Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

alkanphel posted:

"Just Dead Bones" Brook

How dare you disrespect "Soul King" Brook in such a fashion?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Turns out Luffy hates Franky

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

hatty posted:

Could Hancock have a secret demigod fruit which is why Blackbeard wants it?

Probably just that it is a clearly strong fruit in the sense its effect seems to bypass haki, maybe fruit powers, and generally everything else besides genuine disinterest.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

I think we can all agree that we don’t need anymore secret fruit reveals

I recommend you stop reading OP if secret reveals aren't your thing. End game is gonna be absolutely a PACKED with folks showing up and chortling as they reveal their secret trump cards and stuff.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah it felt more like "If I don't take her powers, the Marines will, and I sure don't want that to happen" than him plotting specifically to take the fruit like he did with the Darkness Darkness Fruit.

"My crew is too horny to allow this power to go unchecked!" - Blackbeard

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

BoosterDuck posted:

its probably your anus I mean uranus

Agree with this. I think Im either is Uranus, or controls it somehow. Makes sense that something called "Uranus" can destroy with impunity like that just firing from orbit, being named after a god who was specifically thought of as the personification of the sky. Fits the theme established by "Poseidon" being a ruler of the oceans by controlling the Sea Kings as well as being able to sink islands into the sea.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Just got around to watching Stampede the other day. Cool action scenes and animation, but goddamn was it light on story.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Turns other people into clothing.

Hey, wait a minute...

Technically it's the Wash-wash fruit so they might be sheets or other linens.

The Jacket fruit stands alone.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Chapter: Pilot the Eva, Usopp, or Kaya will have to do it again.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Finally San Juan Wolf is going to have something to do. he'll definitely be somehow involved in elbaf arc.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

Ed D. Valiant definitely died with a smile on his face.

Davi D. Carradine

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Buggy's whole deal is his organizational bullshitting skills. He is Emperor level by taking the "power of this crew" to the nth degree. His crew is, in aggregate, considered one of the strongest even if their (now figurehead) leader is a putz. Cross Guild is recognized for the danger it poses in totality, not individually.

Eiba posted:

"Not on the same level as Mihawk" is not exactly weak if you consider Mihawk is in Shanks league, who was in Whitebeard's league. I'm not saying Crocodile isn't incredibly strong, and presumably much stronger after he got a new dream right before the time skip.

That doesn't mean he's gotta be Mihawk's equal.

Mihawk was at one point Shanks-level, but that was before Shanks was a Yonko, which he only did some time after losing his arm and Mihawk losing interest in dueling him. At present in the story Mihawk is absolutely not Shanks' equal. Mihawk has ostensibly no ambition or interest in much of anything, as opposed to Shanks clearly having some as-of-yet unknown "master plan".

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Lamebot posted:

We're whalers on the moon, got slapped up here by Laboon. Now there ain't no whales so we tell laugh tales and sing this whaling tune.

:golfclap:

Think Garp about to die.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Desumaytah posted:

I'm gonna think this, too, until the second he straight up eats Blackbeard and becomes the main villain.

Just makes sense This is the time in the story to really hammer home the old generation being replaced by the new, and Luffy losing people (kind of) close to him. Further sets up conflict between Luffy and BB, and lays the groundwork for the first major war between Yonko.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Eiba posted:

One interesting point to consider- the person on Blackbeard's crew who probably knows Garp best is Kuzan. This may be an opportunity for the two "good" military men to explain (with their fists) why one continues to serve the corrupt Navy, and why the other's sense of justice brought them all the way down to serve the most vile pirates.

(Blackbeard is hardly the most vile pirate we've seen, but he's no Shanks or Whitebeard, where you could see a compassionate Navy guy just throw in with them 'cause they're basically good.)

There is no earthly way that Kuzan is not doing some deep-cover nonsense and infiltrating BB's crew for the Navy in some way.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Violen posted:

feels like ive been waiting for garps epic punch for months...

I miss Elizabello :(

Jose posted:

Garp.os currently the physically strongest person in op?

Kind of an anomalus term in a manga where a guy turned into a mountain before another guy cut him in half, but feel like the "strongest" has gotta be Burgess, right?

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 10, 2023

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Bleck posted:

Given the crazy Conqueror's stuff we saw between Roger and Whitebeard, it seems likely that anyone who could go toe to toe with either of them probably had it themselves, right? If this is where we finally see Garp go all out on somebody, are we gonna find out he has it as well?

I thought the requirement with combating conqueror's haki was more having your own sense of confidence and inner strength, not necessarily having the haki to "push back" against. If that was the case then everyone would have it to some degree.

As I wrote that it occurred to me that that wouldn't be the worst reveal in the world, but a bit bland to minimize the specialness and rarity of "conquerors" in the world. Really reduces everything and everyone to just how many midichlorians they have.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Bleck posted:

I'm not necessarily a fan of it, just predicting stuff based on how some of it appears to be. If anything I trust Oda to make it more interesting than it sounds.

I feel like that might, thematically, be a thing that eventually gets revealed - rather than "very few people have Conqueror's Haki," it might be "literally everybody has it, it's just that few people actually stumble into the conditions where they learn to use it."

There's something to be said about the fact we're pretty much exclusively dealing with insanely powerful and famous individuals. Even Garp in his old age has enough in-universe cred for Sengoku to feel the need to physically restrain him so he didn't straight up murder an admiral. If he doesn't have Conqueror's haki, he at the very least certainly knows how to combat it or he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

imo Garp's escapades are about to set off a big chain of events that will remind everyone why the policy of the Marines is to not challenge any part of an Emperor's crew without permission. Stussy was just saying a few chapters ago that a minor scuffle could lead to war. I think that build up is what's happening. I cannot wait to see Akainu react to this

Oda was on record some years back saying the final "war" will dwarf Marineford, so he has to set up the war at some point. BB is set up to be the new Rocks, so Luffy pairing up with the Marines to defeat him, followed by a fight with the Celestial Dragons, seems reasonable as an overarching plot moving forward.

Edit: Just came across an old, debunked theory suggesting that Kaido was actually a Road Poneglyph that came to life after it was fed a devil fruit. Thought I'd share. Add it to the pile of truly unhinged One Piece theories.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 10, 2023

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he was on Elbaf.

This or something involving another sky island, I think.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Does Vegapunk Vegafuck?

He's a one-man gang bang crew. Of course he Vegafucks.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Seen a lot of theorizing that "that person" vegapunk called is Scopper Gaban, the last of the Rogers "Monster Trio" who is coming out of retirement and out of hiding to protect something.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Personal property rights don't exist in Fujitora's brand of "Justice".

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah I'm thinking the bubble is all of Kuma's memories and personality, separated from himself before his "Pacifistication", and he's now been reactivated and returning to reclaim his memories after spending time gaining info while a slave.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

No Wave posted:

But a.) that was called "distorted future" as in that is not her body's resting state b.) big mom is thirty feet tall, not "bulkier" c.) child bonney has zero resemblance to child linlin, the point in a clone's life when they should look most identical. I still like the bonney is a big mom biodaughter theory though.

Big mom had a period of her life, I think when with the Rocks Pirates, where she was shown to be much leaner and more Bonny-like in appearance.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

No Wave posted:

Yes, but we've seen both as children. Child bonney has zero resemblance to child big mom. Being skinny with huge boobs in their young adult years is something 95% of women in this manga have in common.

And again, I've always liked the theory that they're related. But cloning is a different standard.

Yeah just to be clear the Big Mom clone thing is literally nothing.

I like the idea of them being related, but that's a tenuous link. Eats a lot of food, dresses in pink, has a bad attitude.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

lih posted:

clearly, this means that saturn is a relative of king neptune

The Five Elders are all going to have planetary names. Uranus is going to turn out to be a secret sixth member or something.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but what if Vegapunk and Bonney both got sucked into Kuma's memory similar to entering a Hysteria in Odyssey? Next chapter we will probably get a pseudo-flashback as they literally relive Kuma's lost memory and so will be missing until that segment finishes.

Also, this is just wild speculation, but what if when Vegapunk said that the knowledge would hurt Bonney, what if the memory is some forbidden knowledge that would make her and Kuma targets of the World Government? Either that or it's something really strange or embarrassing like Kuma got a sex change from Ivankov so he's both Bonney's mom and dad at the same time.

Kuma's Paw-Paw fruit is capable of essentially teleporting people. It's not outside of reason that maybe Vegapunk or Bonny somehow made use of that power to blast themselves off-island.

What if that big kuma-bubble is his DF powers that he pushed out of himself before becoming fully cyborged? Don't think we've seen him use it since becoming a slave to the Celestial Dragons.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

vegapunk discussed using the paw paw fruit to transmit memories with kuma in a flashback. then immediately afterward bonney found a big paw paw bubble which she was certain was not made of pain. so naturally, it was some completely different thing that had never been mentioned and not a memory bubble. nanomachines, perhaps? i bet it's nanomachines.

Devil fruits made from memories and dreams.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Bleck posted:

Related, in case people weren't aware; canon promo materials that came out with Film Red say that Shanks has a way of using Conqueror's Haki to prevent others from using Observation Haki to see what he's doing.

It was always my assumption that Shanks has, in some form, the "strongest" haki of the current cast (with a very few possible exceptions), so this would make sense that it's so strong he can use it to basically EMP other users and break their spirit to the point they can't use it against him.

Also judging by the name of Shanks' attack, has it been confirmed that he is somehow directly connected/related to the Celestial Dragons? I know he went up there to talk to them so surely there's something, but I think he might actually be one.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's Roger's move. The word, kamusari, is used in shinto myth to refer to a god dying.

Extremely rad

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Inadequately posted:

It's worth remembering that Devon, Shot, Pizzaro and Wolf are different from the rest of his crew. Blackbeard cherry-picked Devil Fruits for the rest of his crew, but those four were chosen after they survived the Level 6 Impel Down Battle Royale. The rest of his crew is still getting used to their new powers, but the four of them were already established pirates and clearly capable of using their powers to their full (and lethal) extent.

Shiryu was also in Impel down. Don't recall if he was part of the melee or just brooded in a cell off to the side the whole time.

Wolf's whole deal is real weird. Guess he's just the upgraded df of that non-canon giant fruit who could shrink and enlarge people or something? It's clear he can massively alter his own size considering he has been pictured both towering over Marineford and asleep next to a building.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

They're gonna fight because BB is about to smoke Garp to establish the stakes and further delineate the changing of the guard with the defeat of the Navy's great hero.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

How does the mechanic of Pizzaro being an island and also not being able to be in seawater work? I'm imagining he just has the upgraded version of whatever Pica's fruit is, but like... He can't actually be the island right?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

There's a piece of special floaty wood under the island

hosed up if true.

Wonder how Moria is going to figure into this. Clearly he's been kept in the story for a reason. Lol if secret 10th Captain.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Grimbe is bringing a powerful energy to the seas.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

They rush through introducing Zoro, Sanji, Ussop, and Nami in 15 minutes of episode 1, yet still only get to the Baratie set by Episode 3? What boggling pacing choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Caidin posted:

Dorry and Brogy only had 200 mil combined put together, which is sorta high but given the level of conceptual menace a giant warrior pirate crew suggests they must have been either deeply prone to inactivity or victims of massive inflation to the berri value.

They were on an island fighting each other 1 on 1 for like 100 years. Not exactly an active threat to the world by that point.

Maybe their bounties were reduced after the first decade or two in isolation.