the vote that elects Trump?!?!?!!?!?!

I want to see the map where Trump winning New York is the deciding factor in the election.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I have to stick around here until THE SUN EXPLODES? loving bullshit.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Michael, Stanley, Meredith, Angela, Ryan, Kelly, and secretly Pam would all vote for Trump.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Joementum posted:

i promise you that i'm not posting this in the wrong thread

https://twitter.com/people/status/1777820792505458738

I clicked through. And, wow that is certainly something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Grapplejack posted:

Michael Scott gets called racist and writes in Obama to prove he isn't; this causes joe to lose pa by one vote

"Michael, what did you do!"

"Well who did you vote for Pam!?"

"... That's not relevant right now..."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

I don't remember if I cared all that much about if the 2020 debates happened but I know they were completely useless wastes of time for everyone involved. You think i give a poo poo enough about winning some dumb tit for tat flamewar with you to spend time going through 4 year old posts? lol

You have a rooting interest in the debate (for Trump) so you want to see your favorite guy own Biden.

We already know neither of them are up to the job.

I'm stunned that a liberal can't remember their opinions on something from 4 years ago.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Uncle Wemus posted:

The comedian insisted the disgraced director is innocent and those refusing to work with him are “a bunch of pussies.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-maher-to-katie-couric-woody-allen-not-a-pervert-for-baby-doll-kink

"Do you think he’s the first guy who wanted his girlfriend to dress in anklets and baby doll [dresses]? That’s what we grew up on, that’s what we find sexy…that doesn’t make you a pervert."

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

HallelujahLee posted:

baquack obamailure

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

RadiRoot posted:

biden going to do something very stupid soon

I finally catch up to the end of the thread and I'm just in time for War??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sad that Joe Biden couldn't remember within a number of years when his uncle was eaten by cannibals.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/jewstein3000/status/1780590066978468134

I think about “Havana Syndrome” a lot and maybe that’s because of my experiences. I was immediately made sick from the air around Ground Zero and told it was safe and to return to work. I never recovered. 1/

Since then I have had such severe chemical sensitivity that I’ve had to move constantly and I’ve been gaslit every single time I’ve pointed out gas leaks, mold, pesticide (and where I could, I’ve always been proven right). 2/

I was exposed to the Dominguez Channel chemical spill in 2021 and knew right away the government was lying about it being caused by natural phenomena (and was proven right). 3/

I’ve been exposed to people feeling the need to downplay environmental exposures my whole life, even before 9/11, as a sensitive person.

With Havana Syndrome, we had people reporting similar symptoms in one building then other buildings. They had in common their employment. 4/

The CIA minimized and denied their claims. That was expected. They did the same with Agent Orange.

Yet for some reason, there is a large group of people overly focused on denying these patients who seem to think it’s a CIA-backed story. 5/

And there are people obsessed with denying the claims of people who experienced so-called “Havana Syndrome,” even though it’s a small group of people, not supported by the govt, not really affecting anyone’s lives, 6/

The point I should have led with is this: The people obsessed with denying Havana Syndrome will hide behind politics, claiming that it’s racist, that it’s a CIA story, etc.

But ultimately I think it’s just about the pleasure people get from disease denial 7/

There are whole Reddit communities around calling people fakers who say they are sick.

Tweets that claim disabled people are lying or exaggerating are almost always popular. It’s sport!! 8/

I think it comes from the internalized ableism that is at the heart of all ableism: denying disease or illness or physical weakness or sensitivities etc is a way to convince yourself that you have control over your body.

Control you don’t have! Sorry. 9/

It’s connected to the Door Dash discourse: leftists claimed they cared so much about workers they had to deny the experience of disabled people who said they needed their food delivered.

But that was a cover.

These same labor activists had nothing to say about consuming produce from exploited farm workers, admitted to eating in restaurants where workers disproportionately died of Covid, etc.

The discourse became almost entirely about how the disabled people had to be lying.

And not surprisingly some of the Doordash folks also think it’s fun to mock Havana Syndrome.

This is why political allegiance is meaningless to most marginalized groups. We see how you use the rhetoric of politics to play your favorite game: punching down.

I also think it’s fallen out of favor on the left to deny Long Covid (though people like Natalie Shure still do) because it’s so widespread and there’s no political cover for it. They can’t claim it’s a fiction by the govt.

So that’s where Havana Syndrome stepped in.

But it’s still popular on the left to deny chronic Lyme, despite major institutions like Johns Hopkins establishing centers to investigate and treat it. And other rare illnesses.

At best, the deniers will hide behind “Big Pharma” to create a political cover story for ableism.

FYI dunno for sure the cause of “Havana Syndrome,” but the US has been developing microwave radiation technology since at least the Cold War and there were examples of known tests of it in the year before Havana Syndrome was named.

I'm excited for the new front opening up in the Culture Wars: Havana Syndrome Acolytes vs. Doordash Drivers.

Tell me you wouldn't watch that Celebrity Deathmatch episode

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

:wow:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol that the only juror to get their news from msnbc also gets their news from fox

https://twitter.com/jmhorp/status/1781489549354356849

lol that nu-twitter and truth social have the same popularity.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Beached Whale posted:

yeah this trial is already over

I respect a guy who understands there's 3 sides to every truth. People who work for Donald Trump, people who used to work for Donald Trump, and Donald Trump.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Yinlock posted:

because biden is just an empty suit they project all their hopes and dreams onto, it doesn't matter what he actually says

also if biden's too old that means i'm wrong, thought discarded

Obamailures were shameful scum. Bidailures are debased freaks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Trabisnikof posted:

everyone is doing poop stories. trump pooped in court and biden pooped in the vatican.

Trump is pooping in court, Biden is pooping in the vatican. I’m pooping on Robert Mueller and the rule of law!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Joementum posted:

how does the DCCC still manage to convince two or three of these type of guys to lose every two years?

https://x.com/ike4co/status/1771212681334145467?s=46

OMG! The male stripper for the bachelorette party just arrived!!!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Joementum posted:

btw, i called that guy an animated recruitment poster.... and then i visited his website

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

and those sephardic jews were eaten by cannibals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm concerned that reports of me standing over the dead body with a bloody knife in my hand runs the risk of creating the impression that I'm a murderer. And that could feed into some false and damaging perceptions.