Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

steinrokkan posted:

Wake me up when it's a cannibalistic necrophiliac homosexual mallard

Sir Lemming posted:

The sound of it is really quite atrocious

If you like the sound of it then sing it in a ballad!
Cannibalistic necrophiliac homosexual mallard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Atopian posted:

You have an OLD GUY, an INTERN, and HR, and your meeting room can only hold one of them at a time.

If you leave the OLD GUY alone with the INTERN, he will give her UNWANTED AND CREEPILY PERSONAL LIFE ADVICE DESPUTE BEING WARNED.
If you leave INTERN alone with HR, she will SUE.
If you leave HR alone with OLD GUY he will CONFESS MORE CRIMES.

As you may have noticed, there is no solution to this logic puzzle.

It's Sundae's stories that lead to that, but this is :hmmyes:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ohtori Akio posted:

hi admins. ive got a quick question actually. i think it is self explanatory from this image

Fluffdaddy posted:

its a drop down menu that has both moderator and permabanned in the same list. oops

As a matter of fact they are right next to each other because of course

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:bravo:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LOL that's an interesting form of forums Russian roulette.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Pragmatica posted:

it honestly would be very easy to do.

this is what the usergroups look like in the admin panel:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hit me up with a DO NOT USE please

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

can you make it loop over, spin the wheel of fortune!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Oh good, an alphabetized list. Perfectly optimal.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

re: DO NOT USE

Pragmatica posted:

from digging around a bit in the panel user groups, the only hint i have is this:

so, this is likely the fabled "fyad only" user group that never actually worked. who knows what that messy code looks like... lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Powered Descent posted:

Reminds me of that incident in Hawaii a few years back.

:hmmyes:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I swear, the halflife of radium's fuckery is longer than the halflife of actual radium

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Three billion years from now there'll be nothing but cockroaches and the SA server furiously misbehaving as it's housing melts under the growing suns gaze.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The computer from I have no mouth but it's just constantly loving up and somehow mostly getting the desired result

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Phy posted:

I swear, the halflife of radium's fuckery is longer than the halflife of actual radium

Honestly if the forums are still alive 1600 years from now, hosed up or no, I’ll be impressed

Or I mean my ancestors will read this post and be impressed for me :angel:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Hooplah posted:

Honestly if the forums are still alive 1600 years from now, hosed up or no, I’ll be impressed

Or I mean my ancestors will read this post and be impressed for me :angel:

You're ancestors definitely won't be alive in 1600 years. I guarantee it.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Badomatic/stankbitch superposition
Them's like quarks.

Carthag Tuek posted:

yep. the human brain has H B C and T vitamins, roughly equal measures. maybe if you eat a million "male" brains, youll get sick. but maybe you would also get sick if you ate a million "female" brains. its an unanswered question in science but i think its basically like a polar bear's liver, full of all kinds of poo poo
If you ever wanted to be patient zero for a novel prion disease, I feel like eating human brains would be an effective way to go about it.

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jan 20, 2024

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Hooplah posted:

That's the power of loadbearing slurs!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Hooplah posted:

Pewter rule of software engineering: the more temporary and improvised the hack piece of code, the longer it's going to stay in production. Radium's code will last until the heat death of the universe

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

B33rChiller posted:

Badomatic/stankbitch superposition
Them's like quarks.

If you ever wanted to be patient zero for a novel prion disease, I feel like eating human brains would be an effective way to go about it.

There are days when having my brain systematically disassembled by a protein going all ice-9 sounds more attractive than it should

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Fred is on posted:

You step into the throne room, where you witness hundreds and hundreds of dark elves in a circle performing a satanic dance. They turn and start hissing at you. "Nyeeeeh, nyeeeeh, you will never get our precious Orb of Gartak, because we hate your freedoms and your prospeeeerity! What we love is transgenderism, Klaus Schwab and open booorders!" As they speak you see them putting children in tubes, your children, and, and, and, and this is confirmed, this is all over the mainstream news. They ADMIT that they put hundreds of thousands of children in tubes, hundreds of thousands in every state, every day, and... you don't want to know what they're doing to these children, folks. It's bad. I won't go into it, but just imagine the worst thing they could do to children, and it's worse than that. (Ten second pause.) Now I have a question for you: Will you retreat like the cowards the elites think you are, or will you FIGHT? WILL YOU STAND UP TO DEFEND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL AND PURE? WILL YOU GRAB THESE DIRTY KOBOLDS BY THE SKULL, politically, non-violently, AND STOMP THEIR GUTS OUT? ROLL FOR INITIATIVE! But first, I need to tell you about the once-in-a-lifetime deals we've got going on all magic items, all gold purchases half-off and double patriot points with the coupon code "PALADIN"--
Knowledge Fight/Alex Jones thread

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

PainterofCrap posted:

What have you done for a Klondike Bar??!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I hate that my first thought was "I can fix that"

I will not code for the forums. that codebase has eaten the souls of better programmers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

venus de lmao posted:

I hate that my first thought was "I can fix that"

I will not code for the forums. that codebase has eaten the souls of better programmers

All you'd really need is an "Are you sure?" Preflight and confirmation step to fix the probl-:yikes:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All you'd really need is an "Are you sure?" Preflight and confirmation step to fix the probl-:yikes:

"we don't need confirmation because the user shouldn't make mistakes" is the dumbest thing that has ever made it into UI design

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:thisagain: Bad, lovely, annoying, trolling gimmick. :thisagain:

Getting expensive posted:

I only clicked this thread to register my disgust.

Cant these losers post in Creative Convention?

Please Ban as a matter of urgency, gass this thread too. Thanks

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

venus de lmao posted:

"we don't need confirmation because the user shouldn't make mistakes" is the dumbest thing that has ever made it into UI design

far more tools should default to simulation mode, with action being needed to make actual changes

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont know why he has the french flag i stole it from twitter lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

venus de lmao posted:

Undo is better than confirmation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

L'Hulkamania, mon frère

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lobok posted:

De Hulkamania, mijn broer

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

Undo is better than confirmation.

Hey everyone look, it's the rear end in a top hat who decided that Ctrl+D or just clicking at the end of the address bar should immediately bookmark the current page

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sapozhnik posted:

Hey everyone look, it's the rear end in a top hat who decided that Ctrl+D or just clicking at the end of the address bar should immediately bookmark the current page

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Did anyone in the thread notice the error ?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Did anyone in the thread notice the error ?

yeah but by then we didn't care

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lobok posted:

L'Hulkamania, mon frère

My favorite wrestlers are:
Pierre Froide Stéphane Augustine, Homme Masculin Bertrand Sauvage, and La Rocher

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's Le Rocher, you absolute fool

Other than that, no notes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Andre the Giant doesn't see the difference.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lobok posted:

Hypocrite L'Hulkamania, mon semblable, mon frère

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tree Bucket posted:

My cognitive impairment has people answering a lot of questions already by my shirt cognitive folks impairment don't we