Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

i would rather civilians have any guns than the police

a guy near Indianapolis was making a home video with his friends as a robber when a cop walking down the street saw him and almost shot him to death lmao

http://fox59.com/2017/09/27/crawfordsville-officer-fires-shot-at-actor-filming-robbery-scene-for-movie/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zyla posted:

mwahahahhahahahahahahahhaah

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

jesus goddamn loving christ this video

holy loving gently caress

all it needs is a goddamn baboon holding up a trump baby on the top of a cliff at the end

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Guy Goodbody posted:

that bolt gun he had didn't actually work, it was all faked with movie magic

remember the really long monologue about how the mysterious murder weapon liquifies peoples brains and then tommy lee jones goes on about how captive bolt stunners liquify cows brains but somehow he doesn't make the connection even though he's talking about the same thing within 2 miniutes

no country for old man was a really dumb movie

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

lol it should be emphasized that he did absolutely nothing illegal until he pulled the trigger

and I'm talking "illegal for a pleb" much less the loftier standard applied to millionaire white guys

He pre-meditated which is illegal. Maybe we can pass a law making that harder??

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

interestingly, black powder weapons are considered antiques and don't fall under the typical "firearm" definition, so even felons and nutjobs can buy them off of the shelf at a wal-mart with no background check

the framers only meant black powder weapons

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Hey guess what, as you age and your brain literally melts from old disease you become more likely to vote for republicans.

Many of the young people in the blue column will turn into old people in the red column

a culture of fear is a hell of a thing

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hey how about we adopt a stricter UK model that regulates strongly who is allowed to guns, what guns they have, instead of offering solutions that won't work for practical and legal reasons

It's like none of you are capable of imagining policy to reduce the frequency of mass shootings, like tightly monitored and regulated gun ownership,

Rather you all just take mass shootings as a given and are thinking of ways to reduce casualties instead of reducing the shootings themselves

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol you can see the remnants of whatever was written previously not fully wiped off.

Hi, I'm recovering in the hospital after being injured during a mass shooting. What's important to me today? #MAGA.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Baloogan posted:

post ur gunz

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Al! posted:

remember the really long monologue about how the mysterious murder weapon liquifies peoples brains and then tommy lee jones goes on about how captive bolt stunners liquify cows brains but somehow he doesn't make the connection even though he's talking about the same thing within 2 miniutes

no country for old man was a really dumb movie

:thunk:

Apr 7, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Hey how about we adopt a stricter UK model that regulates strongly who is allowed to guns, what guns they have, instead of offering solutions that won't work for practical and legal reasons

It's like none of you are capable of imagining policy to reduce the frequency of mass shootings, like tightly monitored and regulated gun ownership,

Rather you all just take mass shootings as a given and are thinking of ways to reduce casualties instead of reducing the shootings themselves

Sandy Hook was the effective end of the gun control debate in the United States. Americans signaled that they were perfectly okay with small children being executed if it meant that they could own guns.

Red State America is a death cult.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

interestingly, black powder weapons are considered antiques and don't fall under the typical "firearm" definition, so even felons and nutjobs can buy them off of the shelf at a wal-mart with no background check

well duh, the founding fathers wrote the second amendment for muskets and muzzle loaders

also lol at getting killed by a robbery with a black powder rifle loser

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

so, what, 30 minutes after a security found him, who got to him 20 minutes after he stopped shooting?

Yeah, a real miracle.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

keratinous scutes posted:

New law your friend has to reload everyones clips.

Bad guy fires 6 shots, cant reload. Meanwhile good guys with guns are being reloaded by the arthritic guy, guess who's getting shot as soon as he's done?

Well now you just invite a dictatorship of the arthritic

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/915715985683943424

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Rah! posted:

all people are a mistake

ftfy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

thank you my mysterious benefactors for this grave responsibility i promise to use it LIKE A TRUMP

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Duscat posted:

jesus goddamn loving christ this video

holy loving gently caress

all it needs is a goddamn baboon holding up a trump baby on the top of a cliff at the end

god why did I watch it

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

i love that its a live version because that was probably cheaper to license

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Many of the young people in the blue column will turn into old people in the red column

a culture of fear is a hell of a thing

We're going to find out in 20 years that automobile exhaust slowly causes a learning disorder that settles at age 40 and makes you vote for the dumbest mother fucker you can find.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

lol surveillance state

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
how about if u want to own guns you have to write a 1000 word essay about your interpreation of eva

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sandy Hook was the effective end of the gun control debate in the United States. Americans signaled that they were perfectly okay with small children being executed if it meant that they could own guns.

Red State America is a death cult.

yeah that's when I just gave up on it being an issue at all. Americans are just sick in the head.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

how about if u want to own firearms u have to trade in a regular arm in exchange, so unless ur an octopus u can only have 2 max

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=hFvc8fkyjA4

:stonk:

Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

We're going to find out in 20 years that automobile exhaust slowly causes a learning disorder that settles at age 40 and makes you vote for the dumbest mother fucker you can find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_world_syndrome

Americans are taught all their life that they are surrounded by baying barbarians (both from within and without) who want to take what they have.

As soon as they have something they're afraid to lose, they move into the red column.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Der Meister posted:

god why did I watch it

dont feel bad i hate myself too

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

juche avocado posted:

cspam radicalized me to posting in aimless lowercase whatever thoughts might cross my mind

how has cspam radicalized you??

i now ride a skateboard with my hat flipped backwards and NO ELBOW PADS

Apr 7, 2003

zegermans posted:

yeah that's when I just gave up on it being an issue at all. Americans are just sick in the head.

It is more important in our popular culture to laud those who die in preventable incidents than it is to prevent those incidents.

That isn't healthy or normal.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
in order to own a gun you should face a test where you strangle a cute baby bunny to death just to test your resolve

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Baloogan posted:

how about if u want to own guns you have to write a 1000 word essay about your interpreation of eva

does a Toji/Kensuke slashfic count?

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Chokes McGee posted:

I now wear a backwards baseball cap and shades while skateboarding

ah gently caress someone beat me to it

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

in order to own a gun you should face a test where you strangle a cute baby bunny to death just to test your resolve

My dad made me shoot my own sick dog when I was twelve

thanks dad

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Calibanibal posted:

how about if u want to own firearms u have to trade in a regular arm in exchange, so unless ur an octopus u can only have 2 max

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

ahahahah the gently caress is going on w/ the slide

that gun looks like a movie prop

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Someone else goes to the strip club up in here :q:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
If the founding fathers had any idea what the consequences of the second amendment would be, it would have never been added to the bill of rights.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Phi230 posted:

actually about 60% of the country wants stricter gun control laws and regulations but unfortunately about 30% of the country actually gets to decide and that 30% has decided that we're actually a nation of screaming molochites desperate to slick the throats of the gods' of death with the blood of our children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BAE OF PIGS posted:

If the founding fathers had any idea what the consequences of the second amendment would be, it would have never been added to the bill of rights.

Fake news

• Locked thread