Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
CJ died from gamerfuel induced diabetes in 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At least the haze in San Andreas was fitting due to all the smog of LA at the time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love the display on the OLED switch. They price was a bit a shock, but once you get past that, it's great. The battery lasts a long time too. If anyone still has a launch switch, I would say it's worth upgrading for the screen and battery life alone. If you don't play portable, don't bother.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Yeah and if switch 2 is cart based, there's a good chance it will be backwards compatible. Another advantage of physical games!

Please just add a notch to switch 2 games like the 3DS.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

bowmore posted:

Where are these, please tell me now

https://www.etsy.com/listing/790857657/miniature-nintendo-switch-game-storage

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At least you're not the goon who was selling their switch every time they finished a game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh no. I just opened up some of my switch game cases and nothing but dust and ash fell out. I've been living a lie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RCarr posted:

Is Picross like Sudoku or something? Is that a decent comparison?

Trying to figure out if I’d enjoy it.

Sort of. The left side and top side of the puzzle will have numbers which tell you how many dots are in a group in that column or row. So if a row has "2 4 5" on the left, that means there is a group of 2 dots, a group of 4, dots, and a group of 5 dots. But it does not tell you where they are int he row, but they will appear in the order listed. So it's not a group of 2, then 5, then 4, it is only 2, 4, and 5. To figure out where the dots are, you can either determine that there is only one possible configuration and fill those in, or you use hints from other columns or rows to figure out that there has to be a dot in one spot, because of this column, or this row can not have a dot in this spot, which means this column doesn't have anything in that spot either, and then now you can fill in some dots based on that. It's a logic puzzle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think Pirate Captain is talking about when you have two rows combined and a regular number on the end, and then a blob next to it. On the row that has the regular number, you can go to the adjacent row it is combined with and then blank out that many squares, because you know the blob can't touch the line, so none of those squares can be filled in. The blob being the number that applies to both rows.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

American McGay posted:

The hardest Mega puzzles are ones with intersecting mega lines that leave total ambiguity over everything.

I finish a lot of the big mega puzzles by just filling in spaces that have two intersecting blobs that are each like 11 and 13.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Did she lick it? That's critical to getting maximum enjoyment out of switch cartridges.

The denatonium benzoate unlocks the pathways in your brain that let you enjoy Switch games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

So I just started Breath of the Wild for the first time and like 2 hours in it just turns into a really boring tedious hunting simulator? This poo poo sucks.
For those who have played it, does it
A. Get better from here?
B. Is this hunting and cooking stuff a big part of the game or can I just ignore it for the most part like all the Ratatouille stuff in Kingdom Hearts?

You don't have to hunt at all. Like others said, the food can be used to give you various stat buffs, but you don't have to do any of that. If you just collect things you see along the way, you can cook up some simple things that give you hearts, or just carry around fairies.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Link's teeth should have durability. Then during the late game, when you've broken all his teeth, you can only restore health with soft foods.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What even was the last game they talked about? It was so boring I didn't even see a name. Why did they decide to end on that? What a joke.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Most likely. The time to release them is right now to keep people occupied until May. They definitely aren't going to release them next year when they will want people buying TotK.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

is it weird to think goldeneye is legitimately one of the best bond films? like i'm fairly sure it's at least top 3 for me, if not the top. and that's not just because of the game or anything. like the film is just super well done and the epitomy of bond in my eyes. it really straddles the line perfectly between the super hokiness of the older bonds and the super seriousness of the newer ones.

I think it just hits a nice sweet spot. It's new enough that a lot of the weird misogyny from the older films is fading away, but it's not taking itself super serious like the modern bond films do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Morpheus posted:

I am consistently impressed by how good those tags are.
Aren't they just using a SBC like a raspberry pi or esp32 or whatever acting as a bluetooth controller and then running a script that draws each pixel?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can just admit that you're not good at the mega puzzles, you don't have to make up excuses.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Framboise posted:

I've got no real horse in the race since I don't care about the movie, but I'll always be perplexed as to why Charles Martinet was not cast as Mario's voice actor by default, and replaced with Crisp Rat, no less.

I think that Mario voice only works in quick snippets. It would get annoying constantly hearing it for a whole movie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I played the demo during some steam event, it was pretty fun.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If and when you eventually get sick of combat in Tunic, you can turn on no fail mode or whatever it's called where you don't take damage, and can just hit things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Too many Skyrims, they should release a New Vegas w/ mods on Switch

You want your switch to burn down?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

What happens when you plug the Deck's USB-C into the Switch's USB-C?

Depending on how they are configured, one will probably negotiate to charge off the other.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What changed in the last two minutes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

American McGay posted:

I cleaved his head from its spine in real life.

Thank you for your service.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the only way to get to groups by scrolling all the way to the right, clicking all games and then hitting L?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Walla posted:

$7,000 Is about $35,000 today. Not great money but not exactly a pittance, especially since Harrison Ford was only paid about $10,000. But most people were raked over the coals for the first Star Wars, except for Guinness and Hamill and Daniels.

Was that the thing where people were promised profits from Star Wars and then there's been creative accounting ever since to make it so Star Wars has never made a cent of profit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Is this really a thing? Wonder why they were blocking so many people.

I remember when the person was banned, the message was something like "clippin coupons and blocking people" and I think they only posted in the coupons forums and were blocking anyone they didn't want to deal with.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I choose to believe that one of the grandkids wanted to be Mario, and he wouldn’t let them.

Obviously, Mother and I will be the two main characters. You children can choose from the ancillary cast.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do the switches connect over bluetooth or wifi? That just seems really weird.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

hatty posted:

it has too many, they should delete ten of them

I would run the Switch Trump style. For every new RPG they have to delete 2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Amazon, this better be a loving joke

I just got this, and I'm pissed, royally pissed.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It has been mentioned but since I specifically taught stuff on music distribution earlier this year I was pleasantly surprised to see tapes proliferating far more than you'd think. Today's youth in Parisian suburbs aren't all that aware of them, but they seem to be very popular in certain music scenes, particularly hip-hop, and in certain parts of the world like the African continent and the Middle East since they remain easy and cheap to produce and sell at mass.

I don't buy them myself, since so few contemporary stereos play them, but I do find them to be the most charming of our old physical media and would be 100% with a revival. I don't do vinyls but I do have a healthy CD collection, since that's what I had originally and despite it all I find vinyl incredibly cumbersome and inconvenient.

It's probably just because tapes are what I had as a kid, but I'll never understand any nostalgia for them. With vinyl records, you get a unique, enjoyable sound. With CDs you get the exact audio. With tapes, you get an annoying hissing sound.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah it was a few back and forths with tech support for me, starting in the website chat and ending in email. I needed to give them my serial code and the names of the last three games I'd purchased.

They told me to put 2FA right back on once I had access to my account again, but I'm never doing that again with the Google Authenticator.

Google authenticator sucks poo poo, I use authy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Isn't it not out yet? How are people playing it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

we up to version 16 for the OS and that light ring around the home button just does nothing.

Update the firmware on your pro controller and then plug it into your PC. Other than that, you can use ring fit adventure to set an alarm that will cause that ring to light up to remind you to play ring fit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I got a split pad pro. It's pretty neat, definitely a lot more comfortable to hold the switch with it. I just wish it had any kind of rumble at all. I get they want to keep the price down, but I feel like there could be another price point with gyro/rumble.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Have you, too, been unable to dash?

What's stupid is that, in the tutorial, if you just flip the sticks back and forth a couple times, it spins up and takes off. When you do the same thing in the game, it just spins and doesn't go anywhere. I'm guessing maybe they changed it for the actual game maybe to avoid accidental dashes, but didn't update the tutorial.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I finally got my Metroid Prime yesterday. This game looks really good in places.

Khanstant posted:

I never heard much about that game programming game Nintendo made after it came out, I did watch a lot of tutorials at the start despite not buying it. Seemed still pretty tricky for mild results

It looked interesting, but I figured it wasn't going to have enough depth for me to want to mess with it like that one thing for playstation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

what game is this?

Game Garage or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did anyone say Armie Hammer yet?