Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

What about MisterBibs though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Bibs is just the otter guy without bolding

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
We can only hope.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Turtlicious posted:

I embarked with a ton of drakes, will they eventually get big enough for my dwarves to ride and breathe fire and poo poo?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Uh... I think those are probably drakes as in "male ducks"

Turtlicious posted:

I have never been more disappointed in my life.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

oohhboy posted:

Is there a sever harder?

I just made this for you. What do you think?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well thats just awesome.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

barbecue at the folks posted:

quote:

I just made this for you. What do you think?

There's a supposedly improved one further down:

VideoTapir posted:

Just noticed I made some mistakes with the frame timing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yoink

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

PainterofCrap posted:

You can go full anal by removing the panels first.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Thirdly, any image is made both better and funnier by having a semi-transparent wold head in the background. Imagine that photo of the monk burning himself. Now imagine that photo but somebody has photoshopped howling wolf heads into it.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

To be fair, fire breathing riding ducks would fit right in to DF.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That does sound like something out of medieval art that's probably an allegory, or possibly a semi-literate artist making a similar misunderstanding and rolling with it, or some drunk monk drawing an obscure metaphor.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Maybe it's this guy before he upgraded to a swan?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Me neither so I made this for you instead.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LadyPictureShow posted:

You guys haven’t lived until you’ve gotten into a tense, half-whispered argument with your SO about ‘yes, you need mixing bowls; just buy a couple while we’re here!’ In the hell that is IKEA.

girl pants posted:

Also this, and then the other person pitches a fit and goes WE DON'T NEED loving BOWLS WHY ARE YOU ADDING ALL THIS OTHER STUFF TO WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIMPLE TRIP TO BUY A *checks phone* ... EKTORP, JUST GET THE GODDAMN THING AND LET'S GO, then two days later you find yourself sullenly serving dinner out of Tupperware containers to a person who is giving you a death glare that says "don't say a loving word about the goddamn bowls or I will flip this loving table over". Then the table collapses because you couldn't agree on how to put it together. Ikea is the worst.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
1) Ektorp is an okay couch
2) serving dinner out of mixing bowls is just as pathetic as serving it out of tupperware

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You can get cheap bowls at daizo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've eaten Chef Boyardee raviolis out of the top of a CD spindle with a pair of scissors before. I think bowls are an extravagant luxury that I can now afford. You don't have to eat out of bowls, you get to eat out of bowls.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've eaten Chef Boyardee raviolis out of the top of a CD spindle with a pair of scissors before. I think bowls are an extravagant luxury that I can now afford. You don't have to eat out of bowls, you get to eat out of bowls.

At that point you should have saved on cleaning out your spindle, and just eaten it out of the can

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wanted it warm and the can was too hot and awkward to hold in a wadded up tshirt.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
The best thing about buying fifty cds at a time is you get a free cereal bowl and buttplug, how do you all not know this?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
So do you eat out of the bowl first or use it as a butt plug first?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Trig Discipline posted:

The best thing about buying fifty cds at a time is you get a free cereal bowl and buttplug, how do you all not know this?

Excuse me, I think you mean bagel and donut carrying case:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

1) Ektorp is an okay couch
2) serving dinner out of mixing bowls is just as pathetic as serving it out of tupperware

Charles Bukowski posted:

You can get cheap bowls at daizo.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Y'all motherfuckers need a Dollar Store

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mind the walrus posted:

Look, I'm not above eating things out of a CD spindle cover or a crusty old hat whatever, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a dollar store buying dishes. What would people think if they saw me?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mind the walrus posted:

Is Daizo a dollar store in the States? Their price point changes in different countries. I remember in Thailand they’re a B100 ($3.30 or so) store.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

just dump your food on the floor and eat it off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Booger Presley posted:

So do you eat out of the bowl first or use it as a butt plug first?

It's two different parts, noobsauce

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Krankenstyle posted:

just dump your food on the floor and eat it off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

A timeless classic.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

drat, funmanguy got trig with a your mother joke

Trig Discipline posted:

life is too short to skip a nut, my friend

funmanguy posted:

your mother motto?

the owner has becomet he ownee

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

Is Daizo a dollar store in the States? Their price point changes in different countries. I remember in Thailand they’re a B100 ($3.30 or so) store.

The ones in San Francisco are $1.50 stores for the most part.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

drat, funmanguy got trig with a your mother joke
That is a 9/10 your mom burn.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

A timeless classic.

I had never seen the last one, about spooking the heck out of your guests. That's great.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

ever since the discovery of air liquefaction (1895) we have had a simple, cheap, quick, painless, humane method of euthanasia or execution -- making the person breathe pure nitrogen. they just lose consciousness and never wake up with absolutely no other effects. all the stories about nasa astronauts carrying suicide pills, for instance, are fake, because nasa's plan for irretrievable astronauts has always been to turn off the o2 supply while keeping the co2 scrubbers running, with the same effect.

any innovation in the field since then has therefore arisen entirely out of a desire to make executions more painful or gruesome

ate all the Oreos posted:

i thought nitrogen caused spasming or something (after the person loses consciousness, so it'd still be humane but kinda horrible to watch) and helium or argon was a better gas for this

Krankenstyle posted:

imagine the inmate's last statement on helium :o:

Splicer posted:

when I killed your brother I talked just like this

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
does anyone have the quote about orangutans/gorillas/chimps, about if you drop a screwdriver into their enclosure? the guy was quoting his girlfriend who is a vet

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

ya, dunno who wrote it tho

quote:

My girlfriend is a zookeeper, and her zoo's primate department rule of thumb about the great apes is that if you leave say, a screwdriver on a gorilla paddock, they'll pick it up, play with it a bit, see what it tastes like, and then probably drop it. The chimps will pick it up, taste it, and then use it as a weapon during a murderous blood rage against anything in the immediate area that isn't also a chimp. The orangutans will pick it up, carefully conceal it, and while nobody is looking, use it to build a multistage rocket to return to their homeworld.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
There are an awful lot of variations on the gorilla/chimp/orangutan screwdriver anecdote going back years buts that's a pretty good one.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Don Martin did several takes on the "clever ape with key/screwdriver/hairpin" trope, this one from 1967:

http://www.madmagazine.com/blog/2014/08/15/don-martin-the-smartest-ape-in-captivity

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Syd Midnight posted:

ya, dunno who wrote it tho

The Librarian just wants to get back to the Disc, guys. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I want so many testicles I can't sit down without plastic hippos snapping at me