Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Moltrey posted:

as a strong gamer, i sit and analyze every new screen intensely, sometimes for as long as ten minutes, as if im playing a game of chess with this fun number algorithm story delivering program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

sebmojo posted:

it's like a dick, and balls

Let's just say the base is flared

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

On a related note, it makes me unreasonably angry when people call themselves a "writer" or "artist" or "musician" or whatever when they have never truly successfully done it for a living, let alone made any money off of it.

Jerry Cotton posted:

"I'm a biker."
"Oh yeah do you make money riding your bike?" :smuggo:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"I'm a wanker"
"Oh yeah do you make money from .... no wait don;t answer that"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Pingiivi posted:

OK. So you've been bagged and stripped and you're in some death cave. Now you've pooped your key and get your hands free. What now?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

GBS CYOA resurgence?

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Pingiivi posted:

My survival buttshank is always ready to go.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

So Van Gogh isn't an artist, right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

So Van Gogh isn't an artist, right?

I thought he sold a bunch of paintings and the whole "he only ever sold one/none" was just something crummy artists told themselves as a way to avoid reality.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sabreseven posted:

Turns out I am probably allergic to blue cheese, my rear end is burning with such malice and evil that I'm half expecting two midgets and a loving wizard turning up to carry it into Mordor.

:(

Never again.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I want someone to die from a bizarre masturbation ritual. Carradine came close but I'm hoping someone else goes even further

Lurdiak posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Later:

Gonz posted:

Chris Cornell died.

What the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/865108881122488320

Timby posted:

Cornell's death being investigated as a suicide. :(

ruddiger posted:

He didn't want to live in a world without Powers Boothe.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually be didn't want to live in a world with Roger Ailes. If only he had waited just a little longer...

Baron von Eevl posted:

Cornell actually just read Lurdiak's post :(

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I want a language like German except instead of Masculine Feminine and Neuter all words are either Animal Woman or Bodily Discharge.

homullus posted:

Animals, Women, and Bodily Discharges are the foundation of the internet.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The Phlegmatist posted:

okay sure (this is also what I think of most genre fiction)

"Let's do this"
"Aye, onneleigh as' ret as ye erre."

Fizzlewort von Science Fiction Name looked over to his loyal companion, Thruddsworth. He had once been a simple haberdasher; short and stocky and rather ugly. Once Magic had entered into the World of Science Fiction Fantasy Name, he had changed. Rapidly. His beard grew. He started speaking in a thick Scottish accent. Gained an affinity for machines and a +1 on his Fortitude saves.

The ominous citadel doors in front of them were foreboding. And made of marble. Thruddsworth raised his right hand, covered in a steam-powered gauntlet that was also +2 against werewolves and possibly from the Old Races spoken of in Chapter 2, against the keypad of the door. He slowly depressed a button on his gauntlet, and his hand sprung into action of its own accord. Up. Down. Up and to the left. At once, cutting over again, immediately, to the right. The signum crucis. An ancient symbol, its meaning unknown.

The doors groaned open. The inside was filled with strange new things; icons, crucifixes, funny hats. Wondrous treasures from the Old Races. They couldn't believe their luck. But lo, who draws near but a bearded man in a polo shirt and khakis.

"Who goes there?" said Fizzlewort.

The bearded man looked at them in contempt and said "actually, slavery was a fair institution and the Holocaust wasn't real."

"Erin go braugh we'd meddled inte some Orthodox Facebook group, e're man fer he's self!"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm not sure if its bullying but in high school we told one of our bros that we were all dancing at the talent show. And like, he'd go out there and start dancing first and be like "Boys! Help me out!" and we'd join him on stage. But like, we were in the audience watching and we didn't come out and he ran off stage embarrassed after doing the introductory dance number. drat that was funny. It was to that song that went "This is the Rhythm of the Niiight" and we even had a fake dance number choreographed to trick him.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's my favorite prank, making fake choreography for my bros

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

surebet posted:

dude had an ar-15, tries for a melee but somehow manages to throw it at the cop instead

:allears:

Zaphod42 posted:

An AR-15 is a rifle, son. Not a shotgun. :clint:

canyoneer posted:

Actually you'll find it was an unshot gun if you watch the video

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Pick posted:

Cougar Gold is sold this way and it is extremely good.

gently caress all y'all, because of this thread I am eating Cougar Gold RIGHT NOW.

Two pounds of canned cheese. I wait for death with my eyes on glory.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
And a constipated butthole

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

elise the great posted:

gently caress all y'all, because of this thread I am eating Cougar Gold RIGHT NOW.

I had never heard of this before last week and now I'm seeing it pop up all over the place. It looks and sounds amazing but it is $22 for a can and apparently I am too poor for cheese :smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

titties posted:

I had never heard of this before last week and now I'm seeing it pop up all over the place. It looks and sounds amazing but it is $22 for a can and apparently I am too poor for cheese :smith:

I'm tempted to try it, but from another thread I don't know if I have enough cheese experience to really enjoy it. I bought a 5 year old gouda thats sitting in my fridge. So I wanna see what these "flakey cheese crystals" are before I cannonball into the deep end of some niche canned Washingtonian cheddar cheese. I feel this cheese may be more advanced than I can handle.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If this is viral marketing, congratulations, it worked. Seriously considering ordering university canned cheese on the internet.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Just go to wheatever whole foods equivelent you live near when you get a chance and buy some cheddar from their artisanal cheese place. It will have crystals and taste good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I do not think quality when I hear the phrase "canned, university sports team branded cheese"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I do not think quality when I hear the phrase "canned, university sports team branded cheese"

What if I told you that it had flavor crystals? Like that gum from the 90's.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
All this cheese talk is giving me sympathy farts.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

All this cheese talk is giving me sympathy farts.

More like absurd asshazard

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Somfin posted:

Yeah. :smith:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Somfin posted:

More like oldfartless! Wait...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cougs is not just a football team

cougs is life

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Alaois posted:

cougs is not just a football team

cougs is life

On an entirely unrelated topic, how's yer mother?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

It has nothing to do with sports. Washington state university is a well-established institution with a very strong agriculture program, and their dairy program is exceptional. It is sold in cans because they invented the cheese canning process.

My dad ages Cougar Gold in hideaways around his property which I assume will last forever.

Pick has a new favorite as of 07:32 on May 20, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Ages canned cheese? Jesus.

So these crystals, it's like Gatorade powder mixed in? I guess orange crystals could be tasty.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Outrail posted:

So these crystals, it's like Gatorade powder mixed in? I guess orange crystals could be tasty.

Wikipedia posted:

Cheese crystals are whitish, semi-solid to solid, slightly crunchy to gritty crystalline spots, granules, and aggregates that can form on the surface and inside of cheese. Cheese crystals are characteristic of many long-aged hard cheeses.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
The cheese comes with a little pamphlet urging you to remove it from the can for storage once it's opened, because the can is ideal for aging while it remains hermetically sealed, but once you open it you'll quickly start to see degradation and discoloration as the metal oxidizes and reacts with the acidity of the cheese. You're also repeatedly advised that the canning process is to maintain biostasis and balanced pH, but does not provide shelf stability-- it has to be refrigerated even before the seal is breached. It's a hell of a distance from Cheez Wiz, and it better be, for $22/can.

You don't have to go whole coug to have a splendid cheddar experience, though, really. Roll up to the cheese counter at an upscale grocery and ask if they have any aged cheddars with tyrosine crystallization. Also, while you're there, grab a big pie-slice wedge of fromager d'affinois, a Brie-lookin piece of work that's closer to butter than cheese in texture. Serve it near room temp, with crackers or bread to smear it on, and eat the rind too-- some bloomy-rinded cheeses have strong or bitter rind flavors, but d'affinois has a delicate rind that tastes basically like a white button mushroom covered in brie-like cheese.

I gotta stop talking about food in unrelated threads before I get the world's most embarrassing ban

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I've eaten New Zealand canned Army cheese. It was legitimately great.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
More like elsie the grate

cause you be gratin bout cheese

:downsrim:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 09:42 on May 20, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

appalling cheese pun

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Did you mean... appalling cheese... punnerone?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
No no no, this is the funny forums quotes thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

titties posted:

The can is something like 24 ounces, it's insanely cheap per pound compared to even moderately-priced cheese you'd get at the store.