Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for facilitating another yoga/pilates instructor off of her probationary period over using so many songs from my playlist?

Sorry if writing gets confused, I'm really sleepy right now and can't sleep because my mind keeps going around and around, so I just got up to type this out and get it off my chest.

I have worked very hard to create playlists for my yoga classes with unique songs the other instructors don't use. So a new instructor gets trial-hired at one studio I teach at, and she samples one of my classes. So I thought I'd support her and go to one her classes. And then it happens. She actually has one of my songs on her playlist. Coincidence? Not likely. She plays it during savasana which is exactly when I had it playing in my class. So this totally hosed with my savasana experience because she made it impossible for me just to relax and not think about why she copied my song. I didn't know how to deal with it so I let it go. But it just kind go nagged at me.

So I thought I'd go to another of her classes. This time a different song that I used came on and she quickly walked over to her phone and fast forwarded to the next song. It was just the rhythmic intro but I recognized it in the first couple seconds. And it wasn't just this. i have a phrase i use about wrapping up your rainbow as a metaphor to encourage freedom and joy in the pose. Well, she used a different cue, but it still used the phrase "your rainbow". So I confronted her after clsss and said it's wonderful she felt so inspired by my music selection and cues, butte would be more authentic in her teaching if she found her own unique voice. And she just acted like it was all a big coincidence and then said, "Awww, you need a really sweet hug today, sounds like." And she kind of pouted her lips when she said this. Totally condescending and passive aggressive.

So I arranged for a meeting with the two studio owners. I told them what she did. They didn't want to talk about her stealing from my playlist but didn't like the way she treated me. She was on a trial probationary period and the owners agreed to facilitate her off of the trial period and set her free.

So I felt happy about this because usually I have history of not standing up for myself and asserting my voice and this felt like a breakthrough. But then I started feeling bad about it. But if she wasn't let go I know I'd still hold resentments at her and that has led to trouble in the past with me, you know when things build up.

AITA for telling studio owners I wasn't sure I couldn't work around this person's energy anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for facilitating another yoga/pilates instructor off of her probationary period over using so many songs from my playlist?

I really want to thank you for this. It has really made my day.

#yogaproblems

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Thanks, I'll work on knowing less about my parents in the future.

Just stop using specific information you know as an objective measure of how much people love their family.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
of all the things to be tooootallly obsessed with, "the beach" is the most basic white girl thing i can think of

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

HIJK posted:

I can understand themed Christmas trees but lol come on

issues like this become incredibly important when you have a gimmick instead of a personality

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like how even the yoga studio owners were all "this complaint is dumb as gently caress."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

owners agreed to facilitate her off of the trial period and set her free.

Fired. You got this lady fired, own up to it.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ugh, rebecca, i cannot believe that you would play gently caress the pain away during the savasana. that's my rainbow song

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

And i thought the beach themed christmas tree was going to be the most insufferable, bougie, first world problem bullshit for today. But at least in that one, only crazy people's feelings were getting hurt. This dumbass person got someone fired over nonsense.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for demanding the same Christmas present my stepbrother got?

quote:

I sound like a real rear end in a top hat but I've completely lost my mind over this.

I'm 17 and my stepbrother is 17. We both have our driving license.

I just found out 5 days ago that my dad and stepmom bought a used car for my stepbrother. They got me a 600 dollar gift card to best buy.

I know $600 is a lot of money but what the gently caress? Am I crazy or is it super unfair? It's literally the straw that broke the goddamn camel's back.

I'm actually so pissed off that I've moved to my mom's house full time.

My dad seems to be genuinely sorry and told me he's looking for a car now but that it'll take a while.

I messaged him back saying that I'll decide if I want to see him after he decides to be fair for once. I've ignored all other calls and messages from him since.

My stepbrother messaged me saying that I need to chill out and that he'll let me use his car. He also said that I need to stop bitching and ruining everyone's Christmas. I told him to get in his civic and gently caress off.

AITA?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bell jar posted:

ugh, rebecca, i cannot believe that you would play gently caress the pain away during the savasana. that's my rainbow song

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

bell jar posted:

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for packing game console on hospital bag for the labor and delivery for my wife?

My wife’s currently 38 weeks pregnant for our second baby and the due date is late December so really we’re expecting any days now.

Last night while she was packing the hospital bag, I put my nintendo switch and the charger in the bag. She looked at me so offended like I just sacrificed our first born. She said “excuse me?” And I said “what?”. She then started berating me about not being presence and won’t concentrate during the labor but rather on the game. I said well we don’t know how long she’s gonna be in labor for since for our first baby girl she was in labor for 40 hours. I didn’t leave her side at all for our first until the three of us could leave the hospital and intending to do the same for our second. There will probably be a lot of down time and it can be boring. Our daughter will be with her parents so it’s not like I have to watch her. I also said what’s the difference with playing games on my phone. And she said it’s the intention and she left the room. She’s still giving me cold shoulder til now.

So reddit, AITA for wanting to bring a game console while my wife is giving birth to our daughter?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for how I responded to my ex wife's son?

quote:

Around half a decade ago I caught my wife cheating on me. Just like that our marriage of 12 years ended. We went through the whole divorce process and when I mentioned custody for my then 10 yr old son she told me that it wasn't my child. We did a DNA test and it turns out that she was right. She had no remorse for what she did. All of this wasn't good for my mental health so I decided not to bother and completely exit their lives. For the next 5 years later I've been living peacefully by myself. I've healed and now that past incident no longer bothers me anymore. Last week Monday I got a call from a number. I've kept the same number I had then. The caller identified himself as my ex wife's son and said that he wanted to talk. I cut him off and told him that I wasn't his dad and if he would kindly lose all contact with me. I blocked his number and that was the last I've heard from him. Him calling me brought back memories and I didn't want to go through that depressed phase again. AITA?

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

DemoneeHo posted:

Give your mom the gift card for Christmas and give your dad a rock and see if he gets the picture.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DemoneeHo posted:

Obvious that the stepbro is the favorite. Which one of the parents thought it would be smart to get one of the kids a gift that's 10 times the amount of the other kid's gift?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for packing game console on hospital bag for the labor and delivery for my wife?

Dude is a bit tone deaf, but a quick chat should have cleared this up. If it wasn't a game system like the Switch, he would have brought a book, or be looking at his phone instead. There's going to be time where the wife wants to just rest and he's going to be sitting in the lobby.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

This is incredibly gross and assholish.

What are you even on about?

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Telemaze posted:

What are you even on about?

Maybe you didn't mean anything by it.

Trouble remembering dates is really common in people with ADHD. That doesn't mean that they dont think that info is worth knowing, it's because their brain works differently.

I keep dates on my phone because I have ADHD and don't remember dates.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

Yes, completely cutting yourself off from a kid who you've been raising for 10 years as your own child was an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kuros posted:

Obvious that the stepbro is the favorite. Which one of the parents thought it would be smart to get one of the kids a gift that's 10 times the amount of the other kid's gift?

it's a teenager's first car, so I'd assume about double, but OTOH it's a family that gives their kids loving cars and $600 gift cards so yeah maybe it's a Tesla

Trouble remembering dates is really common in people with ADHD. That doesn't mean that they dont think that info is worth knowing, it's because their brain works differently.

so you've taken the extremely simple and straightforward measure it takes for you to know the date, because it matters to you. What was your point again?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 16, 2019

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol thanks for this. I've been off and on sick for a month (drat toddler germs), work has been a shitshow, and I've been too worn out to do anything fun lately but goddamn if the saga of this petty rear end patchouli princess didn't make me laugh a little bit.

gently caress your "energy" Janet you got someone fired over a goddamn enya ripoff playlist.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kuros posted:

There's going to be time where the wife wants to just rest and he's going to be sitting in the lobby.
My wife still gives me poo poo for bringing my 3DS and Mahotantei Dikkumasuta 3 in for her induced labor delivery.

In my defense, it came in handy at 2am when I was trying to sleep and the baby's shrill cries were harshing my vibe.

And yes, dude's gonna have to wait in the lobby probably twice: once when they do an initial checkup that includes "Ok now it's just us, is that guy forcing you to have this kid or are you under any kind of duress", and once when they do the spinal tap for the epidural.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 16, 2019

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a teenager's first car, so I'd assume about double, but OTOH it's a family that gives their kids loving cars and $600 gift cards so yeah maybe it's a Tesla

OP posted:

quote:

carthrowawaypit

142 points 3 hours ago

2014 Honda civic. I don't know the miles but it's a nice as gently caress car.

Even a bare bones 2014 Honda Civic is going to be $6k or so.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
93 y/o neighbor runs hot water for 3 weeks straight, overflows tub, & has caused 5 leaks into my apartment

quote:

NYC. Upstairs neighbor is 93 years old and runs his hot water in his kitchen for weeks at a time (I can hear it from my bedroom, it's actually running right now as I type this). I go up to talk to him and he admits to running it continuously, but says it's his business and he can do as he pleases. (Building pays for heat and water so no cost to him.) Sometimes he turns it off on the spot, but it usually comes back on in a few hours.

He also overflows his bathtub and has caused 5 leaks into our bathroom via the ceiling exhaust fan over the past 4 months. Fire Department has responded 3 times and drained his tub and asked him to stop doing it, but he continues. Now I've noticed paint peeling and water damage in our walls in and around the bathroom, which makes me wonder if there's mold.

Things I've tried:
-Management company. They are worthless, saying there's nothing they can do.
-Social Services. They made a site visit but the issue continues.
-Talking to the old man. Pretty sure he has dementia. His apartment is filthy, he's often not wearing pants when he answers the door, and he has no family that visits. He's lived in the building for 50+ years and has had several legal bouts w/ owner/management.
-Talked to a lawyer who advised I send a certified cease and desist letter to the old man, which I did. Also sent a certified letter to the management company demanding they resolved the issue by a date which has now passed.
-Suggested to super and management company they install water intrusion alarms in his apartment and bathroom, caulk his tub, or install an overflow drain valve. They have not done so.
-reached out to NYC water department to see if they'll take action.

I've considered withholding a small portion of rent in order to get their attention and force it to court. (In accordance with NYC tenant law.) Would deposit the withheld amount into an escrow/separate account and send everything certified.

My concerns:
-waste of hot water / energy
-my sanity. I can hear the hot water running and it drives me nuts. It sometimes wakes me up. I'm put in a bad mood every time there's a leak. I have to clean our bathroom after every leak because the water is brown.
-mold in my walls or the ceiling collapsing.
-waste of my time and energy to go to court

We pay $4,500+/month in rent so I feel I shouldn't have to deal with an issue like this.

Any other ideas or suggestions? What else can I try that I haven't already?

Only in New York, baby

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pinecone Sample posted:

93 y/o neighbor runs hot water for 3 weeks straight, overflows tub, & has caused 5 leaks into my apartment

Only in New York, baby

At 4500/month you should legally be able to take a tubby with that old man

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Talked to a lawyer who advised I send a certified cease and desist letter to the old man, which I did. Also sent a certified letter to the management company demanding they resolved the issue by a date which has now passed.
Go back to the lawyer, then. Does this person think the letters were actually supposed to solve the problem? They're documentation for whatever the next step is.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Okay, sure. I was talking specifically about the people who don't think the info is worth knowing though. There were several of them in the thread. And good for them, I say! Cause this derail is dumb as hell and I'm only making it worse, I need to go take a tubby or something.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Kuros posted:

OP posted:

Even a bare bones 2014 Honda Civic is going to be $6k or so.

Obviously depends on location and condition, but a 2014 civic looks like around 10-14k. So her brother got a gift worth 20x what the OP got.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

so you've taken the extremely simple and straightforward measure it takes for you to know the date, because it matters to you. What was your point again?

Telemaze said they had never heard of people not remembering parents birthdays, I said you never heard of non-neurotypical people? Telemaze said something like it's fine to not remember something if you don't think it's important. I thought that was lovely, because ability to remember has nothing to do with desire to remember. I posted the writing down thing to give an example of why some non-neurotypical people may seem to remember plenty.

Aren't you super glad you asked?

Edit: I agree, sorry. Dumb derail

Slowpoke Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 16, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel like at $4500 a month you could find a better apartment, even in New York.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not calling my girlfriends dad Mr.Lastname?

For context, I am 23M my gf is 22F, we have been together for 3 months.

This weekend I met her parents for the first time. When she introduced me to her dad he said his name was Bob but I should call him Mr.Lastname. Assuming this was a joke, I chuckled and said only if he calls me Dr.Lastname in 4 years, (I am in med school which he knew ahead of time). He responded basically saying, he will not be doing that and he is serious, he is adamant on being called Mr.Lastname.

Dad sounds like kind of a jerk.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ilmucche posted:

I had a guy recline his seat into me on a transatlantic flight. I peeked around the chair during the night and he was leaning forward to sleep on the seat in front of him.

Not responding directly to you, but I"m totally flabbergasted that everyone is saying that reclining your seat on planes is bad. When I'm flying probably about 95% of all the people will put their seats back when they can. Getting mad at people for using what little space they're provided by the airlines seems dumb, pointless and counterproductive. Either you just accept that almost everyone is going to put their seat back and you can too, or you are suggesting we enter into a social contract where no one reclines their seats to avoid upsetting everyone else.

I hope we can all see how futile that would be. Better to just let people do it and not get mad. And yes I'm 6'2" so I know what it is to be very cramped on a plane

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The newest Texas statute: Sit Your Seat

definitely more relevant for this modern age. A recent study proved that the majority of Texans are actually too fat to stand up

Knobb Manwich posted:

I struggle to remember my own birthday, I'm always surprised when it comes around and do a quick calculation when anyone asks how old I am. This may be adhd, it may be I haven't cared since turning 18, I might just be an idiot.

LMAO at remembering my parents' birthdays. I think my dad was born in March 53, only remember that because I did his passport renewal a few months ago.

I do the same thing and sometimes even have to ask my girlfriend how old I am. And yes, I've got ADD . . . bad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not calling my girlfriends dad Mr.Lastname?

For context, I am 23M my gf is 22F, we have been together for 3 months.

This weekend I met her parents for the first time. When she introduced me to her dad he said his name was Bob but I should call him Mr.Lastname. Assuming this was a joke, I chuckled and said only if he calls me Dr.Lastname in 4 years, (I am in med school which he knew ahead of time). He responded basically saying, he will not be doing that and he is serious, he is adamant on being called Mr.Lastname. Not wanting to cause a scene I chuckled and walked away.

Rest of the night, I tried to avoid talking too him too much (I still talked to her mom I was not silent all night) and i called him his firstname several times but never Mr.Lastname. The first time I called him his first name he corrected me to Mr.Lastname but after that he did not correct me again but he was visibly upset. Besides this, I think everything went well.

After dinner my girlfriend left with me and we talked about this. She said that she gets why i didnt want to call him Mr.Lastname but I should have, just to make him happy. I said that I am not 16 anymore and it was an asinine request. She is sort of upset with me (unfairly imo) but what annoys me is that she is not upset with her dad even though I think it was his fault for ruining the mood.

This was Friday night and I have got mixed opinions from different people, so in your opinions AITA? And since this started a debate with my friends, at what age is calling your significant others parents Mr and Mrs no longer necessary assuming they want you to. (I think 18)

Next time you go for dinner, bring a large balloon full of helium. Whenever the father's name is about to come up in conversation you need to pause, calmly take a large rip from the balloon, and then continue on with a highly exaggerated MR. LASTNAME in your helium-enriched tiny voice, before calmly returning to whatever you're talking about. He'll get the message

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Fired. You got this lady fired, own up to it.

She got herself fired with that bitchy response, honestly. That kind of talking down really gets me going, and it's a shame because she could've outmaneuvered this guy easily by just saying "I was so inspired by your session that I wanted to make mine even better but I'm sorry if that's against the rules to use the same song", which would put OP on the back foot easily. Instead it's lame passive aggressive BS which clearly got OP steamed up.

Let me be clear, I hate the OP and the fired lady equally. And I hate them a whole lot. Just pointing out that there was a great opportunity for turnabout there

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
From the "not respecting your partner's bodily autonomy" files:

Ask Prudie posted:

Q. For my own good? I’m 31, and I’ve been with my husband for eight years. I always had the occasional zit, but for some reason, over the past three years, my skin has gotten a bit worse. Every few weeks I get a horrific pimple, and I have a few spots of acne on my neck. I still think I have overall good skin, and my best friends tell me they haven’t noticed a change at all. I’ve seen multiple dermatologists, always wash my face thoroughly, use prescription acne medication twice a day, and get the occasional facial. I view the acne as a minor annoyance that I’ve done the best I can with, and I’m really not too bothered.

The issue is that my husband is obsessed with my skin problems. Every time I get a pimple, he insists on popping it for me, even though I find it painful and unnecessary. He comments on my skin constantly, always saying it is “for my own good.” He acts like the fact that I am not overly bothered by my acne indicates that I don’t care for myself properly, that I am unclean, and that I don’t care if I later have acne scars. I find myself dreading when he looks at my face because it leads to his comments on how he needs to pop my pimples for my own good. If I resist and beg—often I SCREAM—that I don’t want him to pop my pimple, he gets angry and acts like I’m just “not caring for myself.”

He is otherwise a great husband! What do I do to make him back off and not touch or comment on my skin?

A: This is way past the point where you could find a fun, low-impact compromise like those little clear overnight acne patches. You say you often have to “resist and beg” your husband not to forcibly press your skin, sometimes to the point of screaming, and you wrote scream in all caps—and his response, when you beg and plead and scream and turn away from him, is to get angry. That’s a pretty significant red flag. I also don’t want to get too lost in the weeds of best dermatological practices here, because even if popping whiteheads were the absolute best thing you could do for your skin, it would still be horrible that your husband forced you to let him do it. But it’s not “for your own good,” and you’re not harming yourself or setting yourself up for future scarring. There’s nothing sanitary or helpful about grabbing someone and squeezing their zits; his attempt to justify his terrifying, creepy behavior by claiming it’s “good for you” is total bullshit.

That’s why I don’t recommend, say, that you bring him along to the dermatologist with you, or try to explain the theoretical underpinnings of your skin care routine. If seeing his partner screaming and flinching isn’t enough to get him to take his hands off of you, then no explanation will suffice. I think part of you feels like you have to downplay this because it’s “just” about acne, but it’s actually about the pretty basic, fundamental principles of physical safety, bodily autonomy, and trusting that your partner will listen when you say “Don’t touch me.”

Physically separate yourself from him. Stay with a friend or family member you trust. Talk to the people you love about what your husband’s been doing to you. I don’t think anyone who cares about you is going to hear “My husband grabs me and pokes at my skin while I scream for him to stop” and think you should go back and try to explain to him why he shouldn’t do that. He hurts you, then gets angry with you for asking him to stop. I don’t care how great a husband he is the rest of the time because nothing can make up for that lack of safety. He’s not confused or misguided. He hears you screaming, watches you try to twist away, and keeps hurting you. You cannot trust him.

:murder:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for lying to my GF about working 6 days ( I work 5) so I can play videogames once per week?

While it sounds loving exhausting to date someone who wants a date every single day of the week and doesn't let you have time to yourself ever, uh, on the other hand, all of my sympathy went out the window when this weenie complains that his girlfriend wants to cuddle after sex. They're definitely incompatible for a whole host of reasons, but this dude is a loving loser. :rolleyes:

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

this guy is a turbo rear end in a top hat. If i found out my kids weren't biologically mine, it wouldn't change a thing between us. i really hope this guy is getting shamed over this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While it sounds loving exhausting to date someone who wants a date every single day of the week and doesn't let you have time to yourself ever, uh, on the other hand, all of my sympathy went out the window when this weenie complains that his girlfriend wants to cuddle after sex. They're definitely incompatible for a whole host of reasons, but this dude is a loving loser. :rolleyes:

Seriously. If you're not gonna cuddle afterwards why did you even bother?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dick wizard posted:

this guy is a turbo rear end in a top hat. If i found out my kids weren't biologically mine, it wouldn't change a thing between us. i really hope this guy is getting shamed over this.

I mean I guess but it’s sounds like the mom kinda weaponized the fact that it wasn’t his kid so he let them be.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FilthyImp posted:

My wife still gives me poo poo for bringing my 3DS and Mahotantei Dikkumasuta 3 in for her induced labor delivery.

In my defense, it came in handy at 2am when I was trying to sleep and the baby's shrill cries were harshing my vibe.

And yes, dude's gonna have to wait in the lobby probably twice: once when they do an initial checkup that includes "Ok now it's just us, is that guy forcing you to have this kid or are you under any kind of duress", and once when they do the spinal tap for the epidural.

MD3 is somehow the first thing to ever give me exactly zero results on Google

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 17, 2019

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MarcusSA posted:

I mean I guess but it’s sounds like the mom kinda weaponized the fact that it wasn’t his kid so he let them be.

Yeah, but if I raised a kid for ten years and they reached out for me as a teen....

Especially knowing his mom is a psycho. Dude ought to at least make sure his son was ok, even if he didnt have any legal rights to him. Because that's what someone you raise for 10 years is regardless of his blood or what his crazy mother did to the two of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for lying to my GF about working 6 days ( I work 5) so I can play videogames once per week?
she will come around 6 pm dressed like a princess and ready for me to have a plan for her night; movies; dinner; dance; ANYTHING

we settle down on 2 days out 5 at home but I won the battle because I bring out money to the table

On her side she tells me a lot that she comes to my place to have my attention and when I play I just ignore her

;she likes to talk a lot; her sex drive is way bigger than mine and after sex she wants me to stay there doing nothing for like and hour ( for me this feels like wasting time I could use; even tv is not allowed in this weird after sex time )

for example she can just sit and look at me for hours without getting bored and I just cant I really need to be doing something )

The sit and stare at someone for hours "because she loves him so much" sounds like the kind of love that ends with a dead rabbit in a stock pot. Human beings need personal time and personal interests.

That she's giving him a hard time for his is either
a)he'll zone out and game for 20 hours a week and ignore her or
b)He wants to play a few hours before bed and she's complaining that the time isn't being spent on her (super clingy)

They sound 100% incompatible. There's also a conspicuous lack of ages given.