Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Maybe it'll reveal it's not Eternity and this will expose that there is a large but limited number of Aquariums all jammed together.

Can’t wait to battle the Arbitrarily Large Number Devil, who has all the combat prowess of a maths professor but you need to kill him 8E+54 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I like how explicit it is that you don’t need to own something to weaponise it, you just need to *feel* like you own it.

So a cat would be the most flexible (automatic sense of ownership over everything) but also weakest (pathologically incapable of feeling guilt) contractor for the war devil.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
He said “worst case scenario”. It may not be representative of a typical experience!

The worst case scenario of eating a peanut is death.

(Peanut Allergy Devil: Does absolutely nothing to 99.5% of people, death touch vs remaining 0.5%).

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I (17F) visited my sorta-boyfriend’s (17M) apartment for a mummy movie date. We started making out, then his sorta-sister / sorta-friend roommate (??F) came in and shot me in the head with some kind of chain. What does this mean?

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
A punishment could be anything, if could even be a gun.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I love the Peak Cope monologue from Asa. It’s an excellent page.

Ruflux posted:

I don't really agree with the proto-Makima comments. Nayuta acts like a little brat and has far more in common with Power in that sense and is nowhere as manipulative as Makima or anything. In fact her control over both the dogs and Denji is shown to be woefully incomplete (failing to keep one of them from trying to eat her food) and it really doesn't look like she has much interest in anything other than controlling Denji at best.

Incredibly funny that Nayuta can control people and force them to behave like dogs, but cannot control dogs.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think there is any reason to assume Yoshida has a more favourable contract with Octopus than a lot of pubsec hunters have with Kon. Aki mostly only has to give some skin for every summon and occasionally hair.

Brb, trading my dandruff for great cosmic power.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Hey, you. Yes, you. I agree with you and your thoughts.

He's affirming my values!

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

wokow6 posted:

One thing I find interesting to think about is that most of the cast are all peers with the main character in this part, while in Part 1 Denji was surrounded by adults who held authority over him.

What is this Power erasure.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
All’s fair in love and me

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
It’s the social anxiety devil.

Talking to another person for 30 seconds? Welp, guess I’ll just die. :rip:

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The Nobody Laughed At Your Joke But Everyone Laughed When Someone Else Repeated It Louder Devil

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
20 people jump off a building

Goons: What kind of devil is this?!??

Death
Despair
Hopelessness
Suicide
Powerlessness
Resignation
Surrender
Heights
Failure
Nihilism
Change
Impulse
Rejection
Chaos
Defeat

Fujimoto: Hello, I’m the falling devil!

cuntman.net posted:

lol no one considered the obvious answer for what devil it is

I’d say ‘Heights’ gets partial credit.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Falling devil: Yo, remember opening the door for Power?
Denji: gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Falling Devil: Yo, remember the time you got a winning popsicle?
Denji: Hell yeah, that was rad. When was that again? Oh yeah! It was just after... oh. :( *gets launched into space*

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
If they reincarnate on the spot, into a weaker incarnation with no memories and no understanding of what’s happening then chances are they just get killed twice and get sent to the other place anyway.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Chainsaw Man: A measly million yen can’t buy an aquarium you moron

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
It’s more head-to-head than toe-to-toe.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Not to go all POWER LEVELS, but I do think Darkness Devil seemed stronger than Falling Devil. Primals are all extremely powerful, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all equally powerful.

Yes Falling isn’t really trying here, and she might start crushing Denji in a moment. But it’s actually a fight.

Whereas vs Darkness there was a crack devil hunter team + Makima and all they could do was bravely run away.

And with this whole imminent apocalypse arc it sort of makes sense that they would start with the ‘weakest’ of the primals and work their way up to the even more dangerous ones.

And obviously Nayuta is severely weakened compared to Makima. Makima had a dozen different devil contracts she could call upon, Nayuta has some doggos. Adorable yes, invincible no.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The Burning Devil has adsorbed the souls of a billion fried moths and anything it touches is set aflame.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Falling: Nooooooo, you cant just lobotomise yourself to remove your trauma

Denji: Hahahaha, chainsaw goes bdroomdroomdrooomdrooom.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
On the 3rd page.

If Asa is falling upwards and Falling Devil is the same orientation as Asa, then is Falling randomly hovering upside down just for the vibes?

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Fake Chainsaw Man
1-Seemingly has the same main battle form as Denji (2 long chainsaws coming out of his arms, third chainsaw coming out of his head).
2-Knows who Asa is
3-Has their head and upper body obscured by Falling Devil.

So is it possible that the fake formed a contract with Pochita before Denji hybridised with Pochita? How else would they have the same power set as Denji. And is it possibly someone we might recognise if we could see all of them?

But it doesn’t seem like they have a sword so it’s probably a different person than the one who gave Denji blood to revive him.

Also Falling Devil has been bdroomed in the back and had 12 metres of intestines pulled out of her, but apparently is still scary enough for a bunch of devils to chase chainsawman around rather than risk angering her.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
There’s clockwise Chainsaw Man and anti-clockwise Chainsaw Man.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Fami also dealt critical damage to Yoshida’s wallet by ordering 7 of every dessert.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Death accidentally killed themselves whilst testing out their powers.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
So the Chainsaw Man videogame is going to have a kicking rad vehicle section

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Asa yelled “Denji spinal cord sword” before, and absolutely nothing happened.

Denji might just think she shouts weird goofy stuff for no reason every now and again.

Denji was there when Asa turned an aquarium into a spear and killed the eternity devil. But he was also heavily distracted playing with penguins so might not have noticed.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Scholtz posted:

This thread after a chapter shows a mysterious devil/power: :derp: Speculation time :supaburn:

This thread after a chapter shows a mysterious devil/power and directly asks what devil it is: :tootzzz: Hmm what's up with that bike :thunk:

We don’t want to guess 57 esoteric concepts then it turns out the answer is The Giant Tentacles And Turning Your Arms Into Hammers Devil.

We’ve learnt our lesson.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Jerkface posted:

this is clearly the "I'm the baby, gotta love me" devil

Can't unsee this now.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Vise the Stompy posted:

Interesting confirmation this chapter Seems there is a form of possessiveness or perception of the target that ties the horseman powers together. Control needs to look down on the target to control. Famine needs them to feel starving to use them, and I bet this extend beyond physical hunger . Finally, War needs to feel affection or fondness towards the item to turn it into a weapon. Its an interesting connection between them. Will be curious to see how Death fits in this. I also wonder if Plague might still be a factor and "replace" Control similar to how is replaced Conquest in the pop-cultures perception of the Horsemen.

War and Control’s powers rely on their own perception. But I don’t think that applies to Famine.

Famine can control the starving, but starving is a personal state. If I don’t eat all day then I feel starving - it doesn’t depend on external factors or other people’s perceptions.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not quite. War can turn anything they believe they own into a weapon. The weapon is more powerful depending on affection.

I thought the potency depends on guilt rather than affection.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

If they were serious about making Denji agree to this why would they let Nayuta go early.

Because it’s a very stupid plan and they’re idiots.

Yoshida - “Denji is a pushover that’s been constantly manipulated by everyone his entire life. It’s gonna be so easy to get him to do what I want, when I threaten him a little. I mean most of the people who manipulated Denji ended up dead, but I’m sure it’s gonna work out for me.”

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

One of the underrated strengths of CSM is that it really does feel like a dying world. It makes me uncomfortable to think too much about. Every attempt to retain any kind of normalcy can be so easily shattered when a Chef Demon can just kill everyone you know at the grocery store.

The Chef Demon was unfalteringly polite to people inside the grocery store, it’s everyone else that died.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Cephas posted:

Every character with a plan has failed in the face of Denji's stupidity and impulsiveness, so I think the Devils are on to something

Everyone has a plan until they get Chainsawed in the face.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the most obvious explanation here is that whoever is behind yoshida controls the fake chainsaw man. so having the real one running around being himself would gently caress the whole thing up.

That’s a reasonable assumption, but it doesn’t fit with the fake chainsaw man helping Denji + Asa get out of hell and escape the falling devil. So it seems like there’s probably 2 fake chainsaw men, with different objectives.

Also of interest is fakesaw man saying he was created by the Justice Devil.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Are Fami and Yoshida actively working together now then? Since they are both contributing to Operation Get Denji To Sit On His rear end. The fake chainsaw man on TV even looks like it could possibly be Yoshida to me.

And I guess the next question is when does one of them inevitably backstab the other

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Finally Denji has learned to... oh no he hasn’t.

Guy really can’t catch a break. Every girl he dates wants to kill him, even the girl that doesn’t want to kill him still wants to kill him.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I have combined the powers of the world's wickedest devils to make the most evil creature of them all.

Turns out it’s man the Japanese Prime Minister

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I guess Pochita must’ve eaten the Sound Devil for this to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

trained by Kishibe to become a ninja and this is what he uses it for

I have nothing but respect for God’s horniest soldier.