Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

if it's anything like my Ex in highschool, kill the cat, then blame me for it.

e: jfc i do not have any happy stories.

yeah lol I remember when my parents were talking about selling their house and downgrading (because property tax is too expensive!) I went out to see them and looked at the house waxing all nostalgic like "oh my god, so many memories here" and then i was like "hmmm i wish they were good though"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Brother Entropy posted:

it's impressive how pick just kinda rotates between four or five topics to troll this thread and she still gets endless bites

Pick’s posts amuse me and make me giggle so I do not care if it is trolling. At least it is entertaining.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

Pick’s posts amuse me and make me giggle so I do not care if it is trolling. At least it is entertaining.

thanks xeno :toot:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pick posted:

yeah lol I remember when my parents were talking about selling their house and downgrading (because property tax is too expensive!) I went out to see them and looked at the house waxing all nostalgic like "oh my god, so many memories here" and then i was like "hmmm i wish they were good though"

If they bought during your childhood in Oregon I just don't know how the taxes could be too high. They have been capped at 3% per year increase since 1990.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

If they bought during your childhood in Oregon I just don't know how the taxes could be too high. They have been capped at 3% per year increase since 1990.

They are incredibly low, I'm actually trying not to completely hijack the thread right now since I got my dickery high already, but my parents are pathologically frugal. So that's about the size of it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Pick used to escape to high school parties by tossing a handful of lentils into the fireplace ash, as they would be compelled to pick them out she could abscond for an evening soiree and they'd be none the wiser.

edit- "Bradford, darling, I'd love to summer with you at your beachfront estate but you KNOW my parents will need me to sew underwear out of sackcloth I simply CANNOT commit."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DrSnakeLaser posted:

"But do you have any other ideas that are not dumping him?."

Murder?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rear end cobra posted:

Ex boyfriend [31F] hosed me [30F] out of a business, left me with a pile of debt, and now calls me abusive when I nag him to pick up his cat

quote:

My boyfriend (22M) told me that life would be better if I(20F) could not speak.
I feel like reddit should make reading r/relationship stories like this mandatory for their incel forums, even these guys can get a girlfriend

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like reddit should make reading r/relationship stories like this mandatory for their incel forums, even these guys can get a girlfriend

duh because they have irresistible cheekbones

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

duh because they have irresistible epicanthal folds

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

duh because they have irresistible cheekbones

You're probably right and they'd just take the wrong message away from it. Sigh

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Blade Runner posted:

If you leave me alone in a room for more than ten seconds I will find the nearest available lube and go to town, so I sympathize with the guy

Yeah he does have a point that if she didn’t want him using it and it was all special or whatever maybe don’t have it out in the jerk blast area. He’s clearly a dick but technically everything he said was right.

rear end cobra posted:

Ex boyfriend [31F] hosed me [30F] out of a business, left me with a pile of debt, and now calls me abusive when I nag him to pick up his cat

This is someone too dumb to leave a window open

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 17, 2018

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Pick posted:

mandatory horse

Can i please use this next time i change my name

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
If you didnt want me to dump an entire bottle of your lotion on my dick you shouldn't have let it wander around our bathroom labeled like that.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

gently caress Your Website posted:

Yeah he does have a point that if she didn’t want him using it and it was all special or whatever maybe don’t have it out in the jerk blast area. He’s clearly a dick but technically everything he said was right.

what? like hang on, are you wandering your house on your day off and are seized with such a desire, a NEED, to jack your dick that you fling yourself prostrate immediately and grab wildly for the nearest lubricant ? bc if not I figure he could have used a different lotion

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
In a world where "I wouldn't spit on his dick if he needed to jerk off" has replaced "I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire" to demonstrate the gravity of your disdain.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's loving weird dude. You go find the sex lube, everyone knows you don't touch the good lotion if you've been in a relationship for longer than a goddamn month.

Because lotion is expensive and how much is left in the bottle is watched like a hawk and you know for a fact he uses too much of some chicks fancy lotion.

Also he did it on purpose to punish her for leaving.

e: after watching farm yard animals for a month im of the opinion that all men are probably abusers, because all men of every other species are horrific abusers. like your not allowed to give treats to the rooster, because he will use it to rape chickens to death. anyways, after that little talk i stopped going to the farm.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 17, 2018

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

what? like hang on, are you wandering your house on your day off and are seized with such a desire, a NEED, to jack your dick that you fling yourself prostrate immediately and grab wildly for the nearest lubricant ?

yes

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what with these clavicles?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

what? like hang on, are you wandering your house on your day off and are seized with such a desire, a NEED, to jack your dick that you fling yourself prostrate immediately and grab wildly for the nearest lubricant ? bc if not I figure he could have used a different lotion

One thousand percent yes

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Whats wrong with just having a bottle of lube up your butt 24 x 7 for when the need arises like a normal person?

:nws: http://66.media.tumblr.com/2f32468800042cde8d64272616943142/tumblr_nnc35xuCd81u5mnewo1_1280.jpg :nws:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

In a world where "I wouldn't spit on his dick if he needed to jerk off" has replaced "I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire" to demonstrate the gravity of your disdain.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

MightyJoe36 posted:

Indeed. My younger son dropped out in his freshman year. Decided college wasn't for him. He applied and was accepted for an apprenticeship in the Ironworkers Union. Four years later as a Journeyman Ironworker, he was making more money, had better benefits, and is happier than just about all of his peers the same age. With no student loan debt.

To be fair graduation without debt is what state universities could/should do but the administrators are all in a race to see who can build the biggest sunbathing waterslide swimming pool to put on their resume when they apply to an ivy and costs have gone up ridiculously in the last two decades.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Yet another problem that could have been avoided without circumcision. No lube, no problem

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait seriously?!

gently caress my mutilated junk.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

To be fair graduation without debt is what state universities could/should do but the administrators are all in a race to see who can build the biggest sunbathing waterslide swimming pool to put on their resume when they apply to an ivy and costs have gone up ridiculously in the last two decades.

or its that state universities are no longer publicly funded and now have to charge what real tuition is. getting idiots complaining about new buildings (which aren't paid for through tuition) is great cover for the fact that most states have slashed higher education funding by 30-90%.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

or its that state universities are no longer publicly funded and now have to charge what real tuition is. getting idiots complaining about new buildings (which aren't paid for through tuition) is great cover for the fact that most states have slashed higher education funding by 30-90%.

¿Porque no los dos?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I [23M] loves backpacking, I also love my partner [22F]. How to handle love for both!

quote:

u/throwawaydanaccount

I have been in a very healthy relationship for over three years. We live together, hang out together, and love each other every single day. Everything is great but one thing, she does not like being alone for long periods of time. I cannot leave for a week or so without making her upset, which is fair. The problem is, however, I love backpacking. Epically deep backcountry solo backpacking. She loves camping too and we go on small overnight trips very often but she can’t, like a normal person, enjoy it for weeks and weeks on end like I can. I love looong distance backpacking. Multiweek or month trips. I love my partner very much, significantly more than I love backpacking but I love backpacking enough that I still wake up at night thinking I smell alpine wind. I dream about camping most nights. I think, talk, and read about backpacking every single day. Lately I feel like I lie to myself when I say I’m a backpacker because I really don’t do it as much as I want to. Because I don’t go on my trips I feel like I’m not fulfilling what I want to fulfill. How do I both be true to my love of backpacking while not hurting my partner?

TL;DR: I am a passionate backpacker. My partner doesn't like to be alone for multiple weeks. How to handle both?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

¿Porque no los dos?

because it's not true. growth in administrative costs has paralleled growth in expectations for what a university offers (I.e. a counseling office and a student health program) and increasing regulation (title ix enforcement requires the university to employ an office of lawyers, which is expensive).

really all issues with public higher education come from decreased state funding.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
Wheres the lube

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

wait seriously?!

gently caress my mutilated junk.

no, you forgot the magic word

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

budget cuts

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

because it's not true. growth in administrative costs has paralleled growth in expectations for what a university offers (I.e. a counseling office and a student health program) and increasing regulation (title ix enforcement requires the university to employ an office of lawyers, which is expensive).

really all issues with public higher education come from decreased state funding.
The uni I went to is presently in huge debt from their sports (particularly) football program. My gf and several of my friends are profs there also and basically all of them see how badly the funding is handled and basically goes everywhere except the academics, also the administration is way too bloated.

I mean I'm sure the funding cuts hurt but universities switching to a more of a students are customers and the school is a service business model has obviously made things less than optimal in a way that just chucking more money at it probably won't fix.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Fair enough if i am wrong. I just know i went to UT Austin in 2000-2005 and it was $1500 per semester. It’s now roughly ten times that (and I think the large six inch deep sunbathing pool they built is kinda silly for a college gym).

I have donated for new engineering buildings and would happily direct more of the state budget to cover tuition if thats the solution. Since i have no kids i haven’t really been following what the state budget actually is wrt UT.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

The uni I went to is presently in huge debt from their sports (particularly) football program. My gf and several of my friends are profs there also and basically all of them see how badly the funding is handled and basically goes everywhere except the academics, also the administration is way too bloated.

I mean I'm sure the funding cuts hurt but universities switching to a more of a students are customers and the school is a service business model has obviously made things less than optimal in a way that just chucking more money at it probably won't fix.

what university?

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

Turtlicious posted:

e: after watching farm yard animals for a month im of the opinion that all men are probably abusers, because all men of every other species are horrific abusers. like your not allowed to give treats to the rooster, because he will use it to rape chickens to death. anyways, after that little talk i stopped going to the farm.

We call our 2 roosters the Kavanaughs

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

DrSnakeLaser posted:

She's still not sure if her manbaby boyfriend is the problem in the relationship or not.

About a year ago he went missing for 2 weeks. His parents, friends and me didn’t know anything about his whereabouts. We all paniced because he didn’t say anything about leaving. He just went missing. Comes out he went to join military aboard... His parents were so worried. He already had a new identy etc. I somehow contacted him and he told me that he had no plan to contact us for 5 years or so. I persuaded him to come back somehow. He told me that he left because i was driving him crazy with my “nagging.” In the end I forgave him and everything was fine for a year. 

Did this dude try to join ISIS in an attempt at avoiding commitment?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Lots of public universities were depending on that sweet, sweet international student money to make up for lost state funding. Then Trump happened, and welp!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Fair enough if i am wrong. I just know i went to UT Austin in 2000-2005 and it was $1500 per semester. It’s now roughly ten times that (and I think the large six inch deep sunbathing pool they built is kinda silly for a college gym).

I have donated for new engineering buildings and would happily direct more of the state budget to cover tuition if thats the solution. Since i have no kids i haven’t really been following what the state budget actually is wrt UT.

the % of high school graduates attending college/university has increased over the last 10 years. because of this increase, more students with different backgrounds are now attending school. these students -- particularly students from underrepresented populations and first-generation college students -- face significant challenges that universities need to confront. they confront these challenges by investing in academic support -- things like tutoring and advising -- which costs money. these students also need more financial support -- which costs money. couple this with incentive-based funding at the federal level (especially with these populations) and significant state-level funding decreases and schools must work harder to keep their students -- which again, costs money.

schools build gyms because research has shown that physically active students are more likely to graduate. schools build fancy classrooms because evolving professional expectations require technology education and technology education is expensive.

the only thing that's evolved in higher education is a greater appreciation of the holistic nature of academic success. its unethical to take unprepared students, load them up with student loans, and then throw them to deep end with no support.

new construction is paid for in one of three ways: through donations, through state-level bond issues (with debt serviced by the university), or through private-public partnerships. universities are restricted by law on how they can use public funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the % of high school graduates attending college/university has increased over the last 10 years. because of this increase, more students with different backgrounds are now attending school. these students -- particularly students from underrepresented populations and first-generation college students -- face significant challenges that universities need to confront. they confront these challenges by investing in academic support -- things like tutoring and advising -- which costs money. these students also need more financial support -- which costs money. couple this with incentive-based funding at the federal level (especially with these populations) and significant state-level funding decreases and schools must work harder to keep their students -- which again, costs money.

schools build gyms because research has shown that physically active students are more likely to graduate. schools build fancy classrooms because evolving professional expectations require technology education and technology education is expensive.

the only thing that's evolved in higher education is a greater appreciation of the holistic nature of academic success. its unethical to take unprepared students, load them up with student loans, and then throw them to deep end with no support.

It is, however, deeply ethical to octuple those loans while pushing all the teaching off on adjuncts and grad students because I read an article that having a championship-winning football team and seventy three assistant deans helps students get better grades

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 17, 2018