Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Sadly, it's too old for quoting, click the link.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647273&pagenumber=3#post431646672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

That was a waste of a click.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ol qwerty bastard posted:

captain america: civil war was really good

like if you're sick of superhero movies (and i totally can't blame you if you are) then you won't like it, but i think they managed to pull it off. despite having a huge ensemble cast (obviously) it didn't feel overstuffed like age of ultron. they introduced some new peeps but didn't try to give everyone a full origin story so it was just like "yep here's this other guy, he can also do stuff". spiderman was good, there was finally a scene where ant-man got really huge and wrecked some poo poo which was awesome, and the main conflict felt surprisingly believable and not forced (after batsmen vs suparman i was worried)

at the very end martin freeman shows up for about ten seconds so i'm assuming he's going to be in future marvel movies? or maybe he just happened to be walking by the set that day idk

Citizen Tayne posted:

Looks like staying in the business of entertaining children has worked out long-term for Disney. Good on them.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I really like this one:

ilikedirt posted:

yea i bought this sandwich no big deal. when i paid i was like psh yeah keep the change then i unrolled my colostomy bag and put that sammich right in there no biggie. i figured i skip the muddle man u kbnow.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 21:23 on May 6, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess he's gonna edit it in later.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's a pretty spot on parody of a lot of recipes you find on the internet.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

greatn posted:

Isn't Daniel Radcliffe like completely average size? I don't think he's tiny like leading man RDJ or Kevin Hart.

MacheteZombie posted:

I dunno, I never saw that stage play he did.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

dumb

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that would have been a funny post if he'd spent ten seconds to look it up and actually type "equus"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Give me a fuckin second to draw the sandwich! goddamnit!! Pissholes aaa!!!!!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I really don't think so and I invite everyone to form an indendent opinion by reading the post

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I thought it was dumb and obnoxious at first, but then I realized that it's super-dumb and funny.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dudes tgere's bo imagine.

All is fine, who cares, work

DO IT

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Maybe I'm just tired but "Christ on a zipline" had actual tears running down my face

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

STOP POSTING
WINDOWS 98

jfc this is actually a proclick

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

why do people always go on about what the thread "needs", like it's some living, breathing mass that must be gently massaged and coddled and caressed like some sort of prime kobe autism

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

HA! That's a good one.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

angry_keebler posted:

typical fyad poster: a computer in my car? uh, haha i guess that could be pretty good

typical yosposter: do you even know that there are already computers in a car idiot??? i know there is one because i do sex on it when my ssri isn't interfering with my erection

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Trig Discipline posted:

i've always wanted to write sci fi but i feel like i'd have to unlearn a lot of what i've learned for science writing. it's be like

"it was a beautiful sunny afternoon the first time we kissed. the sun was hot on the back of my neck, and she whispered 'i love you' into my ear"

i already said it was sunny once, i can cut one of those

"it was a beautiful afternoon the first time we kissed. the sun was hot on the back of my neck, and she whispered 'i love you' into my ear"

beautiful is kinda hyperbole, and really doesn't convey any new information

"it was a sunny afternoon the first time we kissed. the sun was hot on the back of my neck, and she whispered 'i love you' into my ear"

ultimately i guess the weather isn't particularly relevant to the actual purpose of the text

"it was afternoon the first time we kissed,and she whispered 'i love you' into my ear"

redundant, people typically don't whisper into your armpit

"it was afternoon the first time we kissed,and she whispered 'i love you'"

still a lot of unnecessary words there

"it was afternoon. she whispered 'i love you' and kissed me for the first time"

i guess the exact time isn't really relevant either

"it was day. she whispered 'i love you' and kissed me for the first time"

doesn't really matter how loud her voice was

"she said "i love you" during the day and kissed me the first time"

there, perfect!

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Larry Parrish posted:

You're the guy on the left.

trying to jack off posted:

[larry looking at a picture of noted genius albert einstein] thats you lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Karate Bastard posted:

Are you taking anything for that discharge ma'am?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

RareAcumen posted:

i’m not against vaping, but man, vaping two inches from my face on the subway is a ridiculous rear end in a top hat kind of move. this dude was billowing like he was auditioning for the role of haunted house fog machine. the humidity in the whole car changed, he was ruining haircuts. just jump starting the water cycle. condensation was dripping down my glasses, people were slipping off poles, it was chaos. it was like watching one man try to terraform the moon. a planet with one dense, root beer scented atmosphere blocking out the sun and choking all life.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Okay that's pretty great.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Trig Discipline posted:

Okay that's pretty great.

The post or the vaping

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
The post.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The post or the vaping

if you've never thought about the implications of a root beer planet i can't help.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sham bam bamina! posted:

candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick

You gotta post the entire quote, man.

quote:

You know when you were a kid and your dad was shaving and you'd pretend-shave beside him because you thought it made you look grown-up? Everything redditors do is that same talismanic grasping at symbols of adulthood and sophistication tinged with an air of desperately overthinking it while completely missing the point.

If I use a real straight-razor and make my own lather with a badger brush then that makes me manly and attractive, even though I have scraggly unkempt hair and I'm 50 pounds overweight. If I wear a fedora it will make me cool and sophisticated, even though I'm wearing it with jorts and a le meme t-shirt. If I smoke an ecig then I look hard-boiled and interesting, even though my baby palate means I have to puff candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Guy Mann posted:

You gotta post the entire quote, man.

Holy crap that nails the psychology better than anyone I've ever seen try.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I didn't post it because it was already posted at the beginning of the thread.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

science writing by Trig Discipline

I'd buy a copy. I prefer minimalist specfic.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

What about dumping LOX on something burning with fluorine that wouldn't burn with oxygen? Cool it down and let the vaporization disperse the source of fluorine. This could end in disaster if, for example, you have a small puddle of ClF3 on whatever you're burning and this splatters the ClF3 everywhere, but the original fire would be extinguished.

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting your lab report.

Cakefool posted:

Report: lab missing.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Choco1980 posted:

Holy crap that nails the psychology better than anyone I've ever seen try.

There was another one that was pretty great but the only phrase I remember is "cargo-cult masculinity" and I googled that and got some misogynistic screed from some idiot blog.

loving lol I found it:

zoux posted:

So many of these dudes act like they are in some sort of masculinity cargo cult, where they sort of recognize the traditional signifiers of manhood but are unable to fully grasp or comprehend them so basically the strut around on a fake airstrip with bamboo fedoras hoping that one day Don Draper will be drawn back to their remote island and bestow upon them the secret of sex moves.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 11:28 on May 9, 2016

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

0toShifty posted:

There's a lot to see - plan a day!

One of the most disturbing things I saw was all the Japanese tourists taking selfies with the Enola Gay.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nothing wrong with wanting a pic with one of the founding fathers of your democracy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Pretty sure the Enola Gay would be a founding mother. (insert Current Releases joke about female planes)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Given the prevalence of fat men looking for a Japanese bride I can kinda see the logic.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nah, it's mostly little school boys.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I'm glad that my job literally has a person in the room taking down everything I say and reducing it to written record. That really limits the bad things I say.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

"If the court recorder could please read back the transcript for the defense's last statement."

"Eight equal sign equal sign equal sign equal sign D. If you know what I mean."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
In honor of the new thread title. Click at your own risk.

Crip Killa posted:

With all this talk about Trans rights and bathroom segregation I decided to do my part to break down the walls. I was hanging out around downtown and decided to use the women's bathroom.

probably :nws: http://i.imgur.com/7N2h2sx.jpg :nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)