Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Day late, but worth sharing:

And oh yeah, there's comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
You can hear the sound of pearls being clutched from East Haven. I didn't know Italians cared about the guy that much, honestly.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jesus was rewritten already. Many times. Many many many times.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

loving one's cousin is legal in most of the world.

e: I guess it was so prevalent in the US they had to ban it.

There's no key to know which color means what but judging by the southern US I gotta believe blue = illegal?

e: hoo boy I was wrong

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's no key to know which color means what but judging by the southern US I gotta believe blue = illegal?

USA and China. Notable liberal nations on sexuality.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

The sentence I posted above the map wasn't clue enough? I'm really not an expert of the geopolitics of cousin-loving but I'm pretty sure it really was made illegal mostly in places where it was so prevalent it was causing problems. Feel free to prove me wrong, cousinfuckologists!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
[quote="“Jerry Cotton”" post="“477252823”"]
The sentence I posted above the map wasn’t clue enough? I’m really not an expert of the geopolitics of cousin-loving but I’m pretty sure it really was made illegal mostly in places where it was so prevalent it was causing problems. Feel free to prove me wrong, cousinfuckologists!
[/quote]

That's where I got confused because the second line was that it got so prevalent they had to ban it. The south is known for its cousin loving so my mind immediately went to blue=bad

MY MISTAKE GEEZ

e: lol I guess I should say blue=illegal. Blue still bad either way

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm pretty sure it really was made illegal mostly in places where it was so prevalent it was causing problems.

:thunk:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Hapsburgs are not representative of communities as a whole.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Hapsburgs are not representative of communities as a whole.

The Hapsburgs were like a reverse super soldier program to create the least competent individual in power.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nucleartakes/status/917862245563957248

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
About the latest wildfires in California.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
[quote="“Dienes”" post="“477241273”"]
You tell me.
[timg] https://i.imgur.com/4A7Nwr8.png[/timg]
[/quote]

“Only intellectual posts is tolerated.” Said the ubermensch that didn’t know subjects and verbs had to agree. Unless that’s the joke but way to make your group look like idiots to the non-Ricks of the world.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not proud to say that red is a family member, and blue is one of their siblings (black is me):

https://imgur.com/92MUYF2

This ticks several right-wing boxes: dog whistling about Chicago, bullshit abut Margaret Sanger and genocide, trying to avoid the gun control debate, etc.

My favorite part is the “strictest gun laws” bit because that’s total bullshit, but without that lie their whole stupid argument falls apart and we can’t have that :jerkbag:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Doesn't the military oppose the draft because they don't want to process hundreds of thousands of unwilling conscripts every year?

I know when Sweden paused the draft they were rejecting about 2/3 of the people who wanted to serve

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dejawesp posted:

Doesn't the military oppose the draft because they don't want to process hundreds of thousands of unwilling conscripts every year?

That plus our military is built around the idea of professional soldiers who want to not break the incredibly expensive equipment they're expected to use. We're no longer in the "tin hat and gun" mode of war. training up a group of people who don't have the will to perform to the level that is expected is not really an option anymore.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"I'm gonna call the cops" is apparently an insult. "Back in my day, we handled criminals ourselves. All we needed was a rope and a tree."

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
We honor LEOs by never asking them to do anything

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

that scene only happens in the movie not the book

so whoever wrote that could be a filthy casual moviewatcher and not a True Fan

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DC fans sure are something else.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

The sentence I posted above the map wasn't clue enough? I'm really not an expert of the geopolitics of cousin-loving but I'm pretty sure it really was made illegal mostly in places where it was so prevalent it was causing problems. Feel free to prove me wrong, cousinfuckologists!

It's actually made illegal in places that fell under some faulty eugenics claims that cousin-marriages would produce a bunch of defective offspring. Europe didn't take much stock in those arguments, so they didn't do the same. I guess they just had more intimate knowledge of how much incest it takes to really start loving things up.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

first of all, lmao @ "The Libnorents":

second of all, the cited source literally makes poo poo (har har) up; that's a mugshot of a completely different guy named Michael Lacey, one of the founders of backpage.com, best known for its prostitution advertising

from the article:

quote:

Andrew Whitmore, 53, was “visibly under the influence of alcohol,” according to witnesses, when he decided to take down his pants and defecate on the schoolyard in front of disturbed students and teachers.

Mr. Whitmore, a registered Democrat, also embarrassed himself further when he lost his balance and “fell to the ground into his own pile of feces” before passing out. He was eventually carried away by local police officers.

“He started yelling something about Trump being a racist pig and a fascist **** or something,” one student told local reporters.

“He dropped down his pants and everybody was shocked, but then he started to crap on the grass, fell down and started puking all over himself. It was truly disturbing,” said another student, visibly repulsed.

I mean it's literal stdh.txt for people that daydream about people smarter than themselves getting some sort of comeuppance

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

there wolf posted:

It's actually made illegal in places that fell under some faulty eugenics claims that cousin-marriages would produce a bunch of defective offspring. Europe didn't take much stock in those arguments, so they didn't do the same. I guess they just had more intimate knowledge of how much incest it takes to really start loving things up.

Royals had to be able to marry someone.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm pretty sure like 90% of North America is also Hapsburgs by now. :v:

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

Panfilo posted:

Why are they so invested in defending her? Why doesn't the fact that you told her you were actually homeless for a while seem to have any credibility with anyone? Would she make the same assumptions about you had she run into you while you were homeless, that she makes about other homeless people as well?

Telling someone you were homeless actually reduces your credibility, hth

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Yeah, this is America. If you were homeless it's just because you were too lazy to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and become a self-made man!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Fathis Munk posted:

Hahaha, bullshit.

Seriously. The original statement is dickish as hell, not to mention that the whole “repeal Obamacare” thing implies denying millions health coverage and probably greatly affects people in AZ.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Ah yes, I'm sure arming and training a bunch of people that already dislike you and sending them off to war against their will is a great plan

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

tyblazitar posted:

DC fans sure are something else.

"Sorry, but we don't negotiate with terrorists."

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Besesoth posted:

"Sorry, but we don't negotiate with terrorists."

Also he calls out Zach Snyder despite Zach having directed BvS and Justice League?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also he calls out Zach Snyder despite Zach having directed BvS and Justice League?

To be fair, Zach Snyder sucks rear end.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

RC and Moon Pie posted:

You don't know how true that is... Rome actually banned cousin marriage up to three/four degrees of consanguinity, and the Church kept that rolling right into the Medieval era. But the nobility quickly all married each other, and since they couldn't/wouldn't marry anyone else, they had to get dispensations from the church for it which lead to the rules gradually getting simplified and relaxed because the demand was so high.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dejawesp posted:

The Hapsburgs were like a reverse super soldier program to create the least competent individual in power.

Little did they know that all they needed was a reality TV show star and a dream.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

My man confused Zack Snyder with James Gunn lmao

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

I was confused by that and looked it up. I guess there's a group making fun of DC and Snyder that goes by that name.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Adel posted:

My favorite part is the “strictest gun laws” bit because that’s total bullshit, but without that lie their whole stupid argument falls apart and we can’t have that :jerkbag:

This same individual is a Vietnam veteran (I'm not sure how much combat he saw) who is absolutely convinced that the NFL is personally disrespecting him and the rest of 'are troops' because of kneeling during the national anthem. I've tried to be understanding and to reason with him, but he nearly unfriended me in a fit of pique when I wrote a post a few weeks ago about how stupid and lovely it was to equate antifa and the Jason Kessler Nazis (I live in the Charlottesville area).

I'm honestly not sure how much of it is racism and how much of it is veteran-as-an-identity (I respect his service, but I don't have much patience for entitled people - including veterans, even if they sacrificed a lot for us).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

AppleCobbler posted:

Telling someone you were homeless actually reduces your credibility, hth

Maybe, but Americans also love stories of redemption. Look at evangelical testimonials about their life before being saved; they were giving handjobs for crack as a transvestite Soros Crisis Actor in Sandy hook but now they are better! If someone was formerly homeless they could argue something changed in their life to make them not-homeless, and regardless of what it was it is better that they aren't homeless if people are going to be so judgemental.

I know the guy mentioned a lot of people/family were a bunch of chismosas and he probably just wanted people to leave him alone about it, but I would have taken Mimi to task by pointing out "I was homeless, and the reason I'm not is because [local program/food bank/strangers that cared/etc]. And point out cites that show that a lot of homeless people are actually employed. I mean I live in the Bay Area, there are plenty of homeless people that have jobs or their own hustle to survive, its just that rent is so expensive here it is hard to get stable places to live if you have a lot of personal misfortunes.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Who is Mimi?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

TinTower posted:

However, don't be the guy who carries Romeo and Juliet laws on a credit card-sized card in his wallet.

This was a reference to something right?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

screaden posted:

This was a reference to something right?

Transformers movie I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Bushmaori posted:

Transformers movie I think?

Yes, and it's creepy as poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9OgW4JAJ8

(I haven't even seen this movie, but this scene is infamous.)