Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
What's cool in jrpg if the only ones i haven't bounced off in years are replaying 10 and 10-2?

mysterious loyall X posted:

its cool but it has absolutely the worst combat of any game ever made. this is not a joke

it's cool that witcher 2 geralt can only pregame potions and they expire during dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I will confess I was a little cold on it after galopolis, almost put it down. Now I just finished the spider boss and what a rush. Imps have my trust from now on.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol *repressing the undoubtedly 500+ cumulative hours in my life I've spent tapping Confirm on every barrel, stool and clock in every JRPG ever made to see if it has a potion* Lol!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
everything posted about it sounds cool as hell.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

the world map of SaGa Scarlet Grace is starting to get littered with post game superbosses but I can't tell when the game would even end in the first place I'm in JRPG purgatory send help

sounds like jrpg heaven to me. i'm stoked to start saga games, going to start with the frontier remake then scarlet grace.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
oh i posted already

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
he looks badass. i hope i never meet him irl.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
is anyone else planning on playing saga frontier remastered when it launches? i'm pumped to both play and post about it. saga games sound cool

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
having a cool time in SaGa : scarlet grace. no idea what's going on. ten hours in i read a tip that defending for a turn gives you more speed the next turn. read the tips, everyone.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat betrayl at krondor so now i'm going to play might and magic worlds of xeen which is a combination of might and magic 4 and 5 in ONE huge game and you can explore BOTH worlds WHENEVER you want. epic. i never played the old mm games before except mm6. thanks

i've never played a might and magic game but i've looked into this and it seems like the tightest poo poo of all time.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
god drat that owns. might try some M&M after i finish ff12 for maximum whiplash

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i had a super epic day playing legend of mana four years ago and then nocturne killed my ps3. so fuckin pumped to get back to it, it was a total friggin blast

is this a remaster or port. legend of mana is kind of all rough edges even though i love it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
that's enough lol i could barely hold out anyway.

honestly the first 'breathtaking' game i played. gorgeous design, super thoughtful worldbuilding. it's one of a kind.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

only real gameplay change apart from save anywhere is tht you can turn off random encounters. they said that s specifically to make the running around maps trying to find an npc parts better

also a good change, lot of legwork in this game and the combat is pretty charmless compared to literally every other aspect of the game.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Arpeggio is just the Italian word for RPG

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

thanks fellas

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it's an all time comfy game for sure. cool cast, too.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
p4's restraint is it's biggest strength. the pared down murder mystery suits the s-link system a lot more than p3's goal, killing the moon i think.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
same. it's so cool knowing the antagonist is working to advance their goals while you're trying to stop them, feel like everything is moving forward even when the game is pretty relaxed.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
and five is the insane and cool one

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
honestly skip two if you're annoyed like two hours in, it's not much better than one and way worse than three.

starting three tonight...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

the encounter rate is too drat high

it will leave you in tears if you accidentally go the wrong way, which you will.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

just started 4, it owns

yes it does. started 3, soundtrack is all bangers.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
yes he's also a dog

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

games with small tittied babes piss me off. arnt even babes in my book

ppl are scared to say this but they're all thinkin it (staying neutral here)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

imagine if phanto from smb2 was a big titty goth babe.

this trick works on most characters. have fun imps ;)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

because otherwise arf will gently caress you up.

learned this the hard wayh

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

started playing Wild Arms 3 and it seems pretty awesome, even if battles a bit too slow. felt the same way about 1 and 2 but still really enjoyed them. the style is so awesome, the jump to ps2 looks amazing.

it's extremely sick. the cast is all great, the music is great. but yeah it's very slow, though i played it when i was in middle school and could play any jrpg for 10 hours at a time so i might not remember so good. also i was big into trigun at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvoueEiVyWE

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i only ever rented it so i have no idea how far in i ever was, but it felt like a super long game. i'm a little intimidated by older jrpgs after dq11 made all my dreams come true.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

it doesn't seem too long, but def longer than 1 or 2. I also think the in game timer is off though, like it doesn't count during cutscenes and dialogue and such.

it also constantly displays your time played in the bottom left hand corner and it's kind of tacky and distracting lol. Weird game.

did you notice the intro changes as you progress? love that kind of thing

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fixins posted:

Why is Castlevania in a rpg book

yeah, twisted...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

speaking of castlevania, has anyone seen this? He has it running on an actual genesis too, pretty wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDF03AFBlNY&t=300s

Woah cool

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It feels like a prototype of automata in a lot of ways.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Automata is so good some theorize drakengard is boring and annoying on purpose as an anti war statement.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I nearly lost my mind when you get to the sea monster in B route, and instead of hijacking the coastal defense cannon and blasting the monster like in A route, 9S says he needs to calibrate the aiming systems on the cannon and you do the hacking game again

Fair. I was enjoying the narrative enough at that point to play a bunch of asteroids in 2019 though.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Cloud: Huh, turn over Barret, get a clean slate. Wow. Sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I have a better one. How about... I activate the tutorial finger, highlighting the nearest exit to a save point, and I use the PHS to switch party members.

Reno *clicking a checkbox*: Ah, but Mr Strife, what good is a PHS if you are unable to speak.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bump_fn posted:

i 100%ed the saga frontier remaster and now im on the legend of mana remaster and god i hope they keep doing this with weird psx rpgs. id love a remaster of parasite eve or front mission 3 or chrono cross...

Breath of Fire 5 remaster :pray:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TitS 2 and 3 are on sale on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I wanna know what you paid for this Genji gear! Oh my God! A thousand gil?! You paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear?! Alright, fine. I’m walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand gil for this Genji gear, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! Alright! I’ll tell you what, if you don’t say anything in the next five seconds, I’ll know it was over a thousand.

Lol