Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
For any cord cutters out there, TNT games are available on HBOMAX this year. They're included in your MAX subscription until February, after which point it becomes a $9.99/month add-on. No idea if it'll still be included for 'free' if you get MAX through a subscription to HBO through traditional cable.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Jhet posted:

Lols, 9.99/month? For 8 games?

It's part of a whole sports add-on package so it probably gives you whatever NBA and MLB games are on TNT/TBS/whatever else they own, but I don't care about any of those sports so I don't know much about what else you get.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
They need to keep those lines in place (with the exception of rotating Vesey onto the fourth line occasionally) for at least all of October. Give them time to gel. If Laf still looks like poo poo on the RW when Nov 1 rolls around, then maybe try Cuylle there, but it's gonna take time

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

The whole line was incredible. Gallant was a moron for keeping Chytil at 2C for less than 5 seconds all year.

gettin mad all over again that we chose to throw away our season chasing the return of Panarin-Kane when we could have had Panarin-Laf at any point

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

. not just a "stand in front and hope pucks bounce off him" but actively working in and out of the net front and knowing just how to get there at the right time

yeah - I always felt that tipping in goals wasn't really a skill, it was more of a "put your stick in the shooting lane and hope for the best" move

Kreider has disabused me of that notion

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Very silly of the NHL to be promoting this 'event' tomorrow as "ZOMG ALL 32 TEAMS PLAYING ON THE. SAME. NIGHT." when just this past Saturday, a random Saturday in October, they had 30/32 teams playing on the same day.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
They should move that Columbus game to 8:45 and then bump back the next 3 games by 15 minutes each. Salvage this thing, dammit.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The Rangers last two games, they went into the third period with a lead, then spent nearly the entirety of the third period pinned in their own zone and gave up zero goals. Normally I'd say "yeah they were turtling" but it looked like they wanted to keep the pressure on and couldn't. But zero GA. I can't tell if this means their defense is really good or if they've been lucky.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

whatis posted:

i dont know if it's actually gonna happen but there's a lot of chatter in buffalo that patrick kane is in town right now and is negotiating a contract. local bloggers and reporters alike both hinting at something possibly happening soon

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Seriously about to pop a bottle of champagne here about this

The possibility of stepping on that landmine again was the only dark cloud hanging over this season so far

Now I’m free to revel in how great the season has been so far

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 15, 2023

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

N: The Sabres exposed Igor Shesterkin as a fraud

V:

https://twitter.com/ginohard_/status/1729327718884352470?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Turns out UPL is good, actually!

Also Kakko got turbo-injured and seems like he’ll be out for a while. I’ve seen a few people throw around “season-ending” but that feels premature to me

bring on Phil Kessel

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
hold your tongue bitch

wait is puljujarvi healthy yet

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
https://x.com/blueshirtsbreak/status/1729578986932429073?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

All jokes aside, the Blackhawks should have an obligation to disclose what behavior got him shitcanned. Another team might want to take a chance on him, and there's a big difference between him having a consensual relationship with another player's mom (funny, not illegal) and him dropping slurs and hate crimes or whatever else it could have been.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

pseudodragon posted:

They should have an obligation to tell other teams. They don't necessarily have to tell the public if it is something private like the Bedard thing. I'm assuming they need to at least tell the PA as there could be grievances involved if it's bullshit.

Counterpoint:

I want to know what it is

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if he didn't do anything too bad, I hope so! Would not be bad to replace Kakko while he's hurt and then Pitlick on the fourth line.

I love it in theory, but I can't imagine what he could have done that would be so bad to get him kicked off the Hawks, but not so bad that I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Arivia posted:

Maybe he asked a massage therapist for a handy or something.

I was thinking something like this, or maybe he took a little workplace flirting too far and sent some dick pics or something. Something that would absolutely warrant termination, but the other person involved might not want to press any charges to avoid being thrust into the spotlight.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
There's a huge difference between "the players don't know what happened" and "management has not briefed the players on the details of the incident"

He said the first thing but he definitely means the second thing

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Detroit now on a 3 game losing streak since the ugly rapist started playing for them

I hope they don't win another game all year ahahhahhahahaa

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Speaking of flu-like symptoms, when was the last time any NHLer dared to use the c-word? Rick Bowness apparently talked about struggling with long covid for close to a year, Brandon Sutter gave up on trying to return to the league in October and that seems to be about it?

Every time they mention that "the flu" or "an illness" is running through a team's locker room, I always give a little side-eye. Just because you don't say the word, doesn't mean it isn't there, folks!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Spelling Mitsake posted:

The Canucks are going to make it to the finals.

We're either looking at Canucks/Rangers aka '1994 Part II'

or

Kings/Rangers aka '2014 Part II' aka 'The Jonathan Quick Revenge Tour'

or

Avalanche/Rangers aka 'Georgiev Returns'

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

I’m watching this game today and hope for the best for this league but scheduling the inaugural game against the Winter Classic was…perhaps not the best choice.

The WC doesn’t start until 3pm, but the PWHL is doing all sorts of inaugural pomp and ceremony so the game probably won’t start until 1p. Maybe it’ll go quick.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Yeah, I take back my complaint. The game is moving along at a good pace and serves as a great lead-in to the Winter Classic.

Also - surprised at the amount of hitting I’m seeing! I’m guessing that while it’s still technically against the rules, the refs have been instructed to not call a penalty unless it’s a full-on Jacob Trouba monster hit. Which is the right call!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Why did they need an ASL interpreter if it was a fully instrumental performance of the national anthem :psyduck:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Wow Torts really has this Flyers team firing on all cylinders.

And a a pre-emptive welcome to the coach of the 2025-2026 Philadelphia Flyers, Alain Vigneault!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Limit offsides review to 2 minutes and no slow motion. If it isn't obviously offsides on a full-speed instant replay from several different angles, then it's fine.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
hooray for all the bad NYR trade options being taken off the board by other teams

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

I kinda want Drury to find a way to get him and Aube Kubel.

I was reading on CapFriendly that Dowd and Lavi didn't have the best relationship. No idea how real it is, but it sucks if true, because the list of available centers is dwindling fast.

Levitate posted:

I'd rather the Rangers take a swing on some youngish center who hasn't done great but has some solid underlying numbers. They mostly just need someone to be "not nick bonino or johnny brodzinski" and allow that third line to have a chance at generating some offensive pressure. Even if that 3C doesnt' score a ton of points just tilting that line more towards "can actually exist in the offensive zone" would be good.

My "not gonna happen" dream was that they trade a 1st + mid-prospect for Frost from the Flyers. Torts seems to hate the kid for some reason and keeps scratching him, and at this point it looks like Torts is gonna be the Flyers coach for at least the next few years. Combine that with people saying the Flyers should be sellers at the deadline, it would be a good way for them to net a 1st rounder without losing any players that they plan on actually using.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 2, 2024

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did they scrap the shootout competition, aka the only potentially entertaining event?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

No, it's the final event, and they get to call out which goalie they want to shoot on.

Yeah but given the bonus, is it like a real competition now? Instead of the fun WWE type thing they’ve done in the past?

EDIT: lol at kucherov totally phoning it in

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah I think so. I think it'll be good. Instead of gimmicks they're theoretically going to be trying their best to win that million bucks.

Lol Kucherov got boo'd at the all star game

Yeah but I like the gimmicks. They’re fun (when the players put effort into it like Zegras a few years ago)

I can watch players trying their best to win a shootout any night during the regular season. Except those are even better because I doubt the goalies tonight are going to be giving any effort, since they’ve got no skin in the game.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
https://x.com/darrendreger/status/1754630932215005382?s=46&t=l7JovTDvoQbYADj0z1zxcA

This fuckin' sucks. I get why they're doing it - they don't want to punish the team for actions the players did years before they joined the team. And on paper, I guess that's the right thing to do. But in reality, these teams absolutely knew about this and knew the risk they were taking by signing these players and should be forced to feel the repercussions now.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

heehee posted:

think i might've posted about this like a month ago but anyone else have dhgate make them do payment verification when buyin a jersey? i've had an account there for like 15 years ...

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm very interested in expanding my jersey collection with some cheap knockoffs. Have you ordered from a particular seller in the past, and is the quality reasonably good for a knockoff?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
ohhhhhh please devils don’t trade a bunch of quality assets for Elvis merzlikins that would make you too scary and good pleaaaaaase don’t do that we would be so scared and it wouldn’t be fair

- the rest of the Metro

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Dammit I was hoping the Rangers would pick up Phil. Especially since doesn’t his sister work in the organization in some capacity?

Oh well, I’m glad at least SOMEONE is picking him up so we can at least see if it was a dumb decision to pass on him or not

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So uhhhhh are the Penguins really gonna hang on to Guentzel at the deadline and then lose him for nothing pull a Tavares with Guentzel

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
All that picture tells me is that Chris Kreider would win the Rocket Richard if he played with McDavid

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
That was a helluva fight, HOWEVER, I loving hate these fights between two guys that were whispering and giggling to each other during warmups about how they were gonna fight. And then they just drop the gloves when they happen to be on the ice at the same time.

I’m a fan of fighting in hockey. I’m not a fan of this “pre-planned” fighting poo poo. A hockey fight should be between two guys that loving hate each other and want to murder each other

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
And Mika in 5v5 goals in calendar year 2024 :cry:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I’m glad the return seems light. Hopefully it helps normalize the market after those crazy high priced trades for Monahan and Lindholm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Trade Crosby

to New York