Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 18, 2012

okay time to go through this backlog

Avshalom posted:

everybody in this thread has a boyfriend except for me even though i am INCREDIBLY SEYX :dong: :dong: :dong:
I am also terribly alone
oh my god

Thora posted:

If someone is over 25 and still have "I belong to subculture x" as their primary identity, they have issues.
I agree with this

Meis posted:

Oh Spelunky is a good one!

Hmmmm you should also play Dear Esther, The Stanley Parable (play the demo first), and Gone Home. Walking simulators best genre.

Papers, Please is really good but personally takes a lot of concentration when i play it.

LIMBO is good.

The Portal games are good, especially number 2.

You might like Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, it's super cute.

OH! Get To The Moon! It's super good! Very simple to play! Very story heavy! It is the loving best, if you get anything I have suggested get this one!!
I also agree with this

Pick posted:

I've been here 5 years or so and still like 1/4 of my posts are here
half my posts are in this thread and I've been here for years

all the owl posts are good thank you

boom boom boom posted:

You mean Rogue.
yeah. sorry, I don't really follow x men

Al Borland posted:

Lady thread I trust your judgement, name a good sci fi tv show to watch.
Grimm is currently running and it's kinda fun, but it's more fantasy/detective type stuff. there's werewolves

e: lol of course this ended up at the top of a page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
today i bought a 100 pack of Crayola markers under the pretense of colour coding my notes but it's really because i have a problem with hoarding office/art supplies.

so many colours

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
If you like dark stuff you should watch Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror. every ep is its own story and the themes are more technology/dystopian future/oh gently caress what's happening than sci-fi, but it's good.
The first episode features someone kidnapping a princess and the ransom is that the PM has to gently caress a pig on live tv it's the best episode

Also, watch Spaced, Black Books, and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

with extra cheese posted:

today i bought a 100 pack of Crayola markers under the pretense of colour coding my notes but it's really because i have a problem with hoarding office/art supplies.

so many colours

when the world ends you stumble upon the worlds largest collection of coloring books but all your markers are dried up

no...there was time now...there was time

Ailuromancer
May 16, 2013

Is, has been, will be.
I'm like, 900 pages behind but I wanted to say Pick I watched rick and morty because of you and it is OUTSTANDING. The most recent one in particular with that dmx montage :allears:

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

InvisibleMonkey posted:

If you like dark stuff you should watch Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror. every ep is its own story and the themes are more technology/dystopian future/oh gently caress what's happening than sci-fi, but it's good.
The first episode features someone kidnapping a princess and the ransom is that the PM has to gently caress a pig on live tv it's the best episode

i loving love charlie brooker :respek:

oh and borland, watch charlie brookers "wipe" series they're all on youtube and will give you great insight into britain's awful tv/news

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Dongicus posted:

18:50 - Al Borland: watching spaced
18:52 - Al Borland: this show doesnt look very comedic

u wot

Maybe it's because people aren't slipping on banana peels, having obvious misunderstandings and blustering about it or yelling bazinga

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Ailuromancer posted:

I'm like, 900 pages behind but I wanted to say Pick I watched rick and morty because of you and it is OUTSTANDING. The most recent one in particular with that dmx montage :allears:

your avatar is super adorable!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

pixelbaron posted:

when the world ends you stumble upon the worlds largest collection of coloring books but all your markers are dried up

no...there was time now...there was time

you were in a coloring book the whole time

a giant child is coloring you

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Meis posted:

bazinga

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dongicus posted:

loving spaced how did i forget about spaced

watch spaced boreland

Its okay so far.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

"the dead do not poop stan"

a quote from Lexx

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Thora posted:

If someone is over 25 and still have "I belong to subculture x" as their primary identity, they have issues.

this times a million
times three million if the X is replaced with 'juggalo'

Women's Rights? posted:

I do kinda wish there were still 90's skater boys running around. :allears: I always though they were way hotter than goth guys

Yesss they were/are adorbable

TY, I lost the quote but I think it was Meis who said something similar? TY TY.

People either really love my fashion sense or really kinda hate it, I've noticed

Al Borland posted:

Nah wasn't wearing any :getin:

Also I have rather large juevos so that might have something to do with it.

E: RIP LUBELORD. He died.

I need a new name. This one for a Female character.

Can't believe you didn't go with LUBELADY or MILADYLUBE or something

The warm-weather-but-only-for-a-short-time thing happened here too. It's screwing with my mood like crazy. And the kid thinks we're being arbitrary dicks, he assumes that sunshine=warm and doesn't really pay attention to the clothes we put on him. He thinks he should be allowed to play in water outside daily already.

edit: This thread is the most posting in one spot I've ever done

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 4, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Portals posted:

Grimm is currently running and it's kinda fun, but it's more fantasy/detective type stuff. there's werewolves

I was thinking about checking that out!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fabulist posted:

Can't believe you didn't go with LUBELADY or MILADYLUBE or something

I thought about it but BALLCRUSHER uses a giant flail.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Globo-Hitler III posted:

you were in a coloring book the whole time

a giant child is coloring you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ailuromancer posted:

yaaayyyy

also rick and morty is great scifi watch it everyone

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Dongicus posted:

i loving love charlie brooker :respek:

oh and borland, watch charlie brookers "wipe" series they're all on youtube and will give you great insight into britain's awful tv/news

YES, me too, but I think you should differentiate between commentary-type shows like the wipes and his fictive stuff like Dead Set (also rly good) and Black Mirror. Also, the stuff he presents hasn't been quite the same since he married a hottie and had a baby, imho, but that's how it goes

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Pick posted:

yaaayyyy

rick and morty ruuules

also page 1234

InvisibleMonkey posted:

YES, me too, but I think you should differentiate between commentary-type shows like the wipes and his fictive stuff like Dead Set (also rly good) and Black Mirror. Also, the stuff he presents hasn't been quite the same since he married a hottie and had a baby, imho, but that's how it goes

yeah i thought the panel show he did was awful

konnie huq though...

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Pick posted:

yaaayyyy

I hear nothing but good things but I keep forgetting to watch it, thanks for the reminder!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The last few episodes of Rick and Morty have been kinda EH.

I don't much care for the rest of the family.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Al Borland posted:

I thought about it but BALLCRUSHER uses a giant flail.

I personally do not see the issue with LUBELADY goin' nuts on dude with a flail

Rick and Morty is more amusing than I thought it would be, and I usually do not like TV, so definitely give it a chance

Ailuromancer
May 16, 2013

Is, has been, will be.

Pick posted:

yaaayyyy

Rick and morty forever dot com a hundred years rick and morty.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
there were two meh Rick and Morties in there but i loved this last one

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

InvisibleMonkey posted:

These sound fun too.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Meis posted:

Maybe it's because people aren't slipping on banana peels, having obvious misunderstandings and blustering about it or yelling bazinga

:hf:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Meis posted:

It was the very first epsidoe and like 5 minutes in when its just weird. Then I figured out what was going on and yeah its pretty funny.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Al Borland posted:

It was the very first epsidoe and like 5 minutes in when its just weird. Then I figured out what was going on and yeah its pretty funny.

I can understand that to be honest.

I was just using it as an excuse to make fun of american comedy

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

These sound fun too.

well, you've come to the right girl for sci-fi & british comedy. I can also do horror.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Spaced was the reason me and housemate moved in together, to emulate that wonderful life.

Unfortunately I'm the only one who's stayed a permadrunk waster, he's a productive member of society. And there's no weird artist in the basement :(

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

InvisibleMonkey posted:

well, you've come to the right girl for sci-fi & british comedy. I can also do horror.

I like your avatar a lot, I was very startled the first time I noticed it was animated

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

1234 yay!

I think MILADYLUBE is a great name :)

Fabulist I am working on my PMs to you now, you were last on my list but last is the best :h: Actually I love you all.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Meis posted:

I can understand that to be honest.

I was just using it as an excuse to make fun of american comedy

British comedy also uses a lot of slapstick though?

Honestly it's just unfair to consider Big Bang Theory a representative show it's soooo bad. I am in total agreement with Woody Allen in Annie Hall RE laugh tracks.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
fuuuuuuuuuck I just fumbled a 5g jar of loose eyeshadow* and my chest/tits are covered in sparkly brown stuff. It's all down in my bra and I just got out of the shower and now I have to get back in.

*like 2g of powder total all over everywhere

sparkletits

edit:

Portals posted:

I like your avatar a lot, I was very startled the first time I noticed it was animated

haha I'm glad I'm not the only person that happened to. I've always liked it because Skullboy, but when it loving turned its head and looked at me the other night I almost peed

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 4, 2014

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Fabulist posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck I just fumbled a 5g jar of loose eyeshadow* and my chest/tits are covered in sparkly brown stuff. It's all down in my bra and I just got out of the shower and now I have to get back in.

*like 2g of powder total all over everywhere

sparkletits

is your boyfriend even there to appreciate it? :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Shannonmcn posted:

Spaced was the reason me and housemate moved in together, to emulate that wonderful life.

Unfortunately I'm the only one who's stayed a permadrunk waster, he's a productive member of society. And there's no weird artist in the basement :(

Same, but he became my boyfriend.

Portals posted:

Thanks, that was exactly my intent when I made it :)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:coffee:

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

drinkin some right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dongicus posted: