Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Fate Accomplice posted:

I was momentarily angry this past week when Wingstop raised the prices on Monday/Tuesday $.60 boneless wings to $.70 boneless wings.

lemon pepper supremacy

I have a friend that works in the deli in a Southern state. The quality of their chicken has been varying wildly from the plump chickens that customers expect to shriveled, tough looking chickens that look like stewing hens. Egg layers who aren't good for laying anymore.

They also got corn beef for the first time in three months just a couple days ago.

Also we theorized that a number of truckers who are a day late are detouring to sell pieces of their meat stock directly off the truck to interested parties. It's not widespread yet but some inventory is being marked as received by the grocery store on the trucking side but not on the grocery store side. And it's happening more and more with truckers who are over a day late. I figure you chalk some of this up to simple fuckups and some of this to truckers who are hustling because some are still getting treated like serfs because the trucking industry loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Anyone got a good link for some kn95s for my teacher wife (preferably suited for narrow faces)

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CongoJack posted:

Wait hold on people killed themselves because they couldn't go to brunch at a casual dining chain or travel to Europe or whatever the gently caress it is white people do?

If I can't go out to Applebee's and get drunk with my coworkers who I hate every day after work then like, what's the point of living? Might as well get back on the junk I guess

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Anyone got a good link for some kn95s for my teacher wife (preferably suited for narrow faces)

tell her dont be dumb and wear an N95.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

tell her dont be dumb and wear an N95.

link for those then?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

Remember when KFC tried to get in on boneless wings and they just tasted like chicken fried plastic?

That sounds awful. KfC had tendies with a Memphis hot sauce. It tasted great but gave me a stomach ache after 2 tendies.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

:lol: it took them six months to figure out the government has their head completely up their rear end even when they aren't trying to actively sabotage it? Did they not ever see the original healthcare.gov site that some rando ended up redoing in a weekend out of pity?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

i'm looking at the kn95 masks from bonafidemasks and wondering if they are single day use masks or can they be used for a few days?

gradenko_2000 posted:

basic guideline is 40 hours per mask, less if it's in an area with bad air quality

what I do is, I wear a new mask on Day 1, and at the end of the day, stuff it in a paper bag
new masks again for Days 2, 3, and 4

on Day 5, I re-use the mask I wore on Day 1, and cycle through as necessary

at the end of the month, I dispose of all of them and start over

because I don't actually go out all that often, I don't even think I'm hitting 40 hours of use per mask with this system, but a month is an easy stoppping point to remember to refresh

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you're regularly going into work, so you'd be wearing a mask for 8 hours at a time (I guess more factoring in a commute), then if you do a cycle of seven masks, one for each day of the week, then you can toss the Monday mask after the fifth Monday. (or four, if you wanna give yourself some allowance)

gradenko_2000 posted:

if there are 52 weeks in a year, and you cycle through a mask every four weeks, then you need 13 sets of masks

with seven masks per set, that's 91 masks total

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

link for those then?

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00324574

been buying these for months now.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

We didn't kill the children
They all had to die, you don't have to cry
We didn't kill the children
"6 feet" was a blunder, now they're six feet under

i'm fuckin dyin

i mean, laughing, not of covid (yet)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1426699980660645891

Design stealing falcon twitter person is at it again.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

CongoJack posted:

Wait hold on people killed themselves because they couldn't go to brunch at a casual dining chain or travel to Europe or whatever the gently caress it is white people do?

imho it's real dumb to demonize people who got depressed in 2020. if "can't get brunch" is your takeaway of the negatives of the last 18 months then you probably either have a cushy living situation or actual brain damage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Count the masks in this video from LA from last night

https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/1426770794848391171

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Ice Phisherman posted:

I have a friend that works in the deli in a Southern state. The quality of their chicken has been varying wildly from the plump chickens that customers expect to shriveled, tough looking chickens that look like stewing hens. Egg layers who aren't good for laying anymore.

They also got corn beef for the first time in three months just a couple days ago.

Also we theorized that a number of truckers who are a day late are detouring to sell pieces of their meat stock directly off the truck to interested parties. It's not widespread yet but some inventory is being marked as received by the grocery store on the trucking side but not on the grocery store side. And it's happening more and more with truckers who are over a day late. I figure you chalk some of this up to simple fuckups and some of this to truckers who are hustling because some are still getting treated like serfs because the trucking industry loving sucks.

Living in the flyover breadbasket of the USA is pretty great. We still have full grocery stores and great meat, fruit, and vegetables. We just need to blow the Mississippi bridges and the mountain roads. A wall and trenches along the Missouri/kansas/oklahoma/Arkansas border is all we need. That Illinois/Wisconsin border will be hot, but we will overcome the coasties.

Who is flyover now will be the battle cry

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Spoondick posted:

im a longevity expert / race car driver with some excellent financial and pandemic advice to share

Race car driver

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

dxt posted:

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1426699980660645891

Design stealing falcon twitter person is at it again.

I dont care

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

average systolic b/p of 180

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Falcon finance man is totally NOT MAD

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1426703046906507265?s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Thank you kindly
Just bought a mess of them.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SKULL.GIF posted:

you don't see the ol "yo Ho Ho" beat down since Chael Sonnen retired.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
also lmao that lady threw the beer

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my behealthyusa kid mask order hasn't shipped after a full week, not a good sign

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lmao this guy is super duper pathetic. nice.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Nocturtle posted:

Haha probably true, can imagine all the people sitting in places with low/no vaccine supply getting a bit annoyed though. edit: probably no more annoyed than at reports of American low vaccination rate areas flushing expired doses though.

IMO pretending to be immunocompromised but using your real info to get a booster is the worst possible choice. The health insurance companies will find a way to use that against you in future, the frayed remnants of Obamacare notwithstanding.

I didn't even think about this but you are correct
mother gently caress, I'm going to have to think about this more.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmao this guy is super duper pathetic. nice.

It was suggested he is the infamous "Martin Random" though I don't know the veracity of that claim

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/piaranada/status/1425329107735220226

poo poo is getting bad lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MUFCAFaulkner/status/1426912411169304576

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1426535070844825604

Stadium capacity: 74,140

:rip:

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Getting my booster from CVS later today. Ended up using my irl information even though part of me wanted to go with Ivan T. Hirdose

Ivanka Thurdoz

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

what side effects have people been experiencing with the third shot? Is it similar to round 2, or maybe worse?

Had two pfizer, got a moderna yesterday. Pfizer shots were just a mildly sore arm for a day, not the same with moderna. Woke up today with a super sore shoulder and what feels like a minor cold, slight fatigue, chills, body ache. Not terrible, but just bad enough where if I had work i'd be unable to focus and would've called in sick

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Posting from my <12yo kid’s outdoor birthday party. :geno:

I’m so loving stupid.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

also lmao that lady threw the beer

what idiot throws their $10 beer

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I question the thought process behind having known covid positive patients hanging out in the ED waiting room until a room is ready for them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFL season is going to be massively superspreading. The primary audience for these games are meatheaded fuckwits in their 20s to 50s, i.e., the exact type of people who think they don't need to get jabbed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't recall ever seeing the falconry account hocking merch, what design were they selling?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

:hmmyes:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

I question the thought process behind having known covid positive patients hanging out in the ED waiting room until a room is ready for them.

lmao, just go with it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1426901317587439618

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I don't recall ever seeing the falconry account hocking merch, what design were they selling?

they stole a design from this very thread!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

The NFL season is going to be massively superspreading. The primary audience for these games are meatheaded fuckwits in their 20s to 50s, i.e., the exact type of people who think they don't need to get jabbed.

plus the tailgaiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

fosborb posted:

it's ridiculous we are getting better data directly from individual hospitals, but here we are

97% unvaccinated in recent hospitalizations is very good news for vaccines' continued effectiveness, and look, they didn't even have to make up that completely bullshit 99.9997% number the CDC is using

this is proof the vaccine isn’t working imo… look, does it work or does it not work? looks like it doesn’t work. what do you think you sheep? answer me. ANSWER ME