Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Barudak posted:

Your wife cheated on you within three days of getting married, then instantly bullied you into accepting she get hallf your stuff while she fucks a guy who you live with and your trying to make it work. Even a dog would have poo poo on her rug and run away by this point.

quote:

Apparently 3 days after the wedding my wife fell in love with our mutual best friend (29 F)

less funny or more? you decide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

less funny or more? you decide!

I think its the second time Ive been burned by that so either someday ill learn or my name will be a term for an assumed gendering error and I live in the streets wearing a sackclothe while wailing and gnashing my teeth.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

I [25 F] think i'm poly, my BF [29 M] of 3 years shot me down pretty hard, dunno what to do. [xpost /polyamory]

quote:

That being said, my libido gradually diminished over time to his chagrin and we struggled with that for a while. I stopped taking the pill and things improved a little bit but i still feel like crap for how things unfolds as i'm reallyu the one responsible for it.

cool, she's gonna get pregnant, can't see any way that'll make the situation worse

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lol posted:

The next day was unbearable to me but we met again, and his answer was pretty straightforward : 

No. 

:bisonyes:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I did some soul searching and I learned that my sexuality is: people who aren't you. Let's find a way to make this work. For us.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the difference between "I think I'm poly" and "I want to gently caress other people"?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

People think the former makes it sound better

Oh and also "you get to gently caress other people too!"

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

cumshitter posted:

I did some soul searching and I learned that my sexuality is: people who aren't you. Let's find a way to make this work. For us.

We can make it work. Go ahead and move out so I can get to work on another relationship. I'm glad we had this talk.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

"""progressive""" cred

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

The Lone Badger posted:

What's the difference between "I think I'm poly" and "I want to gently caress other people"?

One is someone that wants the stability of dual incomes and the other is ready to be single.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Not quite pete levels of laconic greatness but pretty good. Savoring the mental image of her "reading books" and studying up, prepared for a big debate and overcoming his objections and he's just all "Nahhh."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Blue Train posted:

People think the former makes it sound better

Oh and also "you get to gently caress other people too!"

Except this part is a lie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dienes posted:

Except this part is a lie.

Yea that poo poo is a trick

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

No poo poo I had a gal I was casually dating want to go steady except it would be an open relationship except that we could only gently caress people we'd already met no actively seeking new ones and except also in some nebulous way I would also be expected to screw fewer side people because the dumb "scoreboard" talk had come up in the past and I had more belt notches than her so it was only "fair" that she got to catch up or w/e.

Needless to say I didn't go for it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I once had an ex who really wanted to get back together and I told him it was only going to happen in a casual dating non exclusive situation and that I would be seeing other people. He actually agreed with the stipulation that he didn't hear about any of it. It was pretty funny and I still can't believe he went for it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Seems like he had the right idea if he just wanted to gently caress

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Actually he was really salty about the whole thing and kept trying to make an actual relationship happen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

darkhand posted:

"""progressive""" cred

Nah is more of a way of getting laid without having to give up your stable comfy relationship.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah is more of a way of getting laid without having to give up your stable comfy relationship.

Oh they will dress it up in the pieties of liberal identitarianism and victim fetishization though. "How dare you deny my my ~sexual identity~ jealousy is the tool of ~abusers~."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Oh they will dress it up in the pieties of liberal identitarianism and victim fetishization though. "How dare you deny my my ~sexual identity~ jealousy is the tool of ~abusers~."

Some will but the majority don't seem too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Some will but the majority don't seem too.

Yeah fair but I seen a few in this here thread that did.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Actually he was really salty about the whole thing and kept trying to make an actual relationship happen.

lovely

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

As a poly person you should understand compersion.

Is compersion what happens to the mattress when three grossly overweight people are using it instead of two?

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Pick posted:

I was in love with a guy with autism and he treated me horribly and I put up with it for over 10 years, even past the point of utter absurdity. That is ultimately the story.

It actually sort of reminds me of that story not from r/r, but from here (?) about the woman whose husband was super obsessed with M:TG.

I married someone with a severe mental illness and saw more hosed up poo poo in 2 years than you saw in 10 with Hugh and I got over it. Get over yourself.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Poly people rarely have all three people using it at the same time

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You're garbage :)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

epsilon posted:

You're garbage :)

🙄

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I broke the rules of our open marriage, and really don't know what to do. (28m, 30f, 20f, 26f, and ~40m)

quote:

Wasn't sure if this would be well received in /r/polyamory, so I am posting here. I think this is a larger subreddit and maybe I can get a wider array of opinions.

A lot of people involved so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

My wife and I have been together for 5 years and married for 3 1/2 years. I am 28/m and she is 30/f. We have no children together, and we agreed to open our marriage up a little over a year ago (late 2011). Initially it was for her to explore her bi-side and we had a few group encounters. Eventually my wife ends up meeting some girl 20/f who ends up moving in with us. They are "together" in their own way, and occasionally we will play together but its mostly her and my wife. My wife also met a guy over the summer who she sees quite frequently. That guy is 40/m (approximately) and I don't really care for him, but he is harmless. I just feel kind of sad for him, and I don't worry about him too much but he is part of our life.

Initially, I was fine with her just exploring on her own because she had an uptight childhood and I was enjoying the threesomes that she set up, and I thought it was a phase. We could have fun for a year or so and then put it behind us and move on. So I had no plans of dating anyone else. Once her guy friend got involved, my opinion sort of changed. I didn't care enough at the time to forbid it, and my thinking was I would cause issues by telling her what she can and can't do.

But I started to act more and more single and put myself out there. Our initial agreement was total upfront honesty, but I threw that out the window. I really didn't like our house turning into a hotel, with my wife and her lovers around all the loving time. I ended up having different three one night stands in August, and out of those ONS I met a girl who I started to have feelings for. That girl, Abby is 26/f and she was my respite from my wife and the madness at home. We saw each other casually for the first month or so, and I dodged around the house set-up and open marriage, but eventually came clean. We took a break when I told her I was married, but eventually she took me back.

She took me back around New Years and we've been seeing each other a lot and she is kind of forcing my hand. She wants me out of my house and a divorce filed soon, or she is out. Right now, I'm struggling with what to do. Do I pursue Abby and abandon my marriage or do I try to give it one last try with the wife. Do I owe it to her to say lets do away with this poly garbage and see if she is willing, or is it better to cut my losses.

tl;dr Wife asked for an open marriage to pursue bi interests. Eventually she brings in her GF as a live-in partner, and adds a male partner. I go against our agreement and start pursuing other women, and meet someone else. The other girl wants me to leave my marriage. Do I leave the marriage or try to fix it?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so he wasn't even allowed to talk to other women? Lol that's not poly friend

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Oh my God, people. Poly is a relationship format, not a sexuality.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Blue Train posted:

so he wasn't even allowed to talk to other women? Lol that's not poly friend

It sounds like he was supposed to bring them home and induct them into his wife's harem before he could gently caress them, which was probably going to be a lot more work and a lot less successful than just having one night stands with barflies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah that relationship is less poly and more him acting as her hype man

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

I [25 F] think i'm poly, my BF [29 M] of 3 years shot me down pretty hard, dunno what to do. [xpost /polyamory]
She's totally gonna end up cheating and this is why if someone ever pops that question with you you should just end things on the spot.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Haifisch posted:

I like how these people who can't keep a libido up for one partner think they're going to make a relationship with multiple partners work

in the event that you DO somehow make that happen you're just going to crush your partner when they realize they're incapable of fulfilling your needs and you prefer having sex with other people

if you're not d2f all the time you should probably stick to one partner instead of trying to have variety in your sex life among long term partners. if you can't meet the needs of partner one, what makes you think you can meet the needs of partner two?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haifisch posted:

I broke the rules of our open marriage, and really don't know what to do. (28m, 30f, 20f, 26f, and ~40m)

Lol I'm not even against poly relationships but if you post something to Reddit with that many goddamn people involved I'm gonna have a laugh at your expense for sure. Good luck with your clusterfuck of a relationship lmao

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

It's also great if you have different sleeping patterns or habits. Also during the summer. I would hate to have to share a bed in the summer.

I've lived with my partner for the past three years and we've had separate rooms this whole time and it's pretty great. I don't wake her up when I have to wake up early for work, she doesn't keep me up when she's on her phone because she can't sleep.

Just wanted to say thank you for this - my boyfriend and I have discussed moving in together with this arrangement and it's nice to see someone else is doing this and having success, even if everyone around us thinks it's weird. :shobon:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Haifisch posted:

I had to go over to reddit to see what the comments were for this one. r/relationships had the most responses compared to the bare handful from the crosspost to the poly subreddit. Only a couple responses there were sane telling her that she has to decide what she wants and if she's sticking with him, she's going to have to work on rebuilding trust. The rest was one guy who said his wife's poly and he was against it too until she made him go to therapy which made him come around to it because of his flaws and the others all saying she did nothing wrong and it's the boyfriend's fault.

I'm still smirking over how she built it up to nitpick him on his "flaws" and convert him to poly and completely got blindsided that he read up on it himself and gave a firm No.

If there was ever an update, I couldn't find it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Im curious what the update is but good on the other woman realizing this dude is an unmoored boat that she just needs to apply s teensy bit of pressure to have him go where she wants.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Drunk Nerds posted:

As a guy who has had to wash up his vomit covered, really attractive female friends on more than one occasion, I can definitively say that it is not sexy in the slightest.

Even further, I had major crush on one of them. After having to wipe off their naked, vomit-caked body, I no longer had a crush.

Been there way back in the drinking days. Oh no, my crush is puking and fading in and out of consciousness, but still trying to get in her car. I guess I'm just going to carry her hundred pound rear end the five blocks to her apartment, clean her up a bit, change her vomity shirt, tuck her in laying on her side propped up with some stuff and then stop by her boyfriend's house on the way back home and let him know what's up.

Literally the least sexy thing possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Haifisch posted:

Eventually my wife ends up meeting some girl 20/f who ends up moving in...

... I was enjoying the threesomes that she set up... Once her guy friend got involved, my opinion sort of changed. 

lol at this part though, poo poo was fine when it meant he got to gently caress some college girl but then another penis got involved so now it's a problem