Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Britain's looks like it got pulled from a Captcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Professor rolling his eyes at the Afghanistan, Panama, Canada and USA smug fuckwit group at the front of the class.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Outrail posted:

Professor rolling his eyes at the Afghanistan, Panama, Canada and USA smug fuckwit group at the front of the class.

Canada's makes sense at least because it was a clandestine gently caress-you way to start a communist party when it was explicitly illegal here to start a communist party and use communist symbology in political organizations.

Panama's just on some weird poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I respect Panama and Angola because the machete is practically the local equivalent of a sickle.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well yeah. What's up with the cog on the us one and others

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that dog wasn't even a Thing, that's just what happens when you don't give huskies enough to do

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well yeah. What's up with the cog on the us one and others

Factory workers, it's probably more relevant to a modern working class than a hammer and sickle.

edit or was 50 years ago, today it would be your own car that you have to use for gig work.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just realized how ironic a name mr sunshine is

Your mom is ironic!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i love irony

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You'd think a guy named Chocula would be into that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Garbage Ape: Origins

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that's just an accurate portrayal of this thread

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Qubee posted:

I literally phased out my brickworks area due to the reasons mentioned above. It takes a metric truckload of dirt - which is a hassle more than anything, as well as coal, which is a useful and finite reasource.

Cement bricks on the other hand take a waste product from your bustling foundry sector, which keeps the foundries working constantly.

VelociBacon posted:

What's the waste product? Silica? Just curious.

Alkydere posted:

Slag. Concrete takes:

Water + [gravel/crushed slag] + [sand/manufactured sand]

You CAN make concrete just by crushing rock into gravel/manufactured sand, but its generally considered better to use slag if possible. Especially if your concrete setup is near your smelting setup and you can just send a belt over.

VelociBacon posted:

Oh my god sorry I thought I was in the real life construction thread. I was like drat this guy's got a foundry and belts?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Marcade posted:

Putting your computer into sleep mode is how you mine Cosby coin.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

About 10 years ago I put up a website that was a biography of Linux Torvalds and I would call him "Linux" at work and then link people to the website as a primary source if they tried to tell me I was saying it wrong.

Years later I found out the domain had lapsed and someone had bought it and turned it into a try-hard website DEBUNKING the myth and explaining his name is Linus.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Don't sleep on going to the website.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Don't sleep on going to the website.
And the archived version of the original

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

C.M. Kruger posted:

Depends on the type of aircraft too. A defensive gunner on a B-17 or similar would be facing temperatures dropping below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and would likely be wearing body armor too.

Fatty posted:

Scary number of visible bullet holes in that plane.

Tunicate posted:

Yeah they should add more armor there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beeftweeter posted:

lol yeah they do look similar. needs a huge spoiler

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:okpos: Being a huge jerk in TCC for the third time in so many weeks. :okpos:

Bossu posted:

I really hope the mods see this thread, so they can address not only the terribly misleading thread title, but the absolute bizarre placement of this in TCC. WHAT THE gently caress DOES THIS THREAD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH DRUGS, THE GRATEFUL DEAD, OR PHISH⁄!

edit: upon seeing mod approval, I lose hope of seeking justice.

I would like to think this is the last place left on the internet worth getting upset over, but I can see now that its just full of *guff*.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Free Bossu

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Well I certainly wouldn't pay for them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In regards to trump

Data Graham posted:

How are they so invested in this fucker. At some point you have to recognize a sinking ship when you see one

Get a different hobby for christ's sake

Cornwind Evil posted:

I have brought this up before, based on something I read about once. There was this (possibly non serious) study that there was a certain kind of beetle whose population was dropping, and they assessed that it was because there was a certain kind of cheap beer whose design heavily resembled and felt like what a male beetle would feel when mating with a female. These bottles were discarded everywhere and the male beetles were loving the bottles, and since they were insects and had very little capacity for thought, since the bottle didn't behave like a female beetle, ie, eventually she'd leave and the mating would be over, the male beetle would just get stuck in a loop of proceed with mating = bottle doesn't behave like female = just keep mating = Go to 1, and they'd just keep plugging away until they starved, or dried out, or got eaten by ants or birds, because they'd been exposed to something they had no ability to comprehend or contextualize and it just made their base instincts get stuck in a death loop.

There's a lot of factors here, like lead brain, the internet and social media, the right wing assault on truth over decades, but basically, what it comes down to is, they're beetles loving beer bottles. Lots of people don't understand exactly how stuff like climate change, or the debt ceiling, or all that works, and older people have trouble with new technology, and how things are presented having changed so much without any big obvious indication, and mix that with the usual batch of human failing, and we get the perfect storm of people who don't have the ability to comprehend the reality of it, so they just keep going in a cycle, unable to do anything else. In a sense, it has nothing to do with Trump. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

"Basically, they're beetles loving beer bottles" is the best comparison I've seen in a while

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

EorayMel posted:

:okpos: Being a huge jerk in TCC for the third time in so many weeks. :okpos:

quote:

Silent Diner has some loud influences, including Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Phish, Radiohead and Miles Davis, just to name nine or so.

http://www.mollyseltzer.com/2009/12/local-band-column-silent-diner/

v. eclectic

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

(In response to the Friday, June 9th release of the indictment of ex-President Trump, complete with document storage pictures)

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm at the toilet. I'm at the nuclear launch code storage room. I'm at the combination toilet and nuclear launch code storage room.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Captain Invictus posted:

In regards to trump

"Basically, they're beetles loving beer bottles" is the best comparison I've seen in a while

A bottle so good you'll kill yourself loving it? Sounds like a market opportunity to me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Arsenic Lupin posted:

(In response to the Friday, June 9th release of the indictment of ex-President Trump, complete with document storage pictures)

goon meter :rolleye: but it did make me laugh so thx regardless!

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Outrail posted:

A bottle so good you'll kill yourself loving it? Sounds like a market opportunity to me.

Someone get the flask fucker, it's time for another experiment

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In my limited experience at very most 30% of people over 40 are functionally literate.

I'm probably being overly optimistic.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FreudianSlippers posted:

In my limited experience at very most 30% of people over 40 are functionally literate.

I'm probably being overly optimistic.

well youre icelandic so probably not that optimistic ;)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Carthag Tuek posted:

goon meter :rolleye: but it did make me laugh so thx regardless!
I dropped the explanation there so somebody backreading would know what the hell was going on.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Carthag Tuek posted:

well youre icelandic so probably not that optimistic ;)

We're a literary nation with 800+ years of writing in our own language, where literacy has been the norm even for peasants in literal dirt huts for centuries, where books are the standard Christmas present every year, and yet middle aged and above people are still seemingly unable to read.

It's probably just all the inbreeding and rampant alcoholism finally catching up. Also lead poisoning.

I have great respect for my father in law because even though he's a massive boomer who gets in a lot of arguments on social media he spends a lot of his time arguing with his fellow boomers about why they're a bunch of dumb bigots who had it economically easy back in the day and he always has the data to back it up. Basically one of the few old hippies that didn't become a reactionary with age.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Jun 10, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FreudianSlippers posted:

We're a literary nation with 800+ years of writing in our own language, where literacy has been the norm even for peasants in literal dirt huts for centuries, where books are the standard Christmas present every year, and yet middle aged and above people are still seemingly unable to read.

It's probably just all the inbreeding and rampant alcoholism finally catching up. Also lead poisoning.

I have great respect for my father in law because even though he's a massive boomer who gets in a lot of arguments on social media he spends a lot of his time arguing with his fellow boomers about why they're a bunch of dumb bigots who had it economically easy back in the day and he always has the data to back it up. Basically one of the few old hippies that didn't become a reactionary with age.

bare fra dansker til islænding, I er jo lidt dummere :D

e: sorry didnt read what you posted, i was just doing som nordic joshing

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FreudianSlippers posted:

Buy him an account.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Subjunctive posted:

Buy him an account.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Subjunctive posted:

Buy him an account.

I'll buy him an account. What username does he want?

Hákarl?

Plokkfucker?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
God, I can’t wait to find out what new thing will come up when I’m 40 or 50 that will absolutely cook my brain. It’s going to be so much fun.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Neural implants that erase your memory of playing Ocarina of Time for the first time so you can relive it endlessly.

dpkg chopra has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jun 10, 2023

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
You have to pay the full price of the game every time ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

dpkg chopra posted:

Neural implants that erase your memory of playing Ocarina of Time for the first time so you can relieve it endlessly.

Of course someone comes up with a way to torment people with it as much as possible