Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

LadyPictureShow posted:

Pranks? Pranks. Skip the background paragraph and spare yourselves.

I[28F] and our best mutual friend [23M] played a mean April Fool's prank on my BF [23M] which ended horribly...how can I can reconcile?

I ain't reading all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being annoyed that my bf says “thank you” when I say things like “you’re so hot” during sex?

I mean, it’s not like I’m trying to compliment him. I’m expressing myself. But it ruins the mood when he says “thank you”.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for punishing GF for not realizing her actions were innapropiate.

I (26 M) am in a relationship with my gf (21F). The relationship has been mostly good. She's a gem, super fit and athletic, sex is great, shes really smart. I have a very good paying and stable job while she is a junior in university. I love her a lot. She also comes from a poor and abusive family. She has a athletic scholarship for tuition (soccer) but lives with me and relies on me for spending money and other expenses.

Recently we have had some problems. The soccer team has this weird ball/formal dance with guys soccer team. She gets matched up with a random soccer dude and they go to the dance together. This isn't a problem but the way she described it is a problem. She basically said it's supposed to be a crazy night and asked for a one night pass from our relationship. I said "no" very firmly. I told her it was offensive and innapropiate to even ask and I'm shocked it crossed her mind. She got defensive and said she's still in college and all she wants is one night to go wild, but I stood my ground.

​I then told her I don't want her going to this ball at all, because she won't committ to me that she won't go wild after. She said "no, this is a important team bonding exercise". In response I cut off the money I gave her and informed her we won't be going on the european trip this summer. I also said she cant live with me until we resolve this issue. She now has to live at her house with he family who is abusive verbally. One week later she called and asked if she could move back in and have her allowance back, I asked if she was still going to the event and she said yes but she wouldn't try to have sex or anything that night. I said I would think about it. My friends say I'm being a manipulative rear end whos taking advantage of a pretty college girl with no money. AITA reddit?

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being annoyed that my bf says “thank you” when I say things like “you’re so hot” during sex?

I mean, it’s not like I’m trying to compliment him. I’m expressing myself. But it ruins the mood when he says “thank you”.

would be better if he said "Yeah, I know."

Smirking_Serpent posted:

my favorite posts are the ones where I hate everyone involved

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (26 M) am in a relationship with my gf (21F). The relationship has been mostly good. She's a gem, super fit and athletic, sex is great, shes really smart. I have a very good paying and stable job while she is a junior in university. I love her a lot. She also comes from a poor and abusive family. She has a athletic scholarship for tuition (soccer) but lives with me and relies on me for spending money and other expenses.

Recently we have had some problems. The soccer team has this weird ball/formal dance with guys soccer team. She gets matched up with a random soccer dude and they go to the dance together. This isn't a problem but the way she described it is a problem. She basically said it's supposed to be a crazy night and asked for a one night pass from our relationship. I said "no" very firmly. I told her it was offensive and innapropiate to even ask and I'm shocked it crossed her mind. She got defensive and said she's still in college and all she wants is one night to go wild, but I stood my ground.

​I then told her I don't want her going to this ball at all, because she won't committ to me that she won't go wild after. She said "no, this is a important team bonding exercise". In response I cut off the money I gave her and informed her we won't be going on the european trip this summer. I also said she cant live with me until we resolve this issue. She now has to live at her house with he family who is abusive verbally. One week later she called and asked if she could move back in and have her allowance back, I asked if she was still going to the event and she said yes but she wouldn't try to have sex or anything that night. I said I would think about it. My friends say I'm being a manipulative rear end whos taking advantage of a pretty college girl with no money. AITA reddit?

All of these people suck so bad what the gently caress.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Comradephate posted:

my favorite posts are the ones where I hate everyone involved

I like to play “how many paragraphs before I hate everybody”

2!

Sometimes the game is “sentences” :eng99:

...or words

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Barudak posted:

No, I want to talk about which way those without a sense of taste wipe

I wrap my hand in toilet paper and then karate chop my own asscrack til the papers come out clean. Thank you for assking.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

value-brand cereal posted:

I wrap my hand in toilet paper and then karate chop my own asscrack til the papers come out clean. Thank you for assking.

I just eat a roll of toilet paper every day so that my rear end wipes itself. :science:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

... taking advantage of a pretty college girl with no money. AITA reddit?

I judge that there can be no Petes in a Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby situation. May the meretricious couple part ways from each other and post no more about it

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Pinecone Sample posted:

I swear to God if you just summoned the "this $50 bidet hose from Amazon changed my life" guys...

Fiance and I are seriously discussing putting the $1k amazing robot bidet on the wedding registry as a thing people can chip in on. I think our friends are just stupid enough to make this happen.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My husband and I used to have these fights until he finally understood that what I do at the business office is just that: business. I don't hop on the table and tell a fat, Midwestern CEO in his 60's that I'm going to suck his dick because I like it. I do it because he has $100 million in 401k assets that we want to manage, and if his dick is dry then he negotiates from a stronger position. It's about negotiating from strength, there is nothing sexual about it. We're paying 40 basis points to the brokerage to get his business, so me making him cry and climax in front of my business partners for another 5 points is completely justifiable.

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 4, 2019

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dazerbeams posted:

Better dead than dependent Depends.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

I swear to God if you just summoned the "this $50 bidet hose from Amazon changed my life" guys...

Sorry the bidet hasn’t changed your life yet friend.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Fiance and I are seriously discussing putting the $1k amazing robot bidet on the wedding registry as a thing people can chip in on. I think our friends are just stupid enough to make this happen.

You definitely should, it’ll come in handy the day your wife asks you to poo poo on her, as this thread has taught me she inevitably shall

On the off chance you spelled fiancé with the correct number of e’s (no one in this thread ever seems to), then I’m sorry you’re marrying a dude, as we are not great (see: this thread)

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 4, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

gently caress Your Website posted:

You definitely should, it’ll come in handy the day your wife asks you to poo poo on her, as this thread has taught me she inevitably shall

On the off chance you spelled fiancé with the correct number of e’s (no one in this thread ever seems to), then I’m sorry you’re marrying a dude, as we are not great (see: this thread)

This is a very strange flex.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

cumshitter posted:

My husband and I used to have these fights until he finally understood that what I do at the business office is just that: business. I don't hop on the table and tell a fat, Midwestern CEO in his 60's that I'm going to suck his dick because I like it. I do it because he has $100 million in 401k assets that we want to manage, and if his dick is dry then he negotiates from a stronger position. It's about negotiating from strength, there is nothing sexual about it. We're paying 40 basis points to the brokerage to get his business, so me making him cry and climax in front of my business partners for another 5 points is completely justifiable.

But of course you’re going to tell the ceo you like it, because otherwise you’d irreparably damage the careful tapestry of mystery and business and sex and shared willful self-deception that you’ve woven, correct?

Asking for a friend

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

shut up you pedantic-rear end dork

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

But of course you’re going to tell the ceo you like it, because otherwise you’d irreparably damage the careful tapestry of mystery and business and sex and shared willful self-deception that you’ve woven, correct?

Asking for a friend

No it's a business power move. If you make a man climax he's going to fall in love with you, even if he hates you for it. It's not much different from shaking a man's hand, squeezing really hard, and demanding that he bark like a dog before you release your iron grip.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wearing a black dress to a wedding?

I am a 21F college student currently living on student loans. I come from a poor family and had never been to a traditional wedding before. My boyfriend, same age as me, also a student, comes from an upper middle class family that is very "all-american". They do things like...get along...and go on trips together, and water-ski. Stuff that seemed fictional to me before. We have been together for about a year and a half. His parents have always been kind to me.

His cousin was getting married this weekend and I was his +1. The wedding was a few hours out of town and so we got a ride with his parents. I own two dresses - a cheap cotton one and a nicer black cocktail dress I got from an outlet store. I can't afford to spend money on new clothes. I pulled the dresses out while we were driving and asked my boyfriend's mom which one I should wear. After a minute of looking at them, she said I should wear the black dress. I got changed during a pit stop and no one commented on my dress for the rest of the day. We had a great time at the wedding.

My boyfriend lives with his parents. Today I went over to hang out and his mom wouldn't look me in the eye when I said hello. I asked my boyfriend if she was okay once we were alone. He rolled his eyes and said she was being silly about the dress I wore to the wedding. Apparently people aren't supposed to wear black to weddings, because it's a color for funerals. His grandmother told his mom afterwards that my dress was embarrassing and inappropriate. His mom passed this message on to him and said I should have planned my outfit better.

My boyfriend thought this was pretty funny but I felt really humiliated and foolish. I didn't even think to run my outfit by anyone. I knew you shouldn't wear white to a wedding but I had never heard of not wearing black. He was laughing about it and obviously thought his mom was being unreasonable, so I tried to just let it roll off my back. However, later we went up to the kitchen and his mom was there. She asked if my boyfriend had spoken to me in a very cold tone. I immediately felt awful and started to apologize. My boyfriend was totally silent and looked uncomfortable. His mom said to be more careful in the future and that I should also apologize to his grandmother and his cousin. She asked my boyfriend to give me their phone numbers.

We went back to his room and he tried to comfort me but also asked if I wanted the numbers so I could get it over with. I felt like the world's biggest and smallest rear end in a top hat simultaneously. I took the numbers and left before I could start crying.

I don't know what to do. I barely know his grandmother or cousin. Calling them seems insane, but I also don't want to be on his family's bad side because they're so important to him. And I could have taken two seconds to google "wedding dress code" or something, but I didn't. I just grabbed the same old dresses I always wear.

What do I do? AITA here? How do I make this better?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for dumping food on my girlfriends plate at a wedding until it was overflowing?

Me and my girlfriend are moderately overweight. We have been noticing that we were getting fatter still, so I pushed us to try and lose some weight. We now go on walks everyday, we cut the sugar and generally try to eat better and in reasonable quantities. This is being tougher on her because she really enjoys eating until she's full. I'm mainly the one trying to keep us on track and very often I have to call her out when she's sliding back into our old eating habits.

So this last weekend we went to a wedding together as guests. We were sitting next to each other, together with family members from both our families, all in the same table. Every table had its own food so everyone could just serve themselves. So what happened next was I had to watch as my girlfriend filled her plate up with all kinds of delicious food. I kinda gave her a look like that, but she just shrugged it off as if to say "yeah I know, but we're at a wedding". I was slightly annoyed with her behavior but sort of forgot about it and tried to just enjoy everyone's companies. Some time after that, when she was finished, she was out for more. She asked me to pass her this big plate of shrimp rice so that she could try some of that. That really struck me, but I didn't want to argue right there and then, so what I did was get the shrimp rice and proceed to fill her plate up until it was literally overflowing a little bit.

She just kind of stared at it, then got up and went outside alone. Everyone was staring at me at this point and I thought it was better I just went outside too to talk to her. She told me she was humiliated and that I stepped out of line and they I came off as a controlling jerk.

So, am I the rear end in a top hat for taking a stand against her completely disregard for our agreed upon diet?

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 4, 2019

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wearing a black dress to a wedding?

so mom didnt know about not wearing black and picks the black and is mad that she wore black? what?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for dumping food on my girlfriends plate at a wedding until it was overflowing?

:drat:

That is ice cold. I think this guy might have some problems with misogyny, given the severity of the response.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

datajugend posted:

so mom didnt know about not wearing black and picks the black and is mad that she wore black? what?

Honestly. It’s like mom looked at the dresses and picked the one that would give her an opportunity to be a big jackass later.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Depressio111117 posted:

Honestly. It’s like mom looked at the dresses and picked the one that would give her an opportunity to be a big jackass later.

“Yeah, that one. With the meth addict homeless guy with his dick out. It’ll be perfect.”

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Shrimp rice guy has a disagreement with his wife over their shared health goals and that's fine. He handled it very poorly though and he is an rear end in a top hat. I'm imagining his divorce now.

Your honor, this is why my wife is 100% responsible for these divorce proceedings.

*A procession of mailmen march into the courtroom like Miracle on 34th Street but their bags are filled with shrimp rice*

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

people who make a scene at other peoples' weddings are universal assholes and shouldn't be allowed at weddings, or public gatherings in general, and should instead be 6 feet under ground

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dazerbeams posted:

(22/M) Is it okay to ask my Lyft driver (24??/F) out on LinkedIn?

Jesus christ

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pinecone Sample posted:

Booooooooo happy endings for well-adjusted people who communicate well and grow through life experiences BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

seems to me the sensible thing to do would be to bottle up this aggression and expend it at the golden corral

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Call up the grandma and say whoops, I accidentally wore the dress I was saving for your funeral, sorry.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Me [26 F] with my boyfriend [28 M] of 1 yr 2 months, he wants one of my pubic hairs

What's amazing is that she made this post even though she's dead because her boyfriend fuckin' serial-killed her.

I think his serial killer gimmick is to kill enough women that he can weave a merkin out of the single pube he collected from each. Kinda like buffalo bill from silence of the lambs, but, uhhhh... grosser?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Call up the grandma and say whoops, I accidentally wore the dress I was saving for your funeral, sorry.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

cumshitter posted:

All of this reminds me of a parable the pastor at the gay church my dads took me to used to tell.

A man arrives at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter looks up his name and says, "Hmm... it appears you haven't been a particularly good or a particularly bad person. As such, you get to decide where you go. I'll give you a tour and then you can make your decision."

They go down to Hell. Everyone is holding a razor at the end of a 9 foot stick. In Hell everyone is sitting around sad and lonely, staring dejectedly at their unshorn genitals, spitting pubes out of their mouths, and just generally having a miserable time.

They go up to Heaven. Everyone is laughing and talking, sucking and loving, airing their perfectly smooth genitals in the heavenly breeze basking in the sun. In Heaven they're all holding the same 9 foot shavers. The man looks to St. Peter and says, "St. Peter, I don't understand. Why is everyone so sad in Hell and happy in Heaven?"

"Because," replies St. Peter, "in Heaven they shave each other's genitals."

:worship:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Dazerbeams posted:

My coworker (36m) complained about me (28f) to my bosses at a coworker meeting.

Lots of miserable people like that in the workplace (especially healthcare!) that will go out of their way to make others lives as miserable as theirs. Like others said, she should let it go and work with the guy on a professional level but not trust him anything past superficial or work related topics. Sounds like the guy is sabotaging his own career there by continually bringing it up though so she should follow Sun Tzu's advice from The Art of War: “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

being a humiliating bully aside, it's hosed up to waste some giant expensive family plate of shrimp rice as a teaching lesson.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vim Fuego posted:

I ain't reading all that

Cool, thanks. Good to know.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

quote:

Pretend I quoted all the relationship posts about the movie
/r/Relationships: Thanos killed half of all online relationships.

I mean I haven't watched the movie but I thought he was killing off people not relationships.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

areyoucontagious posted:

:drat:

That is ice cold. I think this guy might have some problems with misogyny, given the severity of the response.

Whenever a man is an rear end in a top hat to a woman, it must be because of sexism. There's just no way he could possibly simply be an rear end in a top hat (who would do the same thing to his boyfriend if he were gay).

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Vim Fuego posted:

I ain't reading all that

It's boring af, her cosmic male "friend" meant it would be super fun to prank her bf with the ole photoshoppe of a pregnancy test, she went "I'm pregnant *giggles*" to him and left him stew for hours.

After she said SYKE, he was not amused and said gently caress YOU, WE'RE DONE.

"B-b-b-but my friend said it would be funny".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Power Khan posted:

It's boring af, her cosmic male "friend" meant it would be super fun to prank her bf with the ole photoshoppe of a pregnancy test, she went "I'm pregnant *giggles*" to him and left him stew for hours.

After she said SYKE, he was not amused and said gently caress YOU, WE'RE DONE.

"B-b-b-but my friend said it would be funny".

I believe the technical term is that the boyfriend Pete'd out.