Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DarkHorse posted:

You are lucky.

Mine has farted itself awake before, and also growled at its own farts

One of my dogs is terrified of his own farts. If he farts audibly, he will look at his own rear end like it’s a venomous snake and run away as fast as he can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Frank Frank posted:

One of my dogs is terrified of his own farts. If he farts audibly, he will look at his own rear end like it’s a venomous snake and run away as fast as he can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuRiGTVfMZM

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
If I could run away from my own anus, I think I'd give it a go. I'm not that happy with it tbh.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Philthy posted:

No. These same polls have been showing Republicans winning all their elections with +10, +20, and higher and they keep losing to Democrats. Any time a MAGA goes to bat, they get creamed. Trump is pure cancer when it comes to voters.

It's made up horse race bullshit.

:hmmyes:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Unkempt posted:

If I could run away from my own anus, I think I'd give it a go. I'm not that happy with it tbh.

Understandable, it is an rear end in a top hat.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Unkempt posted:

I'm working on getting one of those transient anuses like that one jelly fish has.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Unkempt posted:

I just ate a bunch of spicy chicken. I'm not sure my anus and me will be on speaking terms the next couple of days.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bone Crimes posted:

Huh? Isn't the whole point that a sufficiently large random sample of a heterogeneous population trends to the mean of that population? a large random sample should catch the same percentage of whatever group within statistical polling error. If you have a poll where you have 1% young voters, but those voters make up 20% of the electorate based on the actual results or polling records, you don't have a random sample.
sure you can say it trends, which is not the same as saying it represents. say we take a random sample of 100,000 people across all of the united states - it's random, so it's entirely possible to have a sample that contains every single ordained priest in the country, and now you don't have the mean of the population, you have a random sample that contains a shitload of extra priests and will reflect that bias in the data it generates. you can't know who you're sampling, that's the randomness, so you have to try and fit that sample into the actual picture you already have of what the country looks like, which is not one-third ordained priests.
you can't rely on any size of random sample to reflect the mean of the population because it is a random sample and as such can simply be randomly unrepresentative - so you start with a model and try to hammer that randomness out of the sampling.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I should have learned by this point that, when this thread suddenly has 400 new posts, it's not necessarily because something politically significant happened but often that Trump pulled a ridiculous face and blew rear end last night.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've mentioned this before, why not just pay people and do long term studies?

You would have better demographic data, people would have less incentive to lie to you and you could ask more nuanced questions. Voters are not random samples, why should polling be?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 29, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I have been boycotting Chick-Fil-A since literally 2008 for hating gays, so if they also get boycotted for hating Christians that's a serious lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Three Olives posted:

I've mentioned this before, why not just pay people and do long term studies?

You would have better demographic data, people would have less incentive to lie to you and you could ask more nuanced questions.

the poll that has everyone riled is in fact from a panel

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Trump is going to stare at companies and other countries sternly which will make them afraid and lower their prices. It just makes sense!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Three Olives posted:

why not just pay people
our entire economic framework is dedicated to figuring out the best way to not to do that

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I have a confession to make.

I’m starting to think I may not like this Trump feller at all

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I have a confession to make.

I’m starting to think I may not like this Trump feller at all

vote

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I read a recent Newsweek article with a poll saying that more people thought Trump had a more successful 1st term than Biden. I just keep thinking, do they assholes not remember covid? In 2020, so many people died and the US economy was in rough shape. Trumpers also always bring up how great the economy was doing, but they don't seem to realize it got that way because of Obama. He had to fix everything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We need the Presidency, the House, the Senate, your local Statehouse, your local Governorship, your local State Rep, your local Sheriff, I could go on,

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I remember the first time we were around when our doggo farted and she looked at her butt, as if betrayed. ":wtf: was THAT?!"

Speaking of butts...

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

free hubcaps posted:

Trump just died:banjo:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That's just what the room smells like when he's in it (and far long after he's left).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

PhazonLink posted:

yeah thats my experience too. lol at piece of poo poo dumb rear end brick voters.

"derrr leave me alone"

*later*

"but why didnt they call, email, or canvass?!?"

*Well, they never call me

*Has been brutally trained by deregulation to never answer a call from an unknown number