Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Dude, :nms: that poo poo

richardfun posted:

Could you give me a little advance warning next time you're going to give me a minor stroke? :gonk:
Aw come on, where's your sense of adventure?

Just imagine eight years of those people running the country, making decisions about how the government should be run, appointing federal judges, appointing 3 supreme court members, and sending thousands of American troops into Iraq, Syria, and Iran.

Isn't accelerationism grand?

No wait, the opposite of grand. Nightmarish.:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

babypolis posted:

why are bernie posters in this thread bigger shitheels than even the trump posters

#NotAllSanderistas

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pathetic little tramp posted:

:siren:GAME CHANGER ALERT:siren:

BIG BREAKING NEWS

MASSIVE ELECTION-CHANGING ENDORSEMENT COMES IN FOR JEB BUSH

That's right, Jeb Bush has just been endorsed by Eric "The loving Loser" Cantor.

It's definitely changed from "hop on that landmine" to "hug that fragmentation grenade."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BIG BREAKING NEWS

MASSIVE ELECTION-CHANGING ENDORSEMENT COMES IN FOR JEB BUSH

That's right, Jeb Bush has just been endorsed by Eric "The loving Loser" Cantor.

Hahaha what an appropriate endorsement. I can't wait for Trump's tweet.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Jindal is trying to make it into the news cycle

http://wgno.com/2015/08/26/gov-jindal-katrina-anniversary-not-the-time-for-climate-change-talk/

There are now more people living and working in Louisiana than at any other time in the State’s history, earning higher incomes than ever before. A 25-year problem of outmigration has become a boom of in-migration of both people and employers. New Orleans has become a magnet for venture capital investment in its technology and media sectors.

The stupid prick had to make up two words because he couldn't use "immigration" in a positive context. What a loving bellend.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

if you want a problem, if no one else can cause it, and if you can find them in the polls, maybe you can hire the F Team

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

No... No!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

babypolis posted:

why are bernie posters in this thread bigger shitheels than even the trump posters

Whoa, I was just quotin' what the guy has said on the subject. I actually think if he was asked about his ~faith~ he would probably say something similar and it wouldn't go over great with moderate voters who just want milquetoast statements about the Power of Faith, along the lines of what Spacebump was suggesting. I'll probably vote for Bernie in the primary but I have no real strong feelings about the guy.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

if you want a problem, if no one else can cause it, and if you can find them in the polls, maybe you can hire the F Team

quality posting

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Alpha Season 3 lookin good

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

im Mike Huckabee as Sec of Veterans Affairs

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Gyges posted:

Kind of inspiring how each pic/department combination is worse than the last. That takes real effort.
I'm pretty sure Palin as Secretary of State is the worst it gets

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'd actually be interested to see how many moderates consider a nonreligious president to be a dealbreaker. Either way it will unfortunately make it that much easier to attack him with a godless commie narrative.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

JT Jag posted:

But she can see Russia from her house

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Department of Guns and Rifles and Explosives

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

the fabs involved in the production of photovoltaics cannot be run off something as finicky as solar or wind power.

Citation loving needed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trump taking minister-allocation tips from Netanyahu.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

I've... seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Oil wells on fire off the shoulder of a residential drive; I watched bitcoins glitter in the dark near the Silk Road... All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like [chokes up] gold... in... the dollar. Time... to die.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Who better to endorse JEB! then the man that got voted out of office because he represents everything that republicans hate about Washington.

Keep reaching for those stars JEB!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JT Jag posted:

Can you imagine Palin trying to figure out which fork to eat at a formal dinner with a bunch of diplomats?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Citation loving needed.

Agreed. Regardless of his overall point, that makes zero goddamn sense.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Even in their fantasies, teabaggers are afraid of black people having guns.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

Can you imagine Palin trying to figure out which fork to eat at a formal dinner with a bunch of diplomats?

Forks? She'll be eating salads with a knife. She's a maverick.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

bpower posted:

The stupid prick had to make up two words because he couldn't use "immigration" in a positive context. What a loving bellend.

bahahaha "in-migration" is priceless. I can just imagine him sitting there with his staff as they scratch their heads trying to think of a replacement word.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Sir Tonk posted:

It is easy, you start from the outside and work your way in. If the scullion has put the oyster fork out of order, then that is on the host, not on you.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cantor's really aiming for that "anything anywhere" position after PRESIDENT JEB takes office :smug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I'm genuinely at a loss here as to what JEB~ thinks his path to victory is. Like, "wait for Trump to collapse then make move" isn't even an angle because he's missing out on the important part: shut up while he implodes. (Plus he's not imploding)

I'm seriously wondering what his end game is here.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Neurolimal posted:

Domestically they are cut from identical cloth, but when it comes to forwign policy statememts Biden has been far more practical, and has experience with Israel that doesn't suggest unconditional support.

Like I said, far prefer Bernie, but at least I can have mild faith that Biden will just continue current horrible policies and complete milquetoast lipservice to progressive issues, instead of compounding even more.

What makes you say that? Netanyahu will be PM for the foreseeable future, and the Clintons have a bad history with him.

Spacebump posted:

Another thing nobody has talked about is how Bernie will deal with the God questions that many moderate swing state voters find important. He won't be like Trump and say the Bible is the greatest book ever written. That could realistically hurt him in the general. It'd be nice if this kind of thing wasn't an issue with so many voters but I'm betting it will be.

A good point that I was thinking about earlier. Bernie is not that observant of a Jew. Even if he does believe in God, would the American people be comfortable voting for him, given how importantly religiosity is ranked for leaders.

If he wants to be a serious candidate, he really should have some kind of JFK-esque religion speech.

EDIT: "I am not the Jewish candidate for President: I am the candidate running for President who happens to be a mensch!"

William Bear fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 27, 2015

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm genuinely at a loss here as to what JEB~ thinks his path to victory is. Like, "wait for Trump to collapse then make move" isn't even an angle because he's missing out on the important part: shut up while he implodes. (Plus he's not imploding)

every passing day reinforces my belief that Jeb! is intentionally scuttling his campaign out of a complete lack of interest in being President

"these rich dudes want me to be president, oh well :effort:"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

At first I thought that one lady was from a Judge Judy type show. Apparently her name is Jeanine Pirro and she does have a legal background and a show on Fox News. Not nearly as funny...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I love how Trump is the only one who carries a gun and looks reasonable. Eveyrone else is posing and trying to look tough, Trump's just holding up a gun like he's at an auction or game show going "Here's a gold plated gun. Starting bid is more than you can afford." Trump's got big enough balls to know he doesn't need to pose to look tough, he'd rather spend his time counting his money or giving kids helicopter rides at the fair.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Even in their fantasies, teabaggers are afraid of black people having guns.

Also this. :allears:

Chokes McGee posted:

As you mentioned, the "say nothing while you wait for someone to implode" strategy kinda fails when your opponent fails to implode. It's almost like J.E.B.! wants it both ways, hoping to throw a landmine in front of Trump and then say nothing as Trump implodes. Only Trump is far, far better at this than anyone else in the R field can dream of being.

Though the whole "I'd rather not be President, thank you very much" theory sounds more and more reasonable with every passing day.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/27/all-33-times-donald-trump-jabbed-the-bushes-in-one-35-minute-interview/

Trump hit Bush 33 times in 35 minutes... Fantastic stuff from the Donald.

quote:

23. Trump on Jeb Bush’s super PAC flying a small plane with an anti-Trump message trailing behind it over his Alabama rally last week: “I thought it was sort of pathetic. It was sad. It followed this incredible 757. I thought it was sad.”

Montasque fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 27, 2015

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The 757 isn't even widebody, why doesn't Donald Trump have a 747 the A380 is euro trash?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

At first I thought that one lady was from a Judge Judy type show. Apparently her name is Jeanine Pirro and she does have a legal background and a show on Fox News. Not nearly as funny...

She's actually much worse than Judge Judy

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Congratulations to Dr. Ben Carson for making his way into double digits in the RCP average and taking second place!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

why doesn't Donald Trump have a 747?

He will in 511 days

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

How do you live with yourself when Trump and Carson are polling higher than you are?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

In this case, you are taking numbers and then throwing them in the trash because you don' think they fit. That's not really the same thing as applying context.

Here is an attempt to provide context to Hillary's favorability numbers: There is a large population of old and stiff baby boomer democrats out there who don't necessarily see Hillary's lack of on-camera shine as a problem. This is a group of people who have been voting for establishment democrat candidates their whole life and aren't about to stop.

Personally, as a relatively young millennial, watching Hillary is like nails on chalkboard, but the thing that's great about statistics is that they help us see outside our bubble.

I'm an old & stiff boomer who ended up voting for Hillary in 2008 because her healthcare platform was a tad to the left of Obama's and yet I'm totally in the bag for Bernie now, as are many of my fellow old & stiff boomers. And dag, some of the Bernie meetups in my neck of the woods look like an AARP meeting in which the elders brought their grandkids.

While it's true that most of her support comes from olds, she's currently wiping the floor with Bernie among minority voters. (Latinos overwhelmingly voted for her over Obama in the 2008 primaries.) But that can change--especially after a couple debates. I read that at this point in 2007 she was 20 points ahead of Obama with African-American voters.

I'm guessing that if Bernie remains viable that he sweeps the millennials, especially the Obama voters who still hold negative perceptions about Hillary from 07-08--but whether that's enough for him to win remains to be seen. That Hillary's running on some sort of grrrl-power platform straight out of '92, and that Trump is running to the left of her on some issues, like taxing hedge-funders, will only doom her if she's the Dem candidate in the general election.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trump is Jupiter and all the other candidates are the minuscule proto-planets he's violently ejecting from the solar system.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Trump is Jupiter and all the other candidates are the minuscule proto-planets he's violently ejecting from the solar system.

I think you'll find that he's the golden sun in the middle of everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rear end cobra posted:

The 757 isn't even widebody, why doesn't Donald Trump have a 747 the A380 is euro trash?

If you look you'll see that 757 is ten more than 747.

• Locked thread