Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cspam is current full of absolute knockout dunks on ppj.

too many to list and find and quote.

fyad got deleted and forums got funny again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not even a thread title?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mind the walrus posted:

Not even a thread title?

Here’s one thread of many.

Edit: here’s a funnier one

Grassy Knowles has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Jan 8, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Really the entire time from when the discord screens dropped to basically now has been absolute forums history gold.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Redneck nazgul explained why the PPJ operation was hilariously inept and I didn’t see it quoted in any of the funny threads so I’m linking it.

I’m not quoting it here because it’s long, not funny, and it’s in a locked thread so I’d have to reformat it.

e: Small correction: making the first bullet point of things wrong with the operation “1. We used a goon.” is a little funny.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 10:01 on Jan 8, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wow you are not kidding there's A-game material across the board

quote:

The forums are going to have to live with being seriously understaffed while the mods are deployed in a particularly blackpilled Arma 3 server. If it is any condolence, they dont want to be there either.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Photoshops are funny, but this, this has me dying:

Probably Magic posted:

A few months ago I told C-SPAM I was not alt-right. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to alt-right discord deteriorated, in its implementation, into me posting Nazi poo poo. This runs counter to my own beliefs, to administration policy, and to the original strategy we had in mind.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sockpuppetclock posted:

PPJ: Rest assured, dear posters, your criticism towards me is unwarranted. You see, I am actually the biggest loving idiot ever. Secondly, *blows face off with a 2-guage*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ArfJason posted:

ppj making the proper german hand sign for the number 3 and ultimately befriending hans landa and having a great time lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wait, what? Someone re open the sagas thread I have no idea what is going on

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

purple death ray posted:

I can barely tell what’s going on also but from some of the threads quoted above:
1. There’s an off-site discord full of Nazi goons that are harassing non-Nazi goons.
2. The mods/admins tactically infiltrated the discord by sending moderator PPJ, artfully disguised under the assumed name “PPJ” to gain the trust of the Nazis by posting nazi memes and permabanning leftist C-spam posters.
3. C-Spam posters said “what the gently caress”
4. The whole operation is revealed.
5. The covert ops team is furious that their deep cover source got burned.

Summary: We must be careful what we pretend to be, because we are what we pretend to be.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

purple death ray posted:

Turns out the mod that everyone on the mod staff was going to bat for was posting in a Nazi discord, they knew who he was, he was making jokes to "fit in", and he was there to "help protect goons from harassment from the inside" by reporting some of it back to the intended targets of the harassment

nobody yet knows how many mods knew but uh, "mods knew" is an actively true statement this time

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sounds like they should have gone with someone with more experience at being a forums double agent

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
If I saw a scenario this dumb in a movie I’d walk out of the theater.

HerStuddMuffin has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jan 8, 2020

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Thanks, it's exactly as stupid as I thought it was. Anybody got the discord screenshots?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Seems some of the links are dead, but the mod posted this, which I feel no description can really do justice. (aside from 'somehow he expected this would make people stop complaining')

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

purple death ray posted:

Thanks, it's exactly as stupid as I thought it was. Anybody got the discord screenshots?

This is the callout thread. Screenshots in the OP.

PPJ posted some of his own as he goes out in a blaze.

There are more hiding in the currently open threads in C-SPAM and GBS.

Note that there are two very different threads with the same title of “Hello, posters of cspam.”

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oldpainless posted:

Sounds like they should have gone with someone with more experience at being a forums double agent
By running off landerig we let the Nazis thrive, drat our hubris

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

space uncle posted:

I can barely tell what’s going on also but from some of the threads quoted above:
1. There’s an off-site discord full of Nazi goons that are harassing non-Nazi goons.
2. The mods/admins tactically infiltrated the discord by sending moderator PPJ, artfully disguised under the assumed name “PPJ” to gain the trust of the Nazis by posting nazi memes and permabanning leftist C-spam posters.

Summary: We must be careful what we pretend to be, because we are what we pretend to be.

The whole operation was revealed by the mods when they used PPJ’s status as a mole in an attempt to shut down the ridiculous claim he was a Nazi.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post501442936

e: Earlier mention; mods merely confirmed.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jan 8, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who the hell is PPJ?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Who the hell is PPJ?

Party Plane Jones”, former moderator of Debate & Discussion, with emphasis in the U.S. Politics thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

Who the hell is PPJ?

A nazi

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mods and admins have what seem to be a disturbingly high pattern of spectacular flaming exits from these forums

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Mods and admins have what seem to be a disturbingly high pattern of spectacular flaming exits from these forums

The exact kind of person who wants to do it is the last person you'd want to do it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dameius posted:

The exact kind of person who wants to do it is the last person you'd want to do it.

Fine fine I’ll do it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

oldpainless posted:

Fine fine I’ll do it

More like “oldunscrupulous”.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Has actually been theorised that this ridiculous scheme explains a lot, including why there haven't been many new mods in a while- they wouldn't mod anyone who might blow the whistle.

The funny thing is, this technically qualifies as a goon project.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So, and feel free to explain this to me like I'm 12, but what is the reason for infiltrating some other forum?

edit: I guess I mean what was the end game. Like, he pretended to be an anime watching nazi so that _________?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So, and feel free to explain this to me like I'm 12, but what is the reason for infiltrating some other forum?

edit: I guess I mean what was the end game. Like, he pretended to be an anime watching nazi so that _________?

Apparently to unmask who they were on SA, and ban them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bony tony posted:

The 28th of February! I believe he turns 45 this year.

If it was a day later my statement would have literally been false

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Platystemon posted:

The whole operation was revealed by the mods when they used PPJ’s status as a mole in an attempt to shut down the ridiculous claim he was a Nazi.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post501442936

e: Earlier mention; mods merely confirmed.

Thanks it’s even stupider than exactly as stupid as I thought it was.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
On Her Mangosteen's Secret Service

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm told elsewhere that the Nazi fucks also knew the entire time and were just feeding him bullshit all along, but who knows how true that is

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

space uncle posted:

Even all spelled out for me, I have no clue what the gently caress any of this means

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm told elsewhere that the Nazi fucks also knew the entire time and were just feeding him bullshit all along, but who knows how true that is

He used his own name on their Discord channel.

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Hey Jones. We knew who you were when you joined, we just posted with you in good faith because that's how we do.

Here's your discord ID posts over time friend. Since you joined our discord you posted way more frequently here than in any of your own discords, or on SA. I'm sure all of it it was just because you were pulling one over on us CHUDS, but in that time you had a lot to say.

It probably would surprise you that some of your fellow WTT posters were gay/trans (and nobody cares its just posting dude), but the funniest thing is when people started accusing us of deleting your posts, when you were the one deleting them, and full backups of the things you tried to erase remain online.

Anyone who makes off jokes is a literal Nazi, anyone who says the Bad Words is a nazi is hitler etc so throw me under the bus already to satisfy people who have, in the immortal words of Infrateal, "clearcut their own junk, reduced to prowling public showerdrains for clotted pube whorls, a shaker of sea salt in one hand and chopsticks in the other."

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This is the dumbest thing yet.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Even all spelled out for me, I have no clue what the gently caress any of this means

1. There’s a chat room on the Internet where people post pro-Hitler thoughts.
2. They also say mean things about Somethingawful posters and plan to harass them.
3. The somethingawful moderator team sent a moderator to this chat room to gain information from the chat. This was done to prevent Somethingawful posters from being harassed and to identify the chat room regulars and ban them from Somethingawful.
4. This moderator entered the chat room using the same screen name as his Somethingawful name and started posting Pro Hitler stuff to fit in.
5. Something awful posters accuse the moderator of being Pro Hitler.
6. The entire scheme is revealed by the moderator team to prove that he is in fact only pretending to be Pro Hitler

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just full on Homer Simpson in the bar "first I need to hear about some crimes you guys committed, to get myself going"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Genuinely struggling to decide whether the dumb part is him using the same screen name or one step earlier when the mod team presumably just somehow assumed he wouldn't.

also incredible lack of surprise at seeing Riso as the first name that pops up in those screens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the admins have now disavowed all knowledge of PPJ and permabanned him

:911:

godspeed hero