Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

eonwe posted:

so

is there?

Nah, it's just assholes

(a lot of jews are assholes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't do that dumb meme whenever somebody puts thought into their post so don't worry about this being an Arby's. I just don't adore scientists to the degree that I see people online adore them. I think one of the most influential things I read in graduate school was memos from Nazi engineers trying to figure out how to keep the weight distribution right for the trucks transporting Jews because they would flee to the back of the container and crowd around the door and it would gently caress up the rear axle. The memos were dry and rational, the minds of very good scientists who were using their superior intelligence to tackle a problem and improve efficiency and reduce costs.

Science is a tool, not a proper ideology, so I don't cream my jeans at the thought of a scientist in high office simply because they are a scientist. It's the humanities where you learn exactly why the problem isn't the light bulb in the back of the truck being broken by panicking "cargo" but the problem is that you're transporting human beings to mass exterminate. STEM can't save us.

It's almost as if, evil is banal :monocle:

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

financially racist posted:

if you buy into the idea that putin wants to weaken the us' influence on the world stage it makes perfect sense, it's making the alt-right hate trump and they were like the last staunch supporters of him so now we have a president whose own base is turning their back on because he won't get rid of the (((globalist))) in his admin

Ah yeah it makes more sense that it's a move to weaken Trump's base rather than Trump himself

But of course who knows what the orange man will do in his angry flailing that no one likes him

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

NNick posted:

It's almost as if, evil is banal :monocle:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Broken Box posted:

fully aware and left that open for the inevitable quotes

so trap sprung I guess

Not the only thing sprung...

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jazerus posted:

i'm not doing the technocracy thing where i'm venerating scientists as the source of good governance or science as a governing ideology; as you say, that's nonsensical. what i mean is that ideally, a progressive government would have someone with a scientific background placed very highly, such that science policy is not being viewed from the outside (from where it looks okay, mostly) but from the inside (from where it looks like the freep tire fire border wall). this would not magically cause the guiding ideology of the executive branch to somehow become perfectly "rational" and "objective" as naive technocrats believe, it would just mean that science would be a priority for the federal government in a way that it hasn't been since the 60s.

the reason i talked about bill nye semi-seriously is that he is a generalist, very multi-disciplinary, which is a quality you would want. many scientists are exactly the narrow-minded over-specialized type of folks who would optimize a solution without seriously considering the consequences ala the nazi truck engineers, but many are not. you're doing scientists in general a disservice by implying that they don't understand history, ethics, ideologies, etc. because they are highly educated in a different field. some are ben carson-like and believe the pyramids were for grain storage and other loony wacko poo poo outside of their narrow field of inquiry, others are more broadly educated.

word. this is a good post. you are a cool person.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

evil is anal...if you're doing it right

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
there was a campaign article that suggested that kush is basically trumps only friend and how trump would make him stay up late and talk because he is lonely and pathetic

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
apparently an ex-clinton aide is giving a q&a on r/the_donald and all the questions are basically "how many women were raped"and "how big of a bitch is hillary"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

word. this is a good post. you are a cool person.

:same:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Not a Children posted:

I love being jewish because I never have to loving wonder if there's actually a secret cabal of jews running the world

Maybe we just didn't invite you?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Watch Trump's approval rating go up 2% before falling to a new low the following week.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Oh no, not at all. Trump's domestic policy will remain wretched, and his foreign policy will now be wretched in a way we're much more familiar with.

its misleading to think of him as having a policy

he doesnt have a guiding philosophy of politics, an agenda for law and govt, or a direction he wants to shepherd the nation toward

he barely has a longterm goal for his admin in any field or aspect or dimension

he wants to be liked, he wants to be seen as strong and to feel strong, and he wants to extract benefit for himself and his family and his most loyal associates

dont think of trump as having policies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hello

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cumshitter posted:

apparently an ex-clinton aide is giving a q&a on r/the_donald and all the questions are basically "how many women were raped"and "how big of a bitch is hillary"

why on earth would they do that

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Augus posted:

Maybe we just didn't invite you?

.... Oh. :smith:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

I love being jewish because I never have to loving wonder if there's actually a secret cabal of jews running the world

so how are the elders doin

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

cumshitter posted:

Goddammit Venom Snake ABORT MISSION

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Broken Box posted:

It's another day when nothing matters and death is certain so come hang out in http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

We've got another double feature tonight, starting at 10PM EST with HOT SHOTS

and then after a short intermission we're following that with TOP GUN

come for cary elwes and val kilmer, stay for the homoeroticism

im gonna watch this, OP

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

evil is anal...if you're doing it wrong

Fixed it for you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

living up to that username

holy poo poo finally somebody else noticed ths

i t h o u g h t i w a s g o i n g c r a z y

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

cumshitter posted:

by "ex-clinton aide" they mean "the guy who got george clinton his weed during the southwest leg of his 1997 tour."

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Only good post on this thread or any thread in CSPAM.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Shear Modulus posted:

i really dont see how the piss tape will bring trump down because that would only be possible if things mattered

The strike drove the alt right away and the piss tape dropping would actually bring them back into the fold

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nah I'm good thanks

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

there was a campaign article that suggested that kush is basically trumps only friend and how trump would make him stay up late and talk because he is lonely and pathetic

that actually made me kind of sad for him as a person.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

speaking of thedonald, are they still furioous about the missile strikes or have the moderators banned everyone but themselves now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TildeATH posted:

Thank you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

self lubricating falafel

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I bought the sw destiny starters

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hope it's not as bad as my posting

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

TildeATH posted:

im sorry but you misspelled JEB!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

How much money could I make peddling conspiracy theories, op

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

im sorry but you misspelled JEB!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hello

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
If Trump won't cleanse me in nuclear fire can he at least donate a few missles to take care of my coworkers that hosed up so bad that I had to put in unpaid OT on a Friday?

It's the least he could do.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NNick posted:

How much money could I make peddling conspiracy theories, op

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
.gif

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

You're ruining it with your arrogance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

BAE OF PIGS posted:

that actually made me kind of sad for him as a person.

sad that he got himself into a mess that he should have seen coming? cuz if the germans aint got a word for that one p sure its gonn bee trumpenfround

• Locked thread