Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
So is there a cockNballs ship goon guild yet? Can you use bent antennae for pubes and expand the hulls length when prepping for light speed? 3 round burst plasma gun?

This game is gonna be fun maybe.

Just watched the presentation a 2nd time and the interface looks and sounds pretty good, definitely emulating Death Strandings UI which I am very much okay with. I'm afraid they're going to target 30fps min for launch and I hope I am wrong*!

*XsX & PC should be capable of 60 or I will twitter cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I really hope the story isn’t like Skyrim, I don’t want another ‘you’re the only person in the world that can help us’ bullshit. I want to begrudgingly help people and make them pay.

Oh god is this the path to Star citizenry?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It may seem like magic, but Quantum blockchain disruptor v1.05 is very real.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

Looks like Starfield will be a 'Play Anywhere' title, so it should have cross-saves between PC and Xbox if you're on game pass.

https://twitter.com/StarfieldNews/status/1686324344102756353?s=20

Hell yes! I love having this flexibility.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Illusive Man posted:

Maybe it’s me, but I thought this was confirmed back in June.

Anyway just to check, ‘Play Anywhere’ means cross-buy as well as cross-save, right?

Yep!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

AirRaid posted:

They've shown the lockpicking minigame -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb2FJGvnAw&t=302s
(Timestamped)

It doesn't look too bad. Sets of concentric circles that you need to match notches to.

I’m the weirdo that loves lockpocking mini games. This looks fun.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How many space slaves are available at launch? What’s the coffee stand situation like?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

CLAM DOWN posted:

I can't imagine wanting space travel like Elite Dangerous in an RPG like this. I'm sorry but that poo poo was/is boring as gently caress.

They just need to copy the manual docking process, but the cowardly Howard won’t do it!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cavauro posted:

it's important to remember that full development of this game only started in august of 2020, because of the pandemic. a majority of the areas will not have anything in it except for some prefabs, including the two big cities in the game which are both on the same planet.

The trailer clearly stated this was 25 years in the making. You think Todd is just gonna come into our homes and lie to us? :flame:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

VanillaGorilla posted:

And we’re not even to the TOTK / Pikmin 4 / BG3 / Starfield GOTY slugfest yet!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

smoobles posted:

I wanna be able to open an airlock and kill 100,000 residents of a space city

You will find comfort in the Star Citizen forums.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Subjunctive posted:

If we can’t get sales numbers, what was the original assertion about best-selling RPGs based on?

Impressions? People who hovered their mouse over the icon but then didn’t click it…anything they want to really.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Can I make right wing bumper stickers and put them on my friends ships when they’re sleeping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

steinrokkan posted:

They should have foregone ALL the space stuff entirely. Just make it all abstract fast travel, who gives a crap.

Yeah, this is a rare case where fast travel is too easy. Who cares if you can customize your ship if you don’t need to use it?