Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm finally getting into Super and have been bingeing it all week

Man, the Goku Black ark is such a pace killer. There's just a lot of nothing happening over and over. Feels like watching Buu a second time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

But why does he grow red eyeshadow

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

what’s the deal with “pretty peas/peas and carrots”

I assume there’s some kinda cutesy idiom in Japanese and pretty peas works real nice as an English analogue, and then whoever worked on the dub decided that they had to do something incredibly dumb and translate it to something that doesn’t mean anything?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Is it weird to anyone else that 17/18 don’t go by their human names after the Cell saga?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I can kind of understand if the series ends, or at least takes a break, here. I mean Goku is facing off the most powerful mortal that we know of. The only place to go is him fighting Angels or something, and he should never get that strong.

Remember that 4 universes weren’t at the tournament because their average mortal level was already real high.

That’s four universes FULL of strong dudes to punch

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

At the beginning of the episode, I thought to myself "Man, Goku gets all kinds of hosed up all the time and then we get these badass shirtless Goku fights where he has tatter of his gi all hanging around his waist and Vegita never gets his outfits torn up all cool like that"

And then the episode loving delivered

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I’m pretty sure that was only because U9’s angel loving hated his universe. And maybe Grand Padre was just thinking of a funny joke at the wrong time? Like when you accidentally laugh during a funeral.

Universe 9 is nothing but nerds from top to bottom; I’d hate it too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I think that's Universe 3. Universe 9 was the shithole Universe with the Trio de Dangers.

Yeah I’m calling the werewolf Bros a bunch of nerds cause they suck. Universe 3 is literal nerds but they’re also sweet death robots so it cancels out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Momomo posted:

Considering Kale gets buff even in her normal Super Saiyan form and the other two don't, it really seems to just be a weird design decision. I put it with blue haired Trunks in that the show decided to just run with it regardless of what we would expect.

she doesn't have a normal Super Saiyan form, she has a BROLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY form

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So, in playing Dragonball FighterZ, I noticed that Recoome’s sweet Austrian Arnold-inspired voice is gone and instead he just has a looney tunes retard voice

I never went back and watched the redubs or Kai, but did they really change his voice up like that? It sounds so foreign and wrong

E: ^^ Goku’s Whis outfit looks loving stupid

Vegetal should have kept his since Bulma made it special though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

You might be confusing the official dub with DBZA or the ocean dub, who both gave Recoome a not terrible voice

e: Ocean Dub (:lol: that Goku is SO BAD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dH-VD0aQw

DBZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_M0wOpRRP4

Yeah I was definitely referencing the Ocean dub but I remember him being a bit more German-Swiss-Austrian sounding, maybe just from when his voice really bottoms out or something and associating that was Schwarzenegger

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Ravel posted:

I forgot but why didn't shin wake up beerus during the Buu saga.

Shin is fuckin stupid and doesn’t know poo poo about what his job is. Got hired and sat at a desk on his first day and nobody ever came round to tell him what he’s actually supposed to do

And then on day 2 Majin Buu ate all of his coworkers

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Future Trunks would’ve hosed up Toppo and Dyspo and they should’ve gotten Whis to go get him because he is a very good boy and I love him and Tien was useless

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Goten's only claim to fame is that he's half of the kid who's way cooler than could ever hope to be.

Let’s be real, Gotenks is like an 80-20% split in Trunks’s favor

Maybe Piccolo should kidnap Goten and then he’d be cool

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Trunks was my favorite character like as soon as I went on the internet and found out he existed and as the Frieda saga went I was more and more excited thinking that Namek was gonna wrap up any day now and Vegeta’s kid with a sword was gonna maybe show up and one time I threw a half-tantrum because I had to go grocery shopping with my mom when DBZ was on and it was like, the third episode of Goku being super saiyan BUT TRUNKS MIGHT SHOW UP IN TODAYS EPISODE
E: whoops hit post before I was done

Sockser fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 18, 2018

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I’d probably hate SSJ4 less if it wasn’t called SSJ4 and had its own name the way UI does or SSG does

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It irks me that there isn’t a name for Vegeta’s blue bullshit mode

Give it a name damnit

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

When Jiren says he wants something beyond strength, he means that he wants to gently caress good

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

So, Goku had that which was beyond strength this whole time.

How ironic.

I said gently caress good

Goku is totally an awful lay

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

11:

12/13:

Also 12/13:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Goku's Whis gi looks a whole lot better with the blue undershirt

the half-hip guards on Vegeta's whis gi look stupid though

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Is preordering a cleaning spray a normal thing in Japan?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder how frustrating it must be to fight Goku right now.

"Okay, he's strong but.. okay his hair is yellow but I'm still strong.. okay it's spikier yellow, still str... REALLY long yello... red? Blue? Blue AND Red? Black again but his eyes look fun.. oh and now it's silver. Motherfucker."

"Oh, now his hairline is receding. Is this the true power of Goku Calvo?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

But wouldn't Goku's instinct to dodge Hit's timeskip punches be a precursor to him unlocking UI anyway? It can be both!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kale and Caulifla and 21 are all great

Ribrianne kinda sucks and that ship has sailed

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

sassassin posted:

Did Gohan ever use weighted gear?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm watching Dragonball OG for the first time, and I'm a bit past halfway through. Tenshinhan and Yamcha's fight loving owns, and it's kind of wild to see them as top-tier guys as someone who grew up on DBZ and has always known them as jokes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

So that's Goku's RoF gi with his own emblem and an undershirt right? And Vegeta's has the Capsule logo?

Goku also has the Capsule logo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Gohan definitely looks awful and generic just like not SSJ4 Gohan

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dias posted:

Goku's hair is the P=NP problem holding us back from a successful live-action adaptation.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I thought that episode was kinda pretty very doo doo

Nothing really happened? Just loops of Goku and Jiren throwing punches while people talk over it, for about 15 minutes

And then Goku Blanco happened and that was rad

But like, there's two episodes left, how you gonna waste most of an episode doing nothing, cmon

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

How come Goku flashes his dick all the time in Dragonball

but we never get to see his hog in Z?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's not only that. Goku being trained by increasingly strong masters helped, sure, but there's also a fact that's pointed out by the series itself (by Whis right now): Goku knows how to train, Vegeta doesn't. Rather, Goku knows when to stop: he takes regular breaks instead of pushing himself when it would give no further results. Vegeta constantly tries too hard and ends up loving himself over.

Basically, it's a double thing: Goku had great masters, but even beyond punching better, Master Roshi taught him to rest (I tried searching for the Turtle School motto but couldn't find it, but you know, train well, sleep well, etc.). Vegeta trains alone until he meets Whis, and thanks to that, his training discipline is all kinds of hosed up.

Also this is completely disconnected from that but I had to share it because it is cute:

https://twitter.com/db_kansou/status/971227404793507841

poo poo, any excuse to post it, I guess

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Welp, guess I’m dipping out of this thread for the next three weeks then

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i love tienshinhan, and respect him as the strongest human.

Triclopses aren't humans, idiot

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

hosed up how there's been so much power creep that Shaggy Rojo isn't even on a tier any more

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Man that episode was so loving good

God drat

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I ain't no sort of Spanish guy, but I can gather most of what's going on here, look how big the gatherings were, here's some text, here's some memes

But one of those memes features Wade from Kick Buttowski, a disney channel cartoon from the late 2000s. Is Kick Buttowski mysteriously popular in Latin America as well?
Or is this a Shaggy Rojo thing?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Abridged Tien is pretty rad

Regular Tien is pretty lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007