Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

the lump in your throat is the development of the venom glands, it's a rare side effect of covid, but can be projected up to 25 feet

Does the venom contain COVID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/k7vYc3Q.mp4

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Something I hold onto that keeps me from going down that road is breaking down the numbers. I assume Covid is going to infect about 70% of the population, with a death toll probably between 0.5 - 1%. Which is loving horrific when you look at the US as a whole. But in my area of florida, that works out to about 2,000 deaths across the county at the upper end. So all I have to do is not be one of those 2000.

you don’t have to run faster than COVID, you just have to run faster than the chud beside you. I like it.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thats not candy posted:

no, you need to add an organic vapor filter or use a combination cartridge

Cool thanks I got some 60923 cartridges too. They're still in stock on Amazon btw.

What I'm wondering now is if the 7093b cartridges have better airflow and I should just wait until they come and use them first? I've used similar cartridges to the 60923s for horticultural/pesticide application work and they were a bit restrictive.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Oregon closed indoor dining and bars :toot:

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's get some freshly printed federal dollars for our people. You a Lyft or Uber driver? You got an apartment that could conceivably be rented as an air bnb? Does your mom have a second home? Can you say you've ever cut the hair of someone in exchange for money? Even if you're not licensed to do so? Given someone a back rub? Did you or your friend or family function as a life coach? A pet groomer or trainer? Did you babysit a dog?

The government is issuing treasuries which are purchased by the federal reserve, and this freshly printed money can be had. They can't give us the stimulus we need, but they can give it through small business administration disaster subsidies.

I've personally approved and transferred tens of thousands of dollars to the bank accounts of people who are far less worthy than anyone reading this post. We should secure this money.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

post the louder version

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

• my sense of smell is like 50% back, from 0% 12 days ago
  • I still have this sore lump in my throat when I swallow hard
  • I got really hosed up tonight working a 4 hour rush at work and I'm really worn out and am probably going to bed soon

aside from that I feel normal/healthy/etc

i hope u are waiting & getting thos big no mask tips and blowing all over food like its a big joke as people hoot and holler at the plandemic

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Isizzlehorn posted:

post the louder version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVUnodVUzU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Let's get some freshly printed federal dollars for our people. You a Lyft or Uber driver? You got an apartment that could conceivably be rented as an air bnb? Does your mom have a second home? Can you say you've ever cut the hair of someone in exchange for money? Even if you're not licensed to do so? Given someone a back rub? Did you or your friend or family function as a life coach? A pet groomer or trainer? Did you babysit a dog?

The government is issuing treasuries which are purchased by the federal reserve, and this freshly printed money can be had. They can't give us the stimulus we need, but they can give it through small business administration disaster subsidies.

I've personally approved and transferred tens of thousands of dollars to the bank accounts of people who are far less worthy than anyone reading this post. We should secure this money.

I have worked private parties as a bartender...in the before times

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

wife or mom?

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017

Pinche Rudo posted:

I wonder how much under reporting there is due to the chuds refusing to get tested unless they're practically dying

:lmao: this would be my father. His boss's daughters held a big double wedding 3 weekends ago, the boss got sick a week later, the boss came in to the office unmasked while my dad was there doing his admin stuff to gather everyone around and announce that he'd tested positive and would need to work away from the office for a week or so.

My dad got sick last weekend, fever, cough, bad body aches, sleeping every minute he's not in motion. Talked to him today and he was out at his jobsite climbing over a couple trailer loads of materials taking inventory. Won't test because a positive result will mean that per the company's contract with the client he'll need to stay off the jobsite and will get behind in his project.

60 years old, lifelong construction worker who loved amphetamines in the 80s and 90s. Smoking since he was 12 years old. Hasn't been to the doctor since his back repair surgery a decade or so ago. Even minor colds lay him out for weeks. Won't go now, Trump got over it, some other assholes were fine, whatever. He'll let himself die.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Trump got over it with literally the best care in america and access to any and all drugs

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Me again. posted:

60 years old, lifelong construction worker who loved amphetamines in the 80s and 90s. Smoking since he was 12 years old. Hasn't been to the doctor since his back repair surgery a decade or so ago. Even minor colds lay him out for weeks. Won't go now, Trump got over it, some other assholes were fine, whatever. He'll let himself die.

The nicotine might actually save him, if the theories are to be believed

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Yeah, we'll see. Maybe he sees this as an opportunity to finally escape Arizona. :shrug:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

im past the point in my life where I can brush off going to jail. I’m probably not going to murder anyone, and I stopped drinking so no DUIs but fraud is totally something that could ruin my life

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Salons, spas, and massage studios get to stay open. Seems like breathing one inch from someone's face or rubbing your hands all over them could be risky :shrug: Still, the freeze is more helpful than last week's "pause".

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Me again. posted:

Yeah, we'll see. Maybe he sees this as an opportunity to finally escape Arizona. :shrug:

there is no escaping arizona

only the illusion of escape

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

California governor gavin newsom went to a birthday dinner at the French Laundry, a 3 michelin star place

https://twitter.com/akoseff/status/1327308053151051776?s=20

Also he took this photo, which is required to be shown when ever you mention him

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1298075368654548992?lang=en

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
life in the u.s. is fraud

extortion

money laundering

child abuse

racketeering

embezzlement

vandalism

disturbing the peace

contempt of international court

aiding and abetting war crimes

bribery

trespass

police impersonation

perverting the course of justice

threat

benefiting from war profiteering

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Pardot posted:

Also he took this photo, which is required to be shown when ever you mention him

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1298075368654548992?lang=en

I'm going to say the camera must have been on a timer - an actual human photographer would have been laughing too hard to get a clear shot.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

e:f,b. gently caress it, Imma post anyway.

RobotCoupeDetat posted:

Can someone let this essential employee goon working in post-secondary plaguelands know what the best respirators are?

Because lol if anyone thinks social distancing in kitchens is a thing

I like the Honeywell North designs because the way the exhalation valve on the bottom sticks out makes it a little easier to cover with cloth to provide a polite amount of exhalation filtration for your filthy breath. A rubberband should work to hold a bit of cloth or filter material. When I was looking around they also seem a few dollars cheaper than the 3M masks with similar features. They are both perfectly respectable companies so I'm not sure why.

I haven't tried it myself, but if you need to talk a lot at work the Honeywell North® RU8500 Half Mask has a speech diaphragm that makes it easier to be understood. You should be able to find this one for around $60 plus filters. This one is hard to find in stock though.

https://www.honeywellsafety.com/Products/Respiratory_Protection/Honeywell_North%C2%AE_RU8500_Half_Mask.aspx

If you don't need to talk much and want to save a few bucks (or you can't find the 8500 in stock anywhere) the Honeywell North 7700 Series Half Mask seems good. It's silicone to make it comfortable to wear all day. This is the one I ordered, it hasn't come yet. Widely available for around $40 plus filters.

https://safety.honeywell.com/en-us/products/by-category/respiratory-protection/air-purifying-respirator-apr/7700-series-half-mask

If you are poor as hell and/or only need it for short trips, the Honeywell North 5500 Series Half Mask may be right for you. Shop around and you should be able to find this one for around 20 bux plus filters. It's basically the same design as the 7700, but is made with cheaper elastomer instead of silicone.

https://safety.honeywell.com/en-us/products/by-category/respiratory-protection/air-purifying-respirator-apr/5500-series-half-mask

You'll also need filters. I ordered the 7580P100 particulate filter. P100 is as good as it gets, and I liked the hard cartridge protecting the filter. They also have P100 pancake filters which don't stick out so far if you need to stick your head in tight spaces. The P100 filters seem to run around $20 a pair, but there is a ton of variability in price.

When shopping, look around a bit. I found that amazon had higher prices than some other online retailers, probably from assholes buying up anything cheap and relisting it "at what the market will bear". Amazon also has a problem with counterfeits, there are a lot of reviews from folks who say they got fake filters. Or opened filters. :stare:

The established industrial/scientific supply stores aren't jacking up prices as much, and have long-term supply lines for genuine products. Maybe I'm naive, but they seem less likely to gently caress over their customer base for a quick buck than an anonymous reseller on amazon or a fly-by-night pandemic specialty shop.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I ordered the 7580P100 particulate filter.

I have these filters also. What I'm curious about is if they get ruined in the rain. It hasn't been a problem yet, but it's starting to get into rainy season.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pardot posted:

I have these filters also. What I'm curious about is if they get ruined in the rain. It hasn't been a problem yet, but it's starting to get into rainy season.

Find some 750029 caps for them

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pardot posted:

Yeah, getting wet would probably damage them. Luckily they sell shower caps for them. N750029.

Bottom right in this picture.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
you know, someone ought to do a big, comprehensive mask post that can be linked in the OP so it's easier for ppl to get that info

not it, btw

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Me again. posted:

:lmao: this would be my father. His boss's daughters held a big double wedding 3 weekends ago, the boss got sick a week later, the boss came in to the office unmasked while my dad was there doing his admin stuff to gather everyone around and announce that he'd tested positive and would need to work away from the office for a week or so.

I've heard this happened to a few people and I don't understand it. I don't think I would be able to contain myself if that situation. Definitely I would be getting fired minimum.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

you know, someone ought to do a big, comprehensive mask post that can be linked in the OP so it's easier for ppl to get that info

not it, btw

The third post had a bunch of mask stuff added

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926175&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post505378020

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

oh nice. i guess i didn't scroll down far enough

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

day 3 of fever and coughing. hasn’t gotten any worse but I guess it usually takes a week or so of symptoms before they start getting better or get worse right? got tested, will hear back tomorrow or monday

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

shovelbum posted:

Find some 750029 caps for them

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, getting wet would probably damage them. Luckily they sell shower caps for them. N750029.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

quick let’s enjoy one last weekend at the bars!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

America is within a week of getting a day with more coronavirus deaths than 9/11 had terrorism deaths

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Something I hold onto that keeps me from going down that road is breaking down the numbers. I assume Covid is going to infect about 70% of the population, with a death toll probably between 0.5 - 1%. Which is loving horrific when you look at the US as a whole. But in my area of florida, that works out to about 2,000 deaths across the county at the upper end. So all I have to do is not be one of those 2000.

I like the assumption that 70% of the population will get this, as opposed to 130% or 200%.

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 11:31 on Nov 14, 2020

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/amymaxmen/status/1327349852674666498?s=19

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1327125840040169472?s=19

This motherfucker has already killed more people than SARS 1

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Paradoxish posted:

But... that's kind of the whole point.

You can't have kids in the building for a full school day if they can't eat or drink.

Muslims do it all the time.

Young children are exempt from the fast, but high schoolers can absolutely go without drinking for eight hours in a climate‐controlled environment.

Is this actually a good idea? Nah. Shut it down.

It is, however, much less of a bad idea than letting the poor babies have their snackies because otherwise the terrorists malignant chemistry wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Two people were arrested for trying to smuggle a truck full of dead, infected mink out of Denmark.