Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Funky Valentine posted:

Luffy and Chopper both have their moms (Dadan and Kureha.)

You spelled crocodile wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Gyges posted:

At this point it would feel kind of wrong if Kuma or Bonney didn't get last shot on his rear end. Luffy would also be OK, but I really want to see Saturn eat a massive bear paw to the face.

Or become a baby. Baby Saturn just walking around confused how she managed to rob him of centuries of life.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Jose posted:

how did enel breathe in space

If you’re worried about he eats and breathes, and other science facts….lalala

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Eiba posted:

You have very good One Piece opinions.

Except for the thing about Enel. Enel's moon adventures own and they are real. Enel is the key to everything. Any day now he will crash into the middle of an unrelated arc with an army of robots and it will be beautiful.

But you're especially right about Robin so I'll let it go this time.

He'll crash on Long Ring, Long Land once they find the One Piece, thus beginning the last arc.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Zoro can read but he always has trouble following the plot

He can read maps super well but is dyslexic. Really hinders his wayfinding.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Gyges posted:

Luffy can definitely read. He probably even went out of his way to be real good at it. After all, not reading because you can't is a simple inability. Not reading because you don't want to? That's FREEDOM, baby.

How you gonna learn to fight better if you can't read the weekly Naruto comic in One Piece?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Bleck posted:

honestly can't even think about Senor Pink without tearing up

I think so much about how this guy represents señor pink. It’s just so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tl0ra7SzYI

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

PringleCreamEgg posted:

So Bonney has basically had an awakened fruit this entire time, right? She can do weird poo poo with it like distorted future and in her intro she was already making the people around her change their age.

I mean, there is a long standing trope in fiction of the power of children’s imagination. I would guess because she’s a kid that she possibly just has an awakened fruit as it seems like devil fruit need for the user to reach past reality.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Garp's flashback is just going to be him sleeping through pivotal scenes with other important characters.

Don’t forget eating meat, flickin boogs, and fixing up buildings.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Begemot posted:

Why would you want a boring story where Mihawk and Zoro don't have a sick-rear end sword fight in bed???

I fixed it.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Just give it the Gundam movie treatment and name them like Evangelion:

One Piece 0.1 - Mouth Swords Aren't Apathy
One Piece 0.2 - The Clowns Do Not Die
One Piece 0.3 - Pinnochio Has Not Yet Ascended
One Piece 0.4 - Food on the Sea but the Soul Cannot
One Piece 0.5 - Fishmen Need Navigators Too
One Piece 0.6 - Dads Break Wind for Protection
One Piece 0.7 - Backward is Forward
One Piece 0.8 - Mah-mah-maaah~!
One Piece 0.9 - GegyaGegyaGegyaGegyaGegyaGegya
One Piece 1.0 - Afros Are the Anti-entropy

PuttyKnife fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 17, 2023

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

tbp posted:

the one piece in the story is a manga, nika never existed he was a manga/comic hero that joyboy wished into being

I’m still a fan of it being a giant Afro and Long Ring, Long Land basically was a reenactment of what Joy Boy did (perverted and changed across history) since that is where freedom is the strongest.

Or it’s Binks Sake cup.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I just want to see Stephen Lang as Whitebeard, John Billingsley as Crocus, and Peter Weller as Rayleigh to round out the old men.

Who plays Doflamingo? The guy who plays Reacher?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

BrownPepper posted:

The most important casting is probably Gecko Moria. Who's the best 20 foot tall actor shaped like an upside down ear syringe?

Benecio Del Toro or Vincent d’Onofrio, maybe both if one stands on the others’ shoulders.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Brook is a puppet voiced by Mark Hamill

Laugh by Mark Hamil, regular talk by Adrian Brody.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Augus posted:

Willem Dafoe as Crocodile

No, he plays the one piece.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I was wondering if I truly had become out of touch and asked all my younger cousins about this. not a single one had even heard of the series and I mean people between 20-30. I don't think double fine games are as popular as ya think

also critically acclaimed doesn't mean poo poo really since we all know mass media reviews are basically a captured industry

Psychonauts is super popular with devs and folks in and around game dev mostly. But it has limits.

The students in my super successful University bachelors in game design haven’t heard of Myst let alone Psychonauts, visual novels, policenauts, colecovision, 9/11, gamergate, EverQuest, or any game made before they were 10 (so think about 8 years ago).

Past like 25, it starts to improve but even when those folks are graduating, the likelihood they’ve heard of any of those games is pretty much 0.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Gear 6 is just Luffy becoming a character in Read or Die.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

Oda was originally supposed to end One Piece but oh no the pen is in your hand now, he’s watching you, the whole world is watching you, for God’s sake don’t gently caress this up.

I always figured Gaimon was the One Piece. Shame he couldn’t tell them that he was “that place” and that Gol was just having a larff.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Oda’s next project is picking up where Nana or Paradise Kiss ended.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I think about the fishman arc a lot based only on this video: https://youtu.be/jawMvCuWJX0?si=hsbgJtfrGvpUtw_Y

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

I'm excited to see how much more poo poo can hit the fan now that we are back to the present at Egghead. These are the additional players that come to mind:

- The giant robot that loves the Nika drum beat
- The mystery Blackbeard ship floating around. (I'm hoping somehow Moria & Perona are involved with that since they were looking to escape during the Garp dust-up)
- Big News Morgan w/ Vivi & Wapol
- The last we saw of Miss Buckin & Marco, she was saying Vegapunk was the one that could prove Weevil's lineage
- Akainu and his desk

I love how big and interconnected the world is. Some of my favorite chapters used to be inbetween arcs when we would get glimpses of what non-strawhats were up to. Now it's almost every other chapter.

I’m waiting for Marco’s new plot use. It’s fun seeing him sort of enjoy retirement.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

His absence does seem strange given that he could easily have been with the Sword rescue mission or the Vice Admirals sieging Egghead. He has to be up to something else.

He’s not really in the marines proper anymore is he? I am curious about his activities in the G-5.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

White Light posted:

Who here is good with japan creature mythos? Just trying to figure out why Saturn can paralyze people with a glare, is that a thing that the monster he's based on can do? It is like a lore thing

I’ve been thinking about how they constantly refer to dreams. If this metaphor carries across the whole narrative, it might make Saturn a sleep demon along with all the Gorosei.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

Ive been thinking that the ancient kingdom was a kingdom of Devils for a while, if only because the WG couldnt allow Clover to even say the name of the kingdom and "Devil" is the only single word I can think of that would reveal a big secret to even a layman. Not super tight reasoning but Im not tryin to claim it is. I dont think the Gorosei have a fruit, theyre likely traitors who sided with the 20 families instead of the D clan in whatever war happened 800 years ago and are literal devils who allowed thier country and fellows to be destroyed. If the devils of the ancient kingdom themselves were hated by the sea as well it could explain why the world seems to have been flooded.

One piece is just Tel'aran'rhiod and Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

anime was right posted:

gonna effortpost some bullshit theories based off this, becuase its break week and i love being called insane:

i actually think it was called the Pirate Kingdom. everyone was truly free and their dreams could come true because of ancient technology. the current WG dubbed the pirates devils since they opposed the WG in the great war. calling it the "devil kingdom" doesnt really change the narrative that already exists. but if it was called the "pirate kingdom" it would give credence to the idea that pirates had some form of unity and keep them from infighting as they are--if all of the four emperors teamed up at once, the WG would lose so they need to keep them in disarray.

a long time ago the davy back fight originated and part of it was stealing crew members and flags. when cobra was about to get murked, he mentioned flying a specific flag. i think the whole pirate kingdom/davy back fight/flag of dawn are all heavily related. i actually think whats on laugh tale is the flag of the ancient kingdom--i shitposted a while ago about laugh tale resulting in a "jolly roger," but after what cobra said i absolutely think the flag cobra is talking about is this:

That's just Long Ring, Long Land.

I still like the theory that once Luffy gets the One Piece, they have to go back there for something, maybe to fight Imu.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Kild posted:

actually it's just Kuma's paws

Why Not Both dot Pee En Gee.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

One Piece is a remake of Sailor Moon, got it.

No, it's a Wheel of Time fan fiction mixed with Mistborn in honor of the only good books in WoT.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

anime was right posted:

there are seriously like 10000 instances where like the straw hat is used as symbolism for the dawn/sun

this is my favorite tho

my man luffy got the hat on loving 'dawn' island lmao

I seem to remember some mention that Roger got it from someone too. However, I am an old man and prone to memory crossovers.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

So I’ve been wondering whatwas where Ennies Lobby is now? It would seem, given recent events, that we kind of know where it came from now.

PuttyKnife fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 8, 2024

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Are we the baddies dot gif

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Look, every arc is the worst arc just like the next one which will be the best, worst arc. My favorite is also terrible. So is yours.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love the reveal Morgans can throwdown if push comes to shove.

And the shot of him in the OP does indeed go hard. The pose he's doing while deftly covering up Vivi and Wapol is sick.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Augus posted:

how much cocaine is big news morgan on

Cocaine is just distilled Morgan. He ate the coke coke fruit

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Imu, or...

Emu??? :tinfoil:

Oh god, it's Raftel / Laugh Tale all over again.

Or my most recent favorite, "Revelry" versus "Levely."

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Gologle posted:

Why doesn't Kuma simply push the evil out of Saturn

Because it’s all he’s got. He’s immune.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

The thing I wonder about Blackbeard pirates being there is if they’ll steal Kuma’s fruit power somehow if Kuma is on his last breath.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

And then Luffy pulls out the Afro he had from Long Ring, Long Land, looks at Brook and says, let’s ride.

No one can stand up to 2 Afros.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Jose posted:

General question but Blackbeard wants to be pirate king but also actually rule the world right? Like those things don't clash but I guess I don't see why being pirate king would be necessary or how come he hasn't attacked the world government formally until I guess whats coming

I keep waiting for Xebec to show up because I think if there are two people in Blackbeard, one of them in Xebec who wants to be king of the world whereas Blackbird wants to be Pirate King. I am guessing they didn't show all of God Valley because showing Rocks would give the game away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Eiba posted:

Oh, preferring pre-timeskip is reasonable. "Post timeskip is mid at best" is implying that Whole Cake Island and Egghead are mid and I will not abide such bad opinions!

I don’t understand this line of inquiry, really. It’s like judging a book based on each individual chapter.

Well, chapter 2 was ok but chapter 9 was mid at best. We won’t even talk about chapters 12-87.