Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

NomChompsky posted:

Geralt of Rivia would never hunt virgins. He just stumbles upon them in the wild and defeats them in single combat with their maidenhood as the prize.

He seems like the kinda guy that'd be annoyed at finding virgins all the time.
"Give me a wrinkled whore who knows what she's doing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Pick posted:

Women are socialized not to check because we only lift the seat when we're cleaning the toilet, and the put it down after. Also most of us grew up in proper homes where the toilet isn't left in shambles every time someone takes a wee. Do you think any self-respecting maid would leave a toilet with the seat up?

How are you even able to 'not check' unless you're walking into the bathroom with your eyes closed or walking into the bathroom backwards and backing up onto the toilet like a truck? When you walk into the bathroom don't you see the toilet in front of you?!? I have never, never understood how this has become a trope that people complain about or an issue in any way. You walk towards the toilet then spin around to sit on it, you can see the entirety of the toilet as you approach it to assess the seat / lid situation, it's not a mystery or puzzle to figure out :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't turn on the light when I go to pee at night. I roam in total darkness, led by my keen sense of direction.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
women navigate by echolocation

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pvt.Scott posted:

I can hear him saying that so clearly in my head that I'm not sure it isn't a direct quote from the game.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Professor Bling posted:

women navigate by echolocation

Women, like other hawks, can see in the ultraviolet, so we just follow faint trails of urine left by our husbands to locate the toilet. Unfortunately, if you have not finished civilizing him, that pee trail is liable to end up going just about anywhere, up to and including Beirut.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

"Hmm. Footprints...heading into the woods. Gait says virgin but...that stench...she's no virgin. Can follow that smell to the source..."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

I don't turn on the light when I go to pee at night. I roam in total darkness, led by my keen sense of direction.

I actually do this, because I don't want to blind myself by turning on a light. I always make sure to check the lid just in case my fiancee put it down to have her makeup kit sitting on it or something.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
A very conservative/fundamentalist girl [19F] on my [19F] dorm wing has been trying police our [19-20F] behavior, believing we're all going to hell for petty things.

quote:

First off, it's important to note that I attend a (Protestant, NOT fundie) Christian university. Everyone involved in the story is a professing Christian to some degree. Please keep this in mind with the story.

We are all college sophomores, living in a sophomore girls-only dorm. The girls on my wing are fantastic; they're laid back, funny, loving, and we hang out in our lobby almost every night together. However, there's one girl on our wing who has caused lots of drama. We'll call her Jen.

Jen is not a "skirt girl," but comes from a conservative, borderline fundamentalist, background. She was homeschooled, grew up in a remote part of Alaska, has never had friends beyond her siblings- in other words, VERY sheltered. She is friendly when she's alone and somewhat fascinating as a person, but she gets overwhelmed very easy by anything secular or otherwise over-the-top. Anytime guys are around our hall, she sees someone that isn't 100% dressed, hears someone swear, or sees someone of another race, she clams up and hides. It's to the point where I think she might need some counseling. She calls her parents at least 3x a day for at least 45 min at a time. There are students at my school who are also pretty sheltered, but they don't react like that, it's insane. And since I know it'll be asked, YES she lived the dorms last year. But her wing kept to themselves so she never got the chance to really cause issues.

ANYWAYS so she's been taking offense to everything we do. She tattles on our RA almost every night for the stupid things we do. Here's an example of the "sinful" things she's told on us for (none of these are against the uni's rules, or are such minor infractions that they are rarely punished):
*me and my boyfriend for sitting too close to each other on my bed. Our door was open. Nothing sexual was happening.
*a girl for walking to the bathroom in just a tshirt and underwear. At 6am, when no men were present.
*our "immodest" dress (translation: workout clothes)
*Watching a PG-13 movie
*swearing (the only one on this list that's technically against the rules but not enforced)
*discussing and joking about "edgy" things such as weed and sex.

Yes, our RA and RD are aware of this. My RA has to remind us EVERY DAY to not make her uncomfortable, and my RD has said the same. RA said that she rats on us cuz she is "afraid for our lives" and truly believes we're all going to hell for our behavior. You can tell she doesn't WANT to side with Jen, but she has to because of her job.

It's gotten out of hand. We can't do much anymore because everything makes her uncomfortable. She will confront us by telling us not to do things. We tell her that we're adults and can make our own decisions. And if we go hang/study somewhere else in the dorms, she joins us so that she can police our behavior. It's insane.

Some girls (and guys) have retaliated by bullying her. I don't think this is the best way to approach it at all. It's hard to explain to her why she's in the wrong cuz she's convinced she has to save us from enter eternal damnation (we've already been saved cuz we're Christians.) I still think she needs counseling.

In the meantime, I want to find some sort of compromise. I don't have a problem with her having her personal convictions, but I do have a problem with her trying to control our lives with it. I want her to feel welcome on our wing, but I want her to stopp doing this. Confrontation has NOT helped.

tl;dr: Wing mate will not stop tattling on us for non-issues because she believes we're not Christians because we aren't as legalistic and fundamental as her.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

This isn't R/relationships but gently caress.

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/859749299986604032

Can we start a Kickstarter to have this person castrated?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

The Lone Badger posted:

it would be better to rip out his tongue and chop off his hands imo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Lone Badger posted:

i somehow dont think this will be necessary

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Haifisch posted:

A very conservative/fundamentalist girl [19F] on my [19F] dorm wing has been trying police our [19-20F] behavior, believing we're all going to hell for petty things.

Some people are just fundamentally (haw) broken human beings because religion really is that terrifying if you truly believe it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dienes posted:

No question. People pawing through their partner's poo poo for no reason other to find something to be mad about piss me off.

My ex installed spy software on my PC because she didn't trust me. She found out I would sometimes say I was going to bed but actually play video games for an hour and then go to bed :geno:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

My ex installed spy software on my PC because she didn't trust me. She found out I would sometimes say I was going to bed but actually play video games for an hour and then go to bed :geno:

Dude you're a real piece of poo poo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Some people are just fundamentally (haw) broken human beings because religion really is that terrifying if you truly believe it.

Help, I go to a Christian college and for some reason my dorm-mate behaves as if there is an omnipotent, omniscient being constantly watching and judging them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Clark Nova posted:

Help, I go to a Christian college and for some reason my dorm-mate behaves as if there is an omnipotent, omniscient being constantly watching and judging them.

Jack him off

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Kurieg posted:

clearly the ultimate cuckoldry is raising a son that fucks the 19 year old you detonated your marriage over

and his mom

and then you

help me I cannot stop him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

brakeless posted:

clearly the ultimate cuckoldry is raising a son that fucks the 19 year old you detonated your marriage over

and his mom

and then you

help me I cannot stop him

As a father I can only say inshallah

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Haifisch posted:

I had an RA like this one. After college he came out of the closet.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 4, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

The only solution is a serious hazing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

therobit posted:

The only solution is a serious hazing.
The best part is that "serious" judging by the fundie's standards would just be, like, taking her to a beach with people in bikinis. The horror!

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Kurieg posted:

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/859749299986604032

I think of it like rear end-pennies. I can't be absolutely sure, but there's a non-zero chance that any random older guy has been cucked by me in just this fashion and that gives me the upper hand in any negotiations. I also imagine that I have therefore retroactively cucked every man in their family line, making me almost like the Genghis Khan of cuckolding.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Blue Train posted:

This is extremely funny but a good husband would have gotten her to lose weight

YO, CAN A BITCH JUST LIVE?!? Why are you policing her loving weight like that, gently caress.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I did this. I did it to my ex. I daresay I'll do it again if anyone ever decides to flip that terrible coin once more.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also that person doesn't seem to get that sons are for keeping the family business alive and training to fight and whatever. Daughters are for cherishing and being proud of and making you feel like you can produce something wonderful and lovely and good. You catch your son working his rear end off at HQ and you're like, drat right boy. You catch your daughter smiling at a hummingbird and you are like gosh, my daughter is perfect in every way and I am such a lucky man, I am blessed to know that someone like me could create something so beautiful and pure.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Also that person doesn't seem to get that sons are for keeping the family business alive and training to fight and whatever. Daughters are for cherishing and being proud of and making you feel like you can produce something wonderful and lovely and good. You catch your son working his rear end off at HQ and you're like, drat right boy. You catch your daughter smiling at a hummingbird and you are like gosh, my daughter is perfect in every way and I am such a lucky man, I am blessed to know that someone like me could create something so beautiful and pure.

Nah, sons are for doing hard labor and when the settlement is threatened sending them off to die in droves to protect the women, for good reason. Women are valuable assets. Not only would it take us a long time to come back from losing a substantial portion of the women folk, every daughter is worth a dowry and are ripe to be sold off to the nearest family that still has a son left over, then you gain a son, a bunch of property, and maybe those two little shits will make more kids.

Sons are expendable. Daughters are money in the bank, baby.

Edit: That's not how dowry's work yes I know I was really not firing on all cylinders last night. But women are still property. :black101:

NomChompsky fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 4, 2017

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Well I'm definitely a failure as a daughter. I spent a year of my childhood obsessed with the idea of catching a hummingbird, skinning and tanning it, eating it, preserving its bones, and becoming a wizard.

I lived in Southeast Texas. There were no hummingbirds. I was neither pure nor good and I looked like a haystack with glasses and stilts. CUCKED AGAIN

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Sons are for projecting your own failures and insecurities onto. Daughters are for wishing you had sons but whatever I guess this weird girl thing will have to do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hummingbirds do live in southeastern Texas, all of Texas actually.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Probably. They were all smart enough to stay the hell away from me, though. I kinda lived in a yaupon thicket in the middle of a gator swamp though so if there's a single pocket of No Hummingbirds in the USA that's probably it.

I was, and remain, super nearsighted though. And extremely loud.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

NomChompsky posted:

Women are valuable assets. Not only would it take us a long time to come back from losing a substantial portion of the women folk, every daughter is worth a dowry and are ripe to be sold off to the nearest family that still has a son left over, then you gain a son, a bunch of property, and maybe those two little shits will make more kids.

Sons are expendable. Daughters are money in the bank, baby.

Are you thinking of bride prices? Dowries go the other way. You gotta save up to pay somebody to take your daughters off your hands.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ask me how desirable you become the week before finals in art school when you're good at art

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Elsa posted:

ask me how desirable you become the week before finals in art school when you're good at art

Isn't an art final just "make a art?"

Why would you need to be good at it? After all, who can judge whether art is objectively good or not?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

WampaLord posted:

Isn't an art final just "make a art?"

Why would you need to be good at it? After all, who can judge whether art is objectively good or not?

none of these are the question I invited you to ask

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Elsa posted:

none of these are the question I invited you to ask

*inhales deeply*

After all, what is art, man?

*exhales bong rip*

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

WampaLord posted:

*inhales deeply*

After all, what is art, man?

*exhales bong rip*

*receives bong*

I guess none of this matters if you want to just

*takes rip*

draw one page of hand drawn webcomics per week or make etsy shirt prints and never become a working artist but otherwise it's kind of important to be capable of realistic, representational art

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
but you're right it's quite common to earn an art degree and never make use of it

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
the fact that i work my rear end off (lol) every day to enable artists a living is the difference between us and the cavemen

what 'm trayin to say is gently caress u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you do what now?