Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

K. Waste is trying to watch all The Ring and The Grudge movies.

K. Waste posted:

I got a lot of loving movies to get through before then, but The Ring Virus managed to light the fire in my belly enough that I'm really enthusiastic. gently caress it, let's check out the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLA6nfPvRo

Looks on point, let's see, how far away am I from it?

Rats.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Tales from the Grudge sounds like my poo poo.

K. Waste posted:

I'm just glad there was only one crossover so that I didn't force myself to--

Wait... what?

No...

Oh, God, please be a joke, please be a--

Oh, God, they're everywhere!

Wait, WHO THE gently caress IS KUCHISAKE-ONNA?!?!

Oh, God, they just keep coming...

I'll never escape them... They're, they're all around me!!!

Oh, my god...

This was their plan... This was their plan all along...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

*demonic cackling*

K. Waste posted:

Okay, now that I've calmed down, this is... this is do-able...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If you watch six and a half movies a day, you could theoretically fit all of those in before you die on the seventh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
A girl named "Hikiko Mori"? Really?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Oh no. I've only watched everything from k waste's first list. Being a weirdo completionist, imagine my reactions being identical to his in real time...oh, oh no...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm a big enough dork to think that is a loving brilliant pun, I guess.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Flaky creamy cheese....crystals?

Yes.

Have you ever let a deeply aged Gouda-- caramel-colored, nutty, dense, like the flesh of a roasted chestnut-- start to warm and soften on your tongue, then bit into it? Sweet, rich velvet with a sudden burst of tiny crunches like millefeuille flakes that disappear into nothing as soon as they strike your teeth? The crunchy bits are tyrosine crystals and they are the dividing line between "pretty good cheese" and "pretty drat good cheese."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Do not argue with Elise about descriptors. You will lose.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Or worse: you'll have to listen to me use descriptive language.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, guess I need to start eating better cheeses. Maybe tomorrow I'll venture into the fancy cheese section of Mariano's.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Can't go wrong with an aged Gouda. A really good, sharp white cheddar is best with beer, but if you want to experience the crunchy bits, aged Gouda is your best bet. If you're like me you'll need a glass of Pinot Noir, a few figs or some berries, a bubble bath, and like a recording of whale songs or some poo poo for the full experience.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Same

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

gently caress all you WSU people. sincerely, a husky

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

gently caress all you WSU people. sincerely, a husky

Yeah no one cares about your pants size, now why do you hate WSU so much again?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm glad you're off probation, avshalom

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha I just assumed they were talking about posting crystals haha please don't write about being fat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You're Weird Al?

You know it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

For those of us who aren't massive loving otaku or native Japanese speakers, would you mind explaining what is apparently a really good pun?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hikikomori is the japanese term for a extreme shut-in.

(Though as far as japanese puns go its incredibly poo poo tier)

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 09:01 on May 14, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Smh if you didn't learn about the hikikomori rpg here on sa like 10 years ago

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's the Japanese name equivalent of an English language movie having a dude literally named Goony McShut-In

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hikikomori is the japanese term for a extreme shut-in.

That, and mori = of death in Latin.

Edit: Or maybe not of death exactly, I've forgotten a lot of Latin grammar. The point is, creepy Japanese ghost girl's name is a bilingual pun.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 10:12 on May 14, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quad posted:

tl;dr I turned down Fun Bed Time with a Lady yesterday because her TV was set to that awful Soap Opera Motion Interpolation setting and there wasn't going to be a non-snobbily percieved way to fix it or talk about it.

It was like friends of friends and I didn't know the group well enough and it would've been a "Alright Scorcese, who cares, don't mess with my settings" thing, but ugh it is completely insufferable to wade through GalaxyQuest and TMNT in the first place, let alone looking like that. So after the movies were watched, beer drank, weed smoked and make-outs, I sheepishly did a really obvious BS "I gotta work in the morning" thing.

I should break into her apartment and fix the setting, wait for her to get used to it, and then do another movie night.

HOW DO PEOPLE WATCH LIKE THAT

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smh if you didn't learn about the hikikomori rpg here on sa like 10 years ago

Hikikomori RPG? I'm playing right now.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

This is the gooniest loving thing I've ever heard and I make movies for a living.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Any problem with posting some oldish quotes? I read through old threads because im dumb

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone who refers to sex as "Fun Bed Time with a Lady" even once should be branded on the forehead and cast into exile.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

funmanguy posted:

Any problem with posting some oldish quotes? I read through old threads because im dumb

I'd love to see some classic goonin'.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Mass Effect chat

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The true ending was destroy (the franchise and IP)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Anyone who refers to sex as "Fun Bed Time with a Lady" even once should be branded on the forehead and cast into exile.

Every time I see posts that refer to 'sexy times' I mentally add a few pounds and greasy hair to one or both participants.

These are usually e/n style wining about how someone hosed up something stupid so I guess it isn't far from the truth.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
From stardew valley thread

Joda posted:

Is there some secret to decorating the house so your spouse doesn't complain about pathing? I keep getting "so messy in here" while she stands in the same spot all day. I assume it's a way to tell the player that she can't navigate to wherever she needs to go, but I keep getting it even when I remove all the special furniture and leave the TV, bed and table exactly where they were originally.

eonwe posted:

welcome to marriage

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd love to see some classic goonin'.

Yeah we think people make awfull posts now but some of the one that get quoted as "x came out of the closet to post" are a hoot.

I can't remember if this thread has just dumped all the Granos thread yet (it's almost certainly in the goldmine and free to view even without archives right?) but there are a couple of those that are extremely choice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bad cheese pun

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chitin posted:

This is the gooniest loving thing I've ever heard and I make movies for a living.

Wading through Galaxy Quest?

smdh

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

“So what is it?”
“A legume.”
“What? Man, it’s called nut. Pea-NUT.”
The two arguing youths were silhouetted against the coffee-shop window.
“Commonly called a nut it is actually a roasted seed. It is incorrectly assumed to be a nut.”
“What’s the big deal? So the bag says ‘Mixed fruit and nuts’. You think it should be ‘Mixed fruit, nuts and seeds’?”
“Yes!”
Heads turned. Customers looked over to the pair.
“Oh, man…”
“If lazy thinking hadn’t taken root then we would be correctly describing the arachis hypogaea as a seed.”
“But if everyone’s calling them nuts, why not just accept they are nuts?”
“They don’t meet the definition of nuts, Dion, and you know it!”
The young man’s face flushed.
“Without a hard shell a seed cannot be classified as a nut. You may consider them nuts but I do not. And you know what?”
He brought his face closer to other youth’s.
“I’m right and you, society and Planter’s are WRONG!”
A figure moved from the counter towards the pair. The youths didn’t see him until he was close. His back was bent and his face was leathery, creased and dark. The eyes were shiny marbles deep in their sockets. He seemed infinity old. He reached out one gnarled hand and with a finger he brushed the boy’s cheek. The youth jerked his head back, shocked by the intimacy of the old stranger’s touch. The old man leaned forward and whispered into the boy’s ear. “More pedantic.”
He then smiled a lizard smile and left the coffee shop, leaving the youths speechless and wide eyed.
And that boy grew up to be Fishmech.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

i was guessing jimmy carter

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

[gay people] are like terminators, knowledge of anatomy makes them a more efficient killer.

Improbable Lobster posted:

khia-1000 "I need your neck, your back, your pussy and your crack"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Holy poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Vargs posted:

99.6% of "poor" households have an avocado.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Deg posted:

i'll never forget summer camp of 1998. not just for the friends i made but what i learned about myself. most 15 year old guys don't know what they want in life but i was lucky enough to figure it out that summer -- i just wanted to suck barnacle jims dick and gently caress him.

great memories of the boys rushing down to the docks so we could be the first to suck jims dick in a canoe. the scary campfire stories about jim cutting his own dick off with a frolf discs. getting out of our bunks after lights out to suck barnacle jims dick and cum on his face. that cute 18 year old female camp counselor who helped damage jims hole while i sucked him off.

now i'm an adult looking forward to sending my own boys off to camp. i've got a feeling jim is still there... still getting sucked off, still getting his long face cummed on.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There are like 10 good posters in FYAD but they output 50% of the quotes worth reading on SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There are like 10 good posters in FYAD but they output 50% of the quotes worth reading on SA

That's actually way too inside baseball for anyone outside of FYAD to care. Sorry to break it to you like that.