Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

guidoanselmi posted:

I think the death door knocking comic didn't have it quite right. We only knocked on Biden's door - we haven't knocked it down.

Same for Warren and Bloomberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This is the good stuff. I always found her phony as hell, and this pretty much confirms she is.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Goodbye Rat King

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the one constant in all of human history is that old people will do anything to gently caress over the youth

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

What the gently caress is this cursed dance. I never clicked during the whole High Hopes Death March for Pete thing, was this what it was? Cursed white people having seizures and singing off key to a thoroughly mediocre song?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

There was someone in the D&D thread who got really upset with me when I suggested Warren was an opportunist who switched party allegiances because of her move to MA. Looks like now we have a 1st hand account of precisely that.

joepinetree has issued a correction as of 07:36 on Mar 2, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I mean this reminds me of an acquaintance who basically supported Pete “because I realized that old white guys like me screwed everything up so I wanted a young man”, who would likely shift his vote to Bernie f he had to pick a second.

I mean his support for Pete did make a some sense from a point of view of a guy who pays a little attention to politics. Not saying the Pete-dead-Enders can be saved, but there are people like him out there.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

the one constant in all of human history is that old people will do anything to gently caress over the youth

Coronaghazi ain't goin away

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

are dem voters really gonna go with this? i have to hope not but christ

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1234259440146231305?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if biden is nominated trump wins 400 electoral votes

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Jon Do posted:

petecord

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dccised/status/1202254660305862657

ultramiraculous has issued a correction as of 08:07 on Mar 2, 2020

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
If you ignore losing, Pete won.
:magemage:

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

was thinking about this... a lot of attacks on bernie are not against bernie but against his supporters

The clinton staffers that have hired on to all the remaining campaigns make me think this is somewhat coordinated. Ive had people yell one-liners at me on different sites and its always (all caps) "TROLL!" or "BERNIEBRO!" despite the irony that I am actually fully typing out points and sometimes providing articles. Occasionally "NEVERBERNIE".

No apparent sense of irony at all internet screaming "TROLL!" at strangers for hours.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

FRINGE posted:

The clinton staffers that have hired on to all the remaining campaigns make me think this is somewhat coordinated. Ive had people yell one-liners at me on different sites and its always (all caps) "TROLL!" or "BERNIEBRO!" despite the irony that I am actually fully typing out points and sometimes providing articles. Occasionally "NEVERBERNIE".

No apparent sense of irony at all internet screaming "TROLL!" at strangers for hours.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of vitriol directed at perfectly reasonable Bernieposts on Twitter and even on Facebook (surprising because it's a bit less anonymous).

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Lol if Biden's big win in South Carolina actually fucks over the "stop bernie" by taking warren back under Viability in california.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

that’s not how percentages work. if it’s an even split nothing changes

Catching up on this thread again and did anyone ever comment on how dumb this was?

Edit: yes they did

Moon Shrimp has issued a correction as of 08:24 on Mar 2, 2020

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I can watch these in this thread but not on Twitter. Anyone got this in a shareable version?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Modus Pwnens posted:

I can watch these in this thread but not on Twitter. Anyone got this in a shareable version?

Original source here for posterity

These links are shareable for me:

code:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1222143485677051908

https://twitter.com/i/status/1222143762723491841

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwrIxV3JeY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8qCO1wOZ4s
From the comments

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Thanks!

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

he didn't go in person because he values their work too much to risk giving them virus

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Shageletic posted:

The 2005 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act (BAPCPA) was meant, on paper, to prevent people from abusing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It accomplished that through means testing, making it harder for people to declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy versus Chapter 13. If a person's income exceeds a certain threshold, they're ineligible for declaring Chapter 7. The bill also required people to complete a credit counseling course no more than 180 days before they declare bankruptcy. It also limits the kinds of debt a person can discharge through bankruptcy: If they use a credit card to spend too much money on "luxury goods" or withdraw too much in cash advances, that credit line can't be erased. And, gallingly, the bill made it completely impossible to discharge student loan debt. It may very well be the single piece of legislation most responsible for putting the U.S. in the current student debt crisis.

Biden was one of the bill's major Democratic champions, and he fought for its passage from his position on the Senate Judiciary Committee. He had pushed for two earlier bankruptcy reform bills in 2000 and 2001, both of which failed. But in 2005, BAPCPA made it through, successfully erecting all kinds of roadblocks for Americans struggling with debt, and doing so just before the financial crisis of 2008. Since BAPCPA passed, Chapter 13 filings went from representing just 24 percent of all bankruptcy filings per year to 39 percent in 2017. Melissa Jacoby, a University of North Carolina law professor specializing in bankruptcy, told Politico, "I doubt that the bill reined in the abuses that the bill was premised on, in part because they didn’t necessarily exist in the first place."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/joe-biden-bankruptcy-bill/amp

hey.

thanks.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FRINGE posted:

TROLL!

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
bernie bros your time of dominating cspam is over

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/TrollasaurusRx/status/1234300607231614977

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
NO MORE MALARKEY

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Trump will play that on loop 24/7

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I am imagining freckle in a golden bean. He is contained. He can do no harm.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

I am imagining freckle in a golden bean. He is contained. He can do no harm.

im gonna call your dad a bitch to your moms face

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

freckle posted:

im gonna call your dad a bitch to your moms face

Good luck trying from bean jail ya malarky saturated BINCH

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
no prison can hold me or the truth i speak about your dad

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I do a better read than a listen, so for others like me here's a transcript of Part 1:

quote:

I knew Elizabeth Warren when I was a professor at the University of Pennsylvania. She was a right-wing Reaganite, and the University of Pennsylvania had the most progressive law school curriculum in the country. This is Elizabeth Warren: I taught first year classes, a class called Income Security. Elizabeth Warren said, "There is no more ridiculous idea than nationalized health care." That's the Elizabeth Warren I knew. She's in her thirties at this time. She was the henchwoman of the right wing takeover to destroy the left wing curriculum. I taught Focused Rights; I taught the National Labor Relations Act, which doesn't exist anymore, for the most part. It's not taught in any law school in the United States. I taught Income Security, and I taught Jurisprudence. Elizabeth was against all those things.

I don't really know Elizabeth Warren personally, I just knew her as a right wing Republican. And somehow or another God came out of the Heavens and turned her into a Democrat. Probably at the very moment that Derrick Bell stepped down from Harvard because he would not work anymore until they hired an African American woman. Now she couldn't pretend she was black, so she pretended she was Native American. That's not what we call people who are Native Americans because they are First Nations people. Apaches and Cherokees were nations. There's no such thing as a Native American. Elizabeth checked that box just as Derrick Bell was stepping down. She went to Massachusetts, she becomes a Democrat. There is no more relentless, ruthless nihilist that I have ever met in my entire life than Elizabeth Warren. She's right up there with Donald Trump. So, I can't really support her. She did succeed in destroying that progressive curriculum and that progressive curriculum, you know, it's one of life things you hold onto.

Part 2:

quote:

...one of those life things you hold onto, right? So I don't trust Elizabeth Warren as far as I can throw her. She has no policy, she doesn't understand imperialism. And she has said that she's a capitalist. What she really is is a technocrat who clawed her way to Harvard. I mean, that's where you want to end up, right, if you're a law professor? You want to be at [mocking emphasis] Harvard. Okay, she did that. She succeeded. But as President of the United States? I wouldn't even dream of supporting her, because Bernie Sanders--whatever you think of him--like me, was chaining himself to schools to desegregate them, was protesting against the Vietnam War. There are people who have held onto values for a lifetime, and those [indistinguishable] are the people I trust.

Carlton Banks Teller has issued a correction as of 09:45 on Mar 2, 2020

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
your son was forced to eat massive amounts of lentils to make up for the weak genes of the man you chose to breed with

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Biden now that Pete's out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXioRNYy4s&t=192s

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Waiter, this bean in my chili keeps shaking and mumbling things, could I get a new bowl of chili, with beans, because chili must have beans

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

Waiter, this bean in my chili keeps shaking and mumbling things, could I get a new bowl of chili, with beans, because chili must have beans

chili should be only beans IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Roll that beautiful I;m thinkin bout thos beans footage