Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Covid-19 is ruining tv for me. Everytime two people get close or someone walks through a crowd I tense up.

It's not a raven.

Beachcomber has issued a correction as of 22:07 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
CROW CULT

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

So am I supposed to wear a mask at all times outdoors or not? Because in the Netherlands there are NO masks for sale and all of them are being given to healthcare personnel. I have some sent by my parents but am I just going to keep having to ask them for more?

Yes you should, no matter what other people do. The government/media don't seem to explain this remotely well enough anywhere.

The purpose of a "civilian" mask is first and foremost to prevent the wearer from spitting, coughing or otherwise distributing their saliva around themselves by means of a physical barrier in case you are infected and don't know it. No more, no less. If everybody wears a mask we all protect each other.

So please, wear a mask when you go shopping, use public transport or are somewhere you can't distance well from others. Any mask, no matter what others do. Once critical mass of mask-wearers is reached, the sheeple reflex in non-wearers will hopefully kick in, regardless of their ability/willingness to understand the "why" and they will start wearing one, too, because they feel ostracized if they dont.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Tom Hanks blood here, get your genuine Tom Hanks blood. Low, low price of just $60 a quart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Inceltown posted:

We had it a happening with the Chinese population here a long time before roni so it wasn't unheard of and it's still not the majority. Going full face covering now though won't get you a second glance though no matter who / where you are. Well maybe in a bank but I haven't tried that one and am not in a rush to see.
this

also it's a requirement here in some california counties/cities (including mine) that workers and yourself must wear a mask to go to any store/pickup/etc and employees aren't supposed to serve people without one.

kinda dumb it took them like a month after a lockdown to do that tho, should have been an obvious day 1 thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Beachcomber posted:

Covid-19 is ruining tv for me. Everytime two people get close or someone walks through a crowd I tense up.

It's a raven.

plus everyone TOUCHES. EVERY. GOD drat THING. :stonk:

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Beachcomber posted:

It's a raven.

Me too, even watching movies I am cringing when people are just walking in crowds and touching people and things.

My brain is screaming noooooooo!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We won't know if the US has reached the peak until we see next week's Tues/Wed numbers, but it's super optimistic to assume they'll be lower than last week's.

Yeah I was talking to my dad on the phone and now he LOVES ScoMo and thinks that the press has been treating him really unfairly

We just had the highest number of cases ever on a Saturday! We have not hit the peak yet. Maybe NYC hit their peak, but even counting the metro area that's just 6.2% of the country.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

cult me cult me cult me cult me cult me cu

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1253732974190870531

women, amirite fellas

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oooo watcha saaaay

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

empty whippet box posted:

oooo watcha saaaay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

So am I supposed to wear a mask at all times outdoors or not? Because in the Netherlands there are NO masks for sale and all of them are being given to healthcare personnel. I have some sent by my parents but am I just going to keep having to ask them for more?

you can make them yourself

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

fyi he poopie in his own pants

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

deece

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

We’re gonna find out you gotta get roni ten times before you’re immune and we’ll be issued punch cards that can be turned in for a free sub.

grinding a virus for immunity would be very 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Xaris posted:

clothe masks/bandanas are accepted for mask-requirements

if you have an actual nice mask like a n95, you can re-use them with proper care, probably for at least a month if you keep them clean

a buncha hardware store n95s have the exhale valve imo which kinda defeats the idea of wearing one to protect others from urself but wearing anything remains better than nothing afaik

i glued down the one way valve tho that was on the mask ive been using for grungy around the house work so yeah

:yooge: BUT AND ILL KEEP WEARING THAT GARBAGE

working on making other somethings lately tho after finding a needle and thread

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Do I wake or sleep?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus that is a 5% cut in nys already

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1254118875844825088

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

President:
I'm putting my cabinet member, perhaps the most gifted brain surgeon to ever walk the earth, to work helping the country during an unprecedented medical crisis

Goons:
Haha the bad man thinks pyramid was for food lol he can't do medical

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VectorSigma posted:

the vast majority of deaths will happen after the peak. of course, any reporting of a "peak" will cause untold numbers of idiots to justify going out, so there will no doubt be a few peaks

Yeah if you look at the graphs of countries like Italy and Spain which peaked a few weeks ago the tail-off is wayyyyyyyyslower that the buildup and they still have a long way to go:

This lovely IHME forecast model was fuckin' criminally inept

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Antonymous posted:

President:
I'm putting my cabinet member, perhaps the most gifted brain surgeon to ever walk the earth, to work helping the country during an unprecedented medical crisis

Goons:

lmao he is a moron op

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

imagine being a Ben Carson Stan

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Antonymous posted:

President:

Goons:

Ben Carson: *is asleep*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s a surgeon

lmao everyone knows those people are completely incompetent outside of doing their one thing

there has been like 400 tv shows about this

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ben may be more fit to make life and death policy decisions than jared kushner so we should be praising trump

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

He became director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopskins when he was 33 years old. but yeah complain that trump put him in replacing trumps own son in law or w/e

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/RioMamboTexMex/status/1254081124692869124

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the only one who could ever reach me
was the dude who's a pizza man

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Antonymous posted:

He became director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopskins when he was 33 years old. but yeah complain that trump put him in replacing trumps own son in law or w/e

:ok:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

telling people 6 feet was a mistake

should have said 20 feet

now people think 6 feet is safe

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

nobody has to praise a grifter piece of poo poo for having done nothing

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Squizzle posted:

HORSEGAZEBO

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

him name johns hopskins frog

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Antonymous posted:

hahahahaha

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Shear Modulus posted:

what the gently caress they replaced if with a $500 bike

Celexi posted:

yeah I was wondering if the bike was some elaborate joke as I never saw the beans

meh.com offers only one item a day - y'all waited too long for the Beans, i got my sack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

cute but you dont need to take your mask off to sing or talk

keep it on and dont touch your mask